What is your favorite LazyTown song

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What is your favorite LazyTown song

Too many to name. Gizmo Guy, Cooking by the book (English, German, Russian), Bing Bang Rock, Rock your socks off, Summer is the Season, etc.

Comment

Well, I have far too many to name! So, here are the ones I absolutely love:

The Spooky Song - This is my ultimate favorite song! I know all the words off by heart.
      Teamwork - This song I love, it's so inspiring.
      Step By Step
      I Can Dance
      Bing Bang Song
      Wake Up
      Cooking By The Book
      Have You Ever
      Lazy Scouts
      Always A Way
      Man On A Mission
      Twenty Times Time
      You Are A Pirate
      The Mine Song
      Playtime
      Good Stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Chlozie View Post
        Well, I have far too many to name! So, here are the ones I absolutely love:
        spooky song is great...especially the video...Julianna was really in top shape at this time...I notice that every song you mentioned is taken from season 1...do you have no favorites from the other seasons like "dancing on the moon" or something?
        Gallery

Comment

Season one is a goldmine. The music is fabulous.
          Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by LazyPooky View Post
            Season one is a goldmine. The music is fabulous.
            But most of their songs were already prepared, many of them were from the plays, while in all the other seasons they were concentrating on new songs.

Comment

As a fan, that only watch the show, and actually only calls himself a fan of the show, because of the songs, this one should in theory be easy.
              But reflecting over the question for a while, this is actually a really hard one..

In all honesty, I could copy-paste the list Chlozie made, because they would all fall in the category of my top songs. However, that would be too easy, and I have actually been thinking about this for a while now.
              So get ready, for the deeply-in-love musically, LazyTowner's top three list:

1. Time to Play
              Ranking as my all time favourite song, does not go without reasoning. This song was the one that got me introduced to all of this, right after the Pirate and Cooking mania was over. Therefor it really holds a sentimental value to me. But it's not only because of this. The funky groove it has to it, really appeals to my musical taste. The funky guitar part that's in the background, really makes this song, and really goes along with the second thing that just takes this track over the top; The bass.
              Never in a million years have a heard a bassline this good. The slap technique, combined with the parts where it goes really high... DAMN ! Sorry, I just had to put in on once again, it's just so freaking catchy!

2. Cooking by the Book
              When I mentioned the 'cooking-mania' before, I was only referring to the entire 'Lil Jon' shit that went on with this track, but after many years, I have finally got the characteristic "yeahs" out of my head.
              This is also a song I keep seeing myself coming back to. One of the reasons is, that Stephanie really shines in this one. Julianna has always been good at expressing herself, but in this one she's out of this world. I really dig the close-up method they used to shoot her, as her big brown eyes probably is the reason we all fell in love with her in the beginning. That mixed with her silly dance moves, and just generally cute/silly emotions, takes this video into my top list.
              However, I have only briefly touched why this is also a favourite of mine. Ziggy's starting of the song, with his distinctive throaty voice, makes for an definite remembrance. "I pile on the candy" will forever be stuck in my brain, and when I listened to the British dub, I almost had a heart attack!
              Talking about the dolls, who really makes this song, we cannot leave out Pixel. I seriously can't believe I haven't read enough about him, and especially his singing. When Pixel starts singing, that is really my favourite part of the song. His first two lines are almost seducing, and it leaves you longing for more of Kobie Powell's voice.
              The last thing I wanna mention regarding this song, is again the style of it. Now, I may be alone on this one, but I get a clear calypso vibe whenever listening to this masterpiece. The bass line, that goes up every bar in that special pattern, would suggest more of a reggae touch, but when it's associated with those timbales once in a while, and then freaking steel drums in the chorus, there's no doubt about the style. At least not for me.

