The animals of LazyTown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The animals of LazyTown

I was recently thinking of butterflies and that in combination with LazyTown I started looking for them and found two of them so far. One in Sportacus controlbox (LazyTown Goes Digital) and one when Milford was catching them (Double Trouble). I don't know what's so fun about that though..

There are more animals (mammals, insects, birds etc) in LazyTown but this is a start.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	251.2 KB
ID:	153442 Click image for larger version

Name:	Image2.jpg
Size:	407.5 KB
ID:	153443

Name:	Image3.jpg
Size:	249.9 KB
ID:	153444 Click image for larger version

Name:	Image5.jpg
Size:	516.7 KB
ID:	153445
    Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Re: The animals of LazyTown

There's the owl that visits during Haunted Castle

Name:	cropped6824107853966214192.jpg
Views:	774
Size:	108.3 KB
ID:	150542

Comment

And of course the kitten

Comment

The bee that gets trapped in a garbage can

Comment

The bird on Stingy's shoulder. Does this represent the latibaer bird? :itisamystery:

Name:	stingy-bird.jpg
Size:	911.1 KB
ID:	150579

Name:	latibaer-bird.jpg
Size:	114.6 KB
ID:	150580
          Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by LazyPooky View Post
            The bird on Stingy's shoulder. Does this represent the latibaer bird? :itisamystery:
            Eh, doubt it. Most notably is how the beak on the parakeet is blue, while the beak on the generic bird is orange.

Comment

Originally posted by Pickelhaube808 View Post
              Eh, doubt it. Most notably is how the beak on the parakeet is blue, while the beak on the generic bird is orange.
              It's actually the nose that is blue, typically for a male parakeet, and the beak is orange. They had to go for a female bird. They have orange noses.
              Not sure what kind of bird the latibaer bird is. Looks more like a canary than a parakeet.

Name:	Screenshot_2019-09-14 How To Tell The Gender Of Pet Budgies - YouTube.png
Size:	684.8 KB
ID:	150587

They actually used a real parakeet on the set, just like a real kitten. I can't think of any other real animal they used.

Comment

I can’t remember where I read it so I’m not sure how true it is, but I read somewhere that the parrots in Rottenbeard and Little Sportacus were actually Stefan’s Click image for larger version

Name:	162F422C-B0A9-4EA7-9231-358F9F15C157.png
Size:	1.21 MB
ID:	150588Click image for larger version

Name:	22481BFE-A3A3-416A-A3DF-7B3BB5D6F9CF.png
Size:	921.7 KB
ID:	150589

Comment

Originally posted by Nova Stopmonk View Post
                  The bee that gets trapped in a garbage can
                  And the bee that flies into Milford's tent

Comment

Originally posted by RockinRobbie View Post
                    I can’t remember where I read it so I’m not sure how true it is, but I read somewhere that the parrots in Rottenbeard and Little Sportacus were actually Stefan’s
                    Not sure if one of them was actually his but it could be the one in Rottenbeard. In Iceland he had this parrot named Olina but the bird went to a foster house when they moved to New York in 2005.

--updated post with a photo (March 2020)--

Name:	oieqztH.jpg
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	150611

Comment

The parrot in Rottenbeard was his and his wife's bird. They brought it in for the episode.

Comment

I found this story on Reddit a few months ago and it does add something to this thread.

Name:	kpepgpociqh11.jpg
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	150612

Backstory: I was visiting my sister who was working on Lazytown in Iceland. While driving to the studio, we saw a bunch of cats in the road, looking like they were stalking something. My sister got out, and saw it was a young-looking African Grey parrot. Since they're obviously not native to Iceland, she figured it was a pet. She went over to it, and put her arm down, and it quickly hopped on to her and climbed up to her shoulder. Ok, it was a very friendly parrot, now very obviously a pet.

With no better ideas, we took it to the studio with us, and let it hang out in the green room (seen here). Stefán came in between scenes and saw the bird, and got some bird food from his car (he had pet parrots at the time, and happened to have some of their food in his car). He also knew the people at the local pet store (or exotic pet store? I can't exactly remember) and so called them, to see if they had heard of anyone's pet African Grey going missing. Sure enough, one of the employees there had lost his - he had hand-raised it since it was a chick, and it had been with him at a park (see above re: super tame) when a strong gust of wind carried it farther than it had been before and got lost.

They contacted the employee who quickly came to the studio with tears in his eyes (and flowers for us and Stefán) and was reunited with his bird.

from here:
                        https://www.reddit.com/r/wholesomepi...ost_parrot_we/

Comment

That’s so adorable!!! I love that picture so much hahaha

Comment

❤❤❤
                            Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
                            Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

Originally posted by LazyPooky View Post
                              Backstory: I was visiting my sister who was working on Lazytown in Iceland.
                              Maybe it was Julianna's sister?

Comment

Working...
                              X