Pixel is a technological whiz kid. Whilst he is pretty good with computers and other technological stuff, he has trouble interacting with other people and coping with problems. He has tendency to invent gadgets that make his life easier, like speeding up his homework, tying his shoelaces, or even playing sports for him.
Pixel is the resident computer genius in town. He can do a lot of different things with his computer, and all this stuff is pretty well appreciated by the people of Lazy Town. For example, throughout the series, he runs a TV Station, invents spy gadgets and helps gather various information with his computer. He really takes pride in his inventions and becomes quite upset if something happens to one of them.
While he can easily understand the logical ways of computing and calculation, Pixel has trouble interacting with people, and understanding the illogical ways of the humans. He loves his friends and his friendship, but he has serious troubles understanding them. He's absent for a good part of Season 1 (While since Season 2 he appears more). Whilst no explanation is given about this fact, it is assumed that he prefers to spend his time working on his computer than playing outside with his friends.
Pixel's room is the usual meeting place after the playground, it's seem because he has video games. He has a good relationship with all his friends, but sometimes Ziggy and Stingy can challenge his capacity of understand people. Pixel has little patience, getting fed up quickly when someone it's doing something stupid or annoying. Stephanie is always trying to drag him outside to play, but Pixel usually prefers to stay inside.
Pixel has a crush on Stephanie, but it's only clearly seen in the first episode Welcome to LazyTown. When something happens and it's Pixel's fault, Stephanie is quite hard with him, to which he never answers more than a "mm" or "yes". While his abilities with computers are valuable for all LazyTowners, his ignorance about relationships usually ends up giving him a hard time.
Pixel has alot of gadgets, some of which he invented himself, and he can build different kinds of stuff. Some of his inventions have unexpected side-effects, but normally they do their original functions. Sometimes quite well.
- Wireless Game Controller: Pixel is often seen using it when playing video games.
- All Purpose Digipad: Pixel can use this to look up information on anything.
- Remote Controly 6000: A machine that consists of a large frame on wheels with many ropes and pulleys that can control the movements and actions of a person like they were a marionette puppet, even whilst they are asleep.
- Food Analyzer: Pixel used it to analyse Bessie's birthday cake.
- Automatic Toothbrush: Pixel uses it to clean his teeth.
- The Zapper 6000: A device designed to make things disappear, but really only makes them invisible.
- PixelsPix.com: A website featuring videos and fun stuff about the LazyTown citizens.
- 3D Scanner: An oddly vacuum-like scanner with the ability to physically transfer real 3D objects (and people) into a computer.
- Remote Control: A remote which can control everything, even the movement of people.
- Mini Hovercraft: A Flying Camera
- StoryMatic 3000: A device that can display books as movies. When used with the 3D Scanner, this can insert real people into the story it is displaying.
- VidDiary 6000: A portable device that can displays videos of the coolest moments of Stephanie at LazyTown. It was created as a goodbye present.
- Televiewer 3000: Pixel uploaded everyone of Sportacus's SuperMoves on it and gave it to Ziggy for his birthday.
- Invisinator 3000: A helmet that allows it's wearer to turn invisible.
- Project X: A secret project. A giant rocket which Pixel and the others used to go to the moon.
Design wise, Pixel has undergone the most changes of any LazyTown character. In the first play, Áfram Latibær, he was a bald white kid who wore pajamas and square visors. In the second play, Glanni Glæpur í Latabæ, he obtained a shock of green hair and wore a silver shirt with blue pants. On the current show he is a black kid with orange hair.
Whilst the change of hair color could strictly have been a re-design decision, the use of green screen chromakey technology on the TV show would have also made it a necessity.
Pixel's character has also evolved over time. In the first play he had a very short attention span and spent his time watching television and playing on games consoles. In the second play it is stated that he is an inventor, computer programmer and can do more than 3 things at once.
In the plays, Pixel's visors were portable televisions screens/computer monitors that he could use to chat, navigate the internet, and watch the news and several other television programs at once. In the television series it is never really explained why he has visors, or if they work the same way. It is also never explicitly stated if he does several things at once, but his bedroom does have a wall full of computer monitors that are constantly running various programs.
Pixel has, however, consistently had trouble going to sleep early and interacting with people.
- Pixel's original concept name was PC Hyperbyte.
- His name it's taken from the name of a point in a digital image: A Pixel.
- It seems that Pixel has a minor case of Asperger's Syndrome, which is quite common in computer geeks.
- Pixel's computer runs Linux Operative System, specifically Debian distribution.
- The PixelsPix.com domain used to redirect to the LazyTown Official Site.
- Similar to Robbie Rotten, his inventions usually end in "3000" or "6000".
- According to LazyTown's Greatest Hits, his favorite song is No One's Lazy in LazyTown.
|Stephanie | Sportacus | Robbie Rotten | Ziggy | Pixel | Trixie | Stingy | Mayor Meanswell | Bessie Busybody | Minor/Guest Characters|