Stingy is an antihero in LazyTown.
"A bossy collector of stuff, Stingy impatiently dreams of being king of the world. Young and eager, he loves playing with the group (you can’t be a king without subjects), but finds himself apoplectic with jealousy whenever anyone brings something new to play with, something that he doesn’t have. He feels that possessions ‘make the man’. Stingy’s avid collecting does mean that he usually has just the thing the others need to save the day, put on the play, or find their way. If he’ll only share it, that is.
Stingy admires Trixie’s carefree attitude, but he’s jealous of her leadership ability. He’s covetous of Pixel’s computers and gadgets, can’t comprehend Ziggy’s generosity, and, while he really likes Stephanie, is vexed by her seeming lack of concern with material things. What’s a king to do?" — LazyTown.com
Stingy, as his name implies, is the stingiest and greediest person in LazyTown. His catchphrase is "It's Mine!", which he says about almost everything, going as far as to have a song, The Mine Song, where he claims that everything is LazyTown belongs to him. Despite his greedy manner, he is a good friend who generally cares about them, and wouldn't let them down. He enjoys playing; especially with his friends; but becomes hurt and angry when he is excluded or they don't want to play with him. He is very clean and hygienic and teaches the kids how important it is to clean up and to keep everything tidy (Trash Trouble). His best friend is shown to be Ziggy.
Stingy has a round build, a circle-shaped face, dark brown eyes, fair skin, and heavy eyelids. He is the only person in LazyTown (Besides Sportacus whose hair is always hidden) who has brown hair. He styles it short, with some of it being swept over to the left. His outfit consists of a long-sleeved button-up shirt with pale blue/grey stripes, a yellow vest, knee-length shorts in the same yellow, knee-high white socks, black loafers, a black belt, a red bow-tie with a white polka-dot pattern, and pig-shaped cufflinks. He also wears black-rimmed glasses occasionally.
Most of the time, Stingy's greed is played for laughs or to the slight exasperation of his friends; Except in the episode The Great Crystal Caper where, after causing Sportacus to lose his crystal, Stingy finds and keeps it. He eventually gives it back and is deeply sorry and vows to try and do better at returning things that don't belong to him.
Of all the characters, Stingy's outfits change the least between adaptions. In the first play, Stingy's outfit consists of a yellow suit, a large blue bow-tie, and black shoes. When he is next seen again, in 'Glanni Glæpur í Latabæ his outfit is almost identical to his current one, except his shirt is short-sleeved, his yellow vest has a black outline, and he wears black Oxford Shoes.
- Stingy's Icelandic name, Nenni Níski; translates to "Nenni Cheapskate".
- According to LazyTown's Greatest Hits, his favorite song is The Mine Song.
- As of Rockin' Robbie, Stingy started wearing glasses occasionally.
- Stingy can play bass, the harmonica, the saxophone and the recorder.
- His most prized possessions are his pink piggy-bank, simply called Piggy, and his yellow toy-car, in which he can often be seen driving, or parked next to the Sports Field.
- Although his motto is "Mine!", he has also disclaimed certain things, like a ladder he finds in Sportafake ("Hey, what's this doing here? It's mine. Well, no, but it might be my father's.") and Robbie's robot dog in LazyTown's New Superhero ("That dog is not mine!").
- As of Happy Brush Day, Stingy is 8 years old.
- Stingy's full name is Stingy Spoilero.
- Stingy is the only LazyTown kid who was never made into a plush toy or figure.
|Stephanie | Sportacus | Robbie Rotten | Ziggy | Pixel | Trixie | Stingy | Mayor Meanswell | Bessie Busybody | Jives | Penny | Officer Obtuse | Minor/Guest Characters|