Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LazyTown coming to Blu-ray? Maybe!

http://www.lazytown.biz/2011/10/ncircle ... r-the-u-s/

NCircle Entertainment, a division of Alliance Entertainment, LLC, licenses, manufactures and distributes family and children’s programming and related images for home entertainment and consumer products have signed up to distribute LazyTown Season 1 & 2 for DVDs, VHS, Blueray and DTO/DTR, in English and Spanish, for a U.S. retail launch in 2012.
    So this is kind of promising. They fail at spelling Blu-ray. That's not a good sign. This is also the rights to release it - but no promise they will exercise those rights. We may very well just see some crappy DVDs, as usual. If we're lucky, they'll exercise their "download to own/download to rent" rights and put up some HD copies on the various stores - iTunes, PSN, etc. If they just release DVDs, it will be a pointless exercise now that Sprout is airing vastly superior copies in HD. But a Blu-ray with its full 1080p, high bitrate H.264 glory? That offers significant room for improvement over Sprout HD's low bitrate 1080i MPEG-2 broadcasts.

Re: LazyTown coming to Blu-ray? Maybe!

Blueray
    It's good news though, I heard something about a release on that media in 2012 but didn't know it was actuallty true.
    Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Xizer
      iTunes, PSN, etc.
      That would be quite the awesome.

Comment

woohoo! Can finally add some some new Lazytown DVDs to my collection. and LOL at the vhs...They more or less have stopped producing vhs in 2006 so either thats just a general statement or they are going to release in that format just very limited distribution.

Comment

They need to release some sort of box set available for America

Comment

Originally posted by lazyrudy View Post
            They need to release some sort of box set available for America
            As a general rule of thumb, kids shows--especially EC entertainment--rarely see complete releases, to say nothing of box sets. Best bet for a show like LazyTown is digital distribution.

Comment

Originally posted by Username View Post
              Best bet for a show like LazyTown is digital distribution.
              Yup.
              When a Child sits across from me on the Train, they're either screaming their head off or have their nose pressed against a tablet.
              The times they are a changin'
              Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
              Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

Indeed. As a fan of physical media it leaves me saddened, but on the plus side, digital being as open as it is means we're far more likely to see more content in the future, versus if the only options were cable and physical home video.

LTE disbanding isn't the end of the LazyTown brand, it continues to be marketed online. I hold out hope for the show to return, especially given how much greenscreening and recycled CGI backdrops it uses.

Comment

Originally posted by Username View Post
                  Indeed. As a fan of physical media it leaves me saddened
                  Me too.

Not wanting to go off on a tangent, but I read years ago that Bruce Willis wasn't allowed to put his itunes library in his will? something like that anyway. You can, as far as I know, do that with CD's.
                  Also, leaving aside the obvious (being able to physically hold the show you love on dvd) there's no novelty with downloads. You can look for a rare CD to complete your collection, but their aren't "rare" downloads afaik.
                  You can't take a download to a stage door and get the artist to sign it either.
                  If I'd have been growing up in these times, I would naturally come to downloads first and wouldn't give a second thought to physical media.
                  I don't know, I guess I'm a fuddy duddy.
                  Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
                  Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

Physical Media and Downloadable Media both have there ups and downs

Comment

Originally posted by Glanni's Girl View Post
                      there's no novelty with downloads. You can look for a rare CD to complete your collection, but their aren't "rare" downloads afaik.
                      While it doesn't have the same novelty, and the initial buzz of 'lots of stuff in small space' wears off quickly, there certainly are rare digital files. Generally speaking though, there aren't rare 'downloads'--if a video is pulled or deleted with no backup, or is only saved to a private drive, then I'd say it's rare or otherwise lost. One thing that leaping to mind are Pokemon shorts which were uploaded to YouTube, but eventually pulled, and nobody seemingly thought to download them--only the Japanese ones exist now.

Sometimes they aren't necessarily rare, but just obscure, like the quieter-vocal mix of The Greatest Genie that's up on the official LazyTown channel. If that got pulled down, it'd be gone from the public forever, since it's only in the one place.

For a long time, the biggest driver of rare digital media was private collectors. Now it's copyright scrubbing, which risks the loss of decade-old video and audio uploads which may no longer have backups--to say nothing of personal videos.

A good repository for media that once was rare or lost is the Lost Media Wiki. The only thing is they'll sometimes slack and not backup newly found media, and then it gets re-lost . I try to keep a personal archive of neat stuff, like the lost-then-found-then-lost Hey Arnold! movie footage which was pulled when the upcoming movie entered production.

Comment

The most recent Lazytown home media releases was in 2014. Don't get your hopes up.
                        Last edited by possessor; 16 October 2022, 09:40.

Comment

I'm so grateful to bädo Innos for uploading all the episodes to YouTube in HD :S they look great on my new tv hehe

Comment

I feel like Seasons 3 and 4 were completely forgotten for USA home media.

Comment

LazyTown coming to Blu-ray? Maybe!

pretty much. We had what? 7 dvd releases or something like that. Long OOP.

Comment

Working...
                              X