No announcement yet.

Anyone thought of translating Latibaer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone thought of translating Latibaer?

I thought it's easy to dub. But no matter what you do guys, subtitles is the best variant.

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz View Post
      good lord...the plays as a mix of european, asian and american accents lol...fortunately there isn't a character matching the german accent (supervisor or police officer)...Stephanie with dutch accent would be great though
      Hahaha, you're right about the accents. That would definitely be both a funny and confusing mix..

Originally posted by ParvizHalimov View Post
      I thought it's easy to dub. But no matter what you do guys, subtitles is the best variant.
      Nah, not really an easy project. Just alone getting the qualified personel would be a huge task. Then every one of these had to get some decent recording equipment, as you can't really do a proper dubbing if the people are not using the, at least somewhat, same same stuff to record. Imagine if you watched an episode of LazyTown, and suddenly one of the characters was recorded with an old beat up headset.. Really ruins the illusion.

Anyway, the most difficult part of a project of this kind, and also the reason why we're probably not gonna be able to do it, is that we don't have the underscoring music. So yeah... :(
      I'm as sneaky as can be. None's sneakier than me.

Comment

Originally posted by Fox View Post
        Anyway, the most difficult part of a project of this kind, and also the reason why we're probably not gonna be able to do it, is that we don't have the underscoring music. So yeah... :(
        That's too pity.

Comment

My goodness I remember when I first saw the latibaer plays..I saw them after I took an interest to lazytown in 2003 when my first son was born..I could not understand what they were saying but I was still very much intrigued and amused.

Comment

Originally posted by Arra View Post

My goodness I remember when I first saw the latibaer plays..I saw them after I took an interest to lazytown in 2003 when my first son was born..I could not understand what they were saying but I was still very much intrigued and amused.
            You should be in for a treat then!
            Hopefully we will have at least the first play translated. :)

Comment

The thread has almost been open for 10 years, but hey, we got it done, right? Watch Glanni Glæpur í Latabæ fully translated to English below:

Comment

Thank you very much. Did you pay for that?

Comment

Originally posted by ParvizHalimov View Post
                  Thank you very much. Did you pay for that?
                  Yes.

Comment

Great! thanks.
                    Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Where's the "I absolutely freaking LOVE this"-button?

Having at least one of the original plays translated to English, was one of the few things I really wanted to happen. That was also the main reason why I contacted Kristófer, sorta to get the ball rolling.
                      Having this vision now come true now, is really such a wonderful feeling. As you say, it's almost 10 years after the first initiation, but it was never too late. Just imagine how many people will get to benefit from this in the future. The video has reached over 1 million views, and that was even without any subs at all.. Maybe it was actually because of the lacking subtitles, because the show surely didn't become less... Well... Cinematic lol..

A huge round of applause to Mr. Fristoker, Mr. Crow, and of course all the wonderful people that has been requesting this throughout all these years.

Comment

Hey I thought it was abput time to update my avetar with a new pic of my inner self...Any way to download the show with the english subtitles?

Comment

Originally posted by Frances View Post
                          Hey I thought it was abput time to update my avetar with a new pic of my inner self...Any way to download the show with the english subtitles?
                          What I can do is send you the subtitle file that is read by YouTube. It's an .srt file and it can be imported into most media players and editors. You should be able to reach your goal with this.
                          https://mega.nz/#!CttzBJqa!CxGqOfuJU...NmGF99bzFA7nYo

Comment

Originally posted by Stingy View Post
                            What I can do is send you the subtitle file that is read by YouTube. It's an .srt file and it can be imported into most media players and editors. You should be able to reach your goal with this.
                            https://mega.nz/#!CttzBJqa!CxGqOfuJU...NmGF99bzFA7nYo
                            Oh thanks

Comment

great job!

Comment

Loved watching Glanni with subtitles! When I had only the audio files I got sort of the gist of what was happening, but there were some things I completely missed. Very grateful to get to see this with more understanding.

Comment

Working...
                                X