3. Lazy Scouts
              Now before you start wondering, I must regret to inform you that I'm not picking this one, because it's the themesong to this forum. wink wink
              I'm picking this for a very specific reason, but before I get into that, I must tell you why I'm in all honesty not really a fan of it.
              First concern I have with it, is that it's simply too short! I know that LazyTown songs are normally not very long, but for this one you only get about one minute of awesomeness, and that one minute is even disturbed by my next concern - The banjo part..
              It's simply so unfitting, and it really is a shame. I'm sure they could have done something different, instead of just replacing the verse with a banjo mixup, to save themselves some time (talking you you Máni, e-herm..).
              Never the less, the downsides really are minor compared to the positive things, such as the person named Stefán.
              His voice is just so good! It's incredible how soft a mans heart can get, when he is listening to another man, singing a song for a childrens show. I have always loved his voice, but for this jazzy groove, it just shines a thousand times brighter. Pare that up with the last chorus, when the dolls are singing "I wanna be a lazy scout", and you got yourself a hit! ♪"One, two, three, four"♫
              No really, sorry to break out of character, but I really cant help but smile whenever I hear that last chorus. Everything is just perfect. Like.. Everything!

And that pretty much sums up my all time favourite songs from the show. Now you should keep in mind, that I for the most part listen to the instrumental versions of the songs, but in the process of actually making a top-3 list, I went ahead and took the singing in consideration as well. If it was an instrumental list, the tracks would have been totally different, maybe apart from Time to Play. I just have so many memories with that song, that it will forever be my most beloved song (and I really felt betrayed when I bought the CD and it wasn't even on there.. Shame on you LTE).
              I'm as sneaky as can be. None's sneakier than me.

Comment

I must first start off by excusing myself from almost spamming the forum with roman-like posts, when the list could have been made so much simpler. But I must again refer to first statement I made, saying that I actually only watch the show because of the songs. Therefor this is a really delicate matter of mine to get into, and also why I simply cannot do a basic 1-, 2-, 3-type of list.

Because of this, I also had to make another post, regarding some of the other songs, that deserves a mentioning.
                Again, I will try to be picky about these ones, as posting every single song from season one just wouldn't make any sense. So here we go:

Enginn latur í Latibæ/No one is lazy in LazyTown
                Okay, so why even mention two versions of the same song you may ask. Well, simply because they are not at all similar.
                I really really really dig the original version of the song, as I think that "Enginn latur í Latibæ" just lays better in the mouth. It just rolls out smoothly. But I also really love Stephanie's verse, where she's singing No no, take a vacation, I'll be the hero of LazyTown. However, the part that makes this worth mentioning, is the last chorus where Matthias goes really high for that "No one's lazy in LazyToooooooooown". Makes shivers go down my spine every time.

Step by Step
                Apart from the fact that this is the song I'm learning at piano right now, I really like the pre-chorus to it. You can really hear the chords leading up to a great chorus, and that is certainly delivered. Another thing is the fact that yeah hear yet another actress singing. Sarah Burgess really performs well in this song, and I just think that her and Juliannas voices match perfectly together. They also seem very happy when singing this, and the part where Julianna goes "La, la, la" and you can hear cheering from both of them, just confirms my thoughts even more.
                It also taught me a very important lesson, which actually makes pretty good sense when you think about it; Cut it once, but measure twice, it always pays to be precise.

Versti Fantur
                Oh man. This one was a hidden pearl for me, as I had not really looked into the theater until very recently. As I may have expressed in my last comment, I have a sort spot for Stefáns voice, and this ones gives it the respect it truly deserves. This song being performed by an actual orchestra also adds the the equitation, and almost made it rank in my top-3.
                It might have been a bad thing for me to listen to this song so much, because I seriously have the "Og nu er jeg, Rikki Riki" part stuck on my brain.
                The thing that makes the song stand out, is the sudden change from minors to majors, fittingly when Glanni is changing personality at [1:18]. Then you're sitting there, listening to this masterpiece change over and over again, until it finally released at [1:33].
                Marvelous, nothing else than marvelous.

