Regarding LT fancy dress/dressing up/cosplay costumes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding LT fancy dress/dressing up/cosplay costumes

Does anyone know if Smiffy's still makes LazyTown fancy dress costumes? I know they did at one point, I was wondering if they still do what with the new series and all.

If not, does anyone know where I can get the adult Stephanie costume for a decent price? I'm not good at sewing so ordering a store bought costume would be a better idea for me. The cheapest I have seen the adult sized Stephanie costume is close to £50 on Amazon UK, and that's WITHOUT the wig.

BEAR IN MIND I already know that these mass produced, store bought costumes aren't always the best - I have a Clawdeen Wolf (Monster High) costume that was made by Rubie's which isn't the best, though it did me for a recent convention I attended. This one would just be for a similar convention.

Thanks!

Re: Regarding LT fancy dress/dressing up/cosplay costumes

Yeah the mass produced ones are not very good. They can skimp on the texture and stuff I guess, but sheesh they should at least get the colors right...

This one seems to be reasonably priced and isn't a travesty. Maybe that's the one you're looking for. A wig shouldn't be too hard to come across, though the more you pay the better you will get. Depending on how accurate you want to get, you might also want to consider investing in some pink Converse, pink bracelets, an appropriate hairband, and pink crew or midcalf socks,.

I'm not sure if any of the well-known Stephanie cosplayers use this site much anymore, but they would be your best shot at getting real information.

Comment

That's the one I'm looking for - thanks. I don't have an eBay account so I've sent the link to my boyfriend in the hope he'll consider getting me it for Christmas. It's one of the items on my wishlist for this year.

The thing is my sister owns a sewing machine and has made cosplay bits for me in the past (she made a sailor collar for a Sailor Mars costume I was trying to do for Halloween). I wonder how easy it would be to make a dress on a sewing machine.

Comment

I have seen one cheepest costume on ebay a long time ago. But I don't know if it still has it

Comment

The one Stingy linked me to was exactly what I wanted, and my boyfriend may or may not buy me it for Christmas. Sure hope he does.

Comment

Originally posted by Stingy View Post
            ... pink Converse ...
            Why did they even switch to Converse, instead of Juliannas big sneakers? I never understood that.
            I'm as sneaky as can be. None's sneakier than me.

Comment

Haha, I didn't pay attention to Chloe's footwear, I'm just wondering why Stephanie has that pink mask now. :/

Comment

Originally posted by Fox View Post
                Why did they even switch to Converse, instead of Juliannas big sneakers? I never understood that.
                The company making the old shoes went out of business.

Comment

Originally posted by LagoonaBlue View Post
                  The thing is my sister owns a sewing machine and has made cosplay bits for me in the past (she made a sailor collar for a Sailor Mars costume I was trying to do for Halloween). I wonder how easy it would be to make a dress on a sewing machine.
                  Yeah I'm not sure. The material seems like it would be kind of hard to come by. It's two colors of denim with a hint of glitter-like particles embedded into the fiber. Then the white for the collar, arm holes, and the purple striping on the dress as well. It really seems like a job for a professional tailor, though maybe your sister is a professional.

Comment

Originally posted by LagoonaBlue View Post
                    Haha, I didn't pay attention to Chloe's footwear, I'm just wondering why Stephanie has that pink mask now. :/
                    It's an attempt at making the girl, that the kids look up to, also appear as a superhero. Don't worry, we all hate it as much as you do..

Originally posted by Stingy View Post
                    The company making the old shoes went out of business.
                    Oh man, that sucks. Anyway, when looking at it, it probably wouldn't have looked that good anyways. I mean, Julianna had very thick leg and thighs, whereas Chloe has Skeletor the Skeleton legs. It would probably have looked like she was wearing moon boots to be honest..
                    I'm as sneaky as can be. None's sneakier than me.

Comment

Wow, sorry to revive an old thread, but I have good news.

Managed to find a BNIB Stephanie costume for a decent price on eBay recently and so I bought it! It only comes with the dress, Stephanie's bag (which is actually a decent-ish size and has a mobile/cell phone pocket on the strap) and pink legwarmers. The wig is sold separately, although I might buy a different wig as the official wig that Smiffy's did is harder to come by that the costume itself.

The dress feels kinda cheap, it's made of a sort of silky material that feels like it might snag easily. It's only stripy on one side, the back is just plain pink. The back and legwarmers are made of fleece as far as I can tell.

I should probably post pictures of it later.

Comment

Working...
                      X