Aleinn um jólin | Jólagestir Björgvins 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aleinn um jólin | Jólagestir Björgvins 2017

A beautiful live performance of Aleinn Um Jólin from Jólagestir Björgvins last Christmas. I believe that this is the first time that this recording has been shown.

original:

Re: Aleinn um jólin | Jólagestir Björgvins 2017

That is beautiful. I wish I could have been there.

Comment

Very powerful performance.

Comment

This is one of his final, if not his final, performances. I think it's fair to consider this his last performance as Robbie Rotten, occurring even after Ævintýri í Latabæ. Hard to imagine a better ending.

Comment

I honestly wish there was cd quality version of this, as I would listen to this every day, and every night, thank you member Stingy for uploading it on the channel and to "Sena Live" for originally uploading it.

Comment

This was Stefán's final proper performance as a singer/entertainer. It's a tremendous honor to Máni to have his song performed like this. He was live in the audience for the performance, and it is the proudest moment of his life, as it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by Stingy View Post
              This was Stefán's final proper performance as a singer/entertainer. It's a tremendous honor to Máni to have his song performed like this. He was live in the audience for the performance, and it is the proudest moment of his life, as it should be.
              Yes, you're right. If he had to decide how to finish everything, that would definitely be the way: I almost go in tears when I see his expression at 2:40 to 3:00...

May God bless him wherever he's now.

Comment

Beautiful performance by both Stefán and his costar. Máni should be very proud of this song and it being performed like that, it is so special. Tell Máni I said so and that I am sending my best wishes to him during this time

Comment

Very beautiful great performance. So nice... thanks for uploading.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazy4Ever View Post
                    Tell Máni I said so and that I am sending my best wishes to him during this time
                    Same here.
                    Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
                    Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

This was Stefán's final proper performance as a singer/entertainer
                      Wow :(

Originally posted by Stingy
                      He was live in the audience for the performance, and it is the proudest moment of his life, as it should be.
                      good for him.
                      Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
                      Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

I published English and Icelandic subtitles on the video, taking the approach of matching syllable and rhyme scheme without taking liberty on any of the meaning. Hope you enjoy the song more with them.

Also, a little LazyTown trivia for you all, the bald guitarist you see in the video, the one on the acoustic guitar, is Jon Elvar Hafsteinsson. He has worked with Máni on many projects, providing lots and lots of guitar samples, from the grimy backalley riffs in Versti Fantur to the energetic desert riffs from No One's Lazy in LazyTown. Additionally, the pianist is Þórir Úlfarsson. He didn't work on LazyTown, but if you read my stories from my latest trip to Iceland, you'll recognize his name as the LazyTown-playing organist from Máni's wedding!

Comment

I published English and Icelandic subtitles on the video, taking the approach of matching syllable and rhyme scheme without taking liberty on any of the meaning. Hope you enjoy the song more with them.

Also, a little LazyTown trivia for you all, the bald guitarist you see in the video, the one on the acoustic guitar, is Jon Elvar Hafsteinsson. He has worked with Máni on many projects, providing lots and lots of guitar samples, from the grimy backalley riffs in Versti Fantur to the energetic desert riffs from No One's Lazy in LazyTown. Additionally, the pianist is Þórir Úlfarsson. He didn't work on LazyTown, but if you read my stories from my latest trip to Iceland, you'll recognize his name as the LazyTown-playing organist from Máni's wedding!
                          Pretty nice. Thanks for uploading subtitles! I tried to mash this song up with the original version, but it didn't work out right. I also think that the lyrics were different in the original compared to this one, around 1:45 to 1:50. It was probably changed to fit for an on-stage performance. Is there any other changed lyrics from the original version from 2001, two years before I was born?

Comment

Originally posted by PKMNMasterClara View Post
                            Pretty nice. Thanks for uploading subtitles! I tried to mash this song up with the original version, but it didn't work out right. I also think that the lyrics were different in the original compared to this one, around 1:45 to 1:50. It was probably changed to fit for an on-stage performance. Is there any other changed lyrics from the original version from 2001, two years before I was born?
                            Yes, there were a few minor changes, the biggest was the one you pointed out there. I think, like you said, it was changed to make more sense, as the lyine originally in the audioplay wsd more contextual, and referenced the plot. Or maybe after 16 years, or as you might out it, 14 years after you were born, of reflection, they just thought that the new lyric was better. The ultimate point of that lyric, or any others for that matter remains the same. It's still a song between the hopeful and the hopeless.

Comment

I just re-watched the performance for the holiday season. I still miss Stefan... :(

Comment

Working...
                              X