All Together
                As you may have noticed by now, I have only listed songs from the first season. And that's because of the simple reason, that I do not like changes. I have nothing against Chloe, but to me she cannot compare to Julianna singing/dancing wise. Chloe fits perfectly in the role of Stephanie, but that does not change my attitude towards her voice.
                However, one of her songs still earned itself a spot in this 'bundesliga' list.
                Now this one was brought into my radar, by no other than the man himself - Máni Svarvarsson. He mentioned it in the interview member Stingy did with him, and naturally I had to look it up. It really exceeded my expectations, and the chorus where all the castmembers of the show are singing, really admittingly is great.

Bing Bang
                Yes, it had to be mentioned. I guess my opinion is shared by quite a lot of members on here, but that's also why I felt that placing this directly in the top-list would be a bit of a cliché.
                It ****ing is what it is - the theme song to the show. It's forced upon us after every episode, making the realization of the show being over, almost bearable to most.

And it's also the ending to my, now extremely long, message.
                As I have already went over before, I am indeed very passionate about the songs from the show, and I could list my own opinions on each and every single one of them in advance, but I think I'll spare you for that experience..
                Hopefully you wont be frightened by this massive block of text standing on your screen, but rather encourage it, and try to understand what going through the head, when a person that only comes back for the songs, get asked to name only one of them.

Comment

My favourite songs:
                  1. Step By Step
                  2. Spooky Song
                  3. Teamwork
                  4. Wake Up
                  5. Always A Way
                  6. Time To Play
                  7. We Will Be Friends
                  8. When We Play In A Band
                  9. All Together
                  10. Life Can Be A Surprise
                  11. Summer Is The Season
                  12. Let's Go To The Moon
                  13. Friends All About
                  14. Hey, We Play
                  15. Friend For Life
                  16. One More Time
                  17. SportsCandy
                  18. Bing Bang

Comment

Originally posted by Fox View Post
                    I must first start off by excusing myself from almost spamming the forum with roman-like posts...
                    I've just found out that taste differs ;)...not even one of your songs would be on my fave list...ok "all together" isn't that bad...but "Bing Bang"...seriously?
                    Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz View Post
                      I've just found out that taste differs ;)...not even one of your songs would be on my fave list...ok "all together" isn't that bad...but "Bing Bang"...seriously?
                      Yes, taste does in fact differ, and that's what's so wonderful about it!
                      I tried to give a great explanation to each an every song, so that you guys would understand why it in fact earned itself a spot.
                      And I like how you go straight ahead and choose two of the songs from my 'little league' list. They simply had to be mentioned, either because of being well made, or because they are just unique.

Bing Bang is, whether you agree or not, a special song. It's the themesong to the show, and it's the only one where they actually made different versions, like Bing Bang Rock/Bing Bang Christmas. It's also the only one where Stephanie differs her outfit, so you can get to see all of the qtness.

Btw, in the last couple of days I have had your remix of Bing Bang on my brain. Screw you Buzz, it's too catchy man! :updown:

Comment

yeah...the different versions of Bing Bang....although we have different versions of almost every song of LT...and all of them sound better than the original...thanks Pooky ;)...the Bing Bang housebuilder remix isn't my work btw...it's a remix made by Mani and it's taken from a compilation CD afaik...I only made the silly video
                        Gallery

Comment

Oh I see. Do you have any idea where I may find other remixes by Máni?
                          I did not know he made remixes of the songs himself!

Comment

Originally posted by Fox View Post
                            Oh I see. Do you have any idea where I may find other remixes by Máni?
                            I did not know he made remixes of the songs himself!
                            I think the Housebuilder remix is the only one that he did. Aside from the many Bing Bang versions and No One's Lazy 2007 that is.

Comment

What is your favorite LazyTown song

I love all :)

Comment

Originally posted by Sportaflufflauren View Post
                                I love all :)
                                That's too easy

Comment

Working...
                                X