Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New icelandic Stephanie for the National Theater 2014

Re: Time to Get a New Stephanie?

The new icelandic Stephanie for the National Theater play this fall.

Click image for larger version  Name:	AR-705109977.jpg Views:	1 Size:	67.0 KB ID:	148574

Melkorka Davíðsdóttir Pitt

http://m.visir.is/Lifid/Frett?ArticleID=2014705109977

New Solla stiff
    "On the way to my first audition, for Kardimommubæinn, I say to my mother: "Oh, can't we just go home and do something else? But she inspires me to go because we were already halfway up the theater. I've often thought what would have happened if we had reversed this day, because it was like the beginning of my theatrical life. I played púðluhund in the exhibition, 11 years, "says the 16-year-old Melkorka Davíðsdóttir Pitt.

Melkorka plays Solla in the National Theatre in Lazytown next fall. Runes Freyr Gislason has directed it and Magnus Scheving is the creator of the work.

Melkorka was selected from among nearly two hundred talented girls who sought to get the role of Solla, the happy girl in Lazytown. For the second time the character is one of the best-known Icelandic children's role so there is a certain pressure to put up the wig.

"I'm stepping into a preconceived role that everyone knows very well and I 'm doing my best to understand the role well for me. Solla is a lively and fun girl who began to be stiff but now and currently sings in Lazytown. I watched a lot of Lazytown myself as a child and now my nine years old sister is a fan. I'm just not prepared to tell her the news. Think she will be pretty happy that her sister will Solla. "

Did not expect to get the role
    Melkorka arranged an appointment with a journalist at a cafe downtown. Schoolbooks and Highlight pens are not far off because she is headed for the Icelandic test. Melkorka is studying in the first year of junior college, where she is adapting to college life.

"I was just reading a history test when Runar Freyr called me and said I had been selected . It made the test reading more fun but I never expected it to get the role. There were so many nice girls to apply. "

Melkorka lives in Skerjafirðinum with her parents, film producer Guðrúnu Eddu Þórhannesdóttur and architect David Pitt. She is the oldest of the siblings and has a sister Ísold who is nine years old and brother Hauskuld Thor who is one and a half years old. Melkorka has lived for a time in Britain, where she joined the British school with great discipline. She is Vesturbæingur now.

"I came from a small class in the country cottage school, I was just in nine grade, so there was a definite change coming into MR. There is so much to do and I really enjoy the fun. Has come into Herranótt [ theater MR ] and the price at the board next year (??), " says Melkorka who has practiced ballet for many years in the Icelandic Ballet School , which was where she was given her first trial.

Fascinating theater aroma
    The theater has fascinated Melkorka for a long time who is not unknown to the film and has played in more roles than púðluhunds. She starred in Oliver Twist, The Wizard of Oz and most recently in the Promised Land at the National Theatre last year. She is not sure Theatre is chosen in the future , but the dream is to be able to go abroad to study .

"There 's something about the stage and the theater itself. There is a special theater aroma in the air that I love, atmosphere is exciting and you get to know wonderful people. "

Melkorka realizes that now she will be a model for young kids of all ages and is well prepared to take the responsibility.

"Runar Frey asked me if I have some inappropriate pictures of me on Facebook, but he don't have to worry. I checked the other day and it's still safe, " says Melkorka laughing , full of confidence for the coming times.

She does not worry about not being able to combine school and play next season in LazyTown.

" When it's get busy for you it's just better to organizing yourself and I thrive so. Summer goes most to the preparations for the play and I can not wait. This will be a fun adventure. "
    Click image for larger version  Name:	V2-705109977.jpg Views:	1 Size:	98.1 KB ID:	148575

[video]
    Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Nice choose!

Comment

She stole Bailee Madison's goofy smile.

Comment

Time to Get a New Stephanie?

Awww I was really hoping that Unnur would come back... oh well. The new girls seems nice, though it's always best to see them in the wig.

On a side note, Runar Freyr Gislason, the director, is the guy that played Pixel in Glanni Glaepur i Latabae, Jol i Latabae, and I'm pretty sure he continues the role in the Icelandic dub through at least season 1.

Comment

She seems nice. How odd though to upload a video with bells in the background, you'd have thought they could've waited a few minutes!
          Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
          Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

Originally posted by Glanni's Girl View Post
            She seems nice. How odd though to upload a video with bells in the background, you'd have thought they could've waited a few minutes!
            what you hear in the background is the church of Stephanie ;)...regarding her look I can't believe she's a native btw...seems her father comes from abroad...unfortunately I couldn't find a picture of him
            Gallery

Comment

The big question now is will the Steph wig accept her or deny her :)
              http://eighteenlightyearsago.ytmnd.com/

Comment

Originally posted by boredjedi View Post
                The big question now is will the Steph wig accept her or deny her :)
                I'd say it fits her quite well, definitely better then Unnur. And it's another proof of my theory, that Stephanie wig looks good only on chicks with southern-middle east roots, well, like Julianna, as she is Italian by her fathers line. Before I thought that it is facial symmetry that makes Juli so perfect, now I beleive that it's her heritage tree. And a facial symmetry, yeah, but more like a huge bonus.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	32434.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	191.5 KB
ID:	148683
                The dress is too long.
                A poster for casting. Probably first time all three of them are on the same picture, at least officially.

Name:	169904.jpg
Size:	135.2 KB
ID:	148684

Comment

Originally posted by Slown View Post
                  And it's another proof of my theory, that Stephanie wig looks good only on chicks with southern-middle east roots...
                  Sounds a lot like chuft's theory. Southeastern european ancestry, golden ratio, etc. Not sure this girl is cute enough to be Steph. Attractive sure, but in a modeling or acne cream kinda way.

Comment

Good luck to her I say.

The only Steph that has made me suspend belief and think that hair can naturally be pink is JRM. Even with the eyebrows I never thought "what a clunky wig", I have with everyone else, probably just a first impressions imprinting thing.
                    Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
                    Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

Originally posted by SportaKandy View Post
                      Sounds a lot like chuft's theory. Southeastern european ancestry, golden ratio, etc.
                      So, I am not the smartest one, eh? Oh well.
                      Someone needs to pass this theory to those responsible for casting, that the next actress should be half-mexican, or something.

Comment

Thought I might as well share some more of my...ummm..research on those Vice Stephanies (official ones only).
                        Only two of them realy grabbed my attention, , and my southern-facial theory was build on them.
                        Antonía:

Name:	Ant.jpg
Size:	2.18 MB
ID:	148685
                        Icelandic girl with Spanish background, danced in Lazytown love shows, but not much, had "greatest time of my life" (her quote) while filming in LT Extra. Apparently, this experience triggered her creative side, as she started picturing everything that moves with her dslr, even become sorta famous for that, as people started to recognise her on the street, calling by name and all that stuff. Probably it is not too hard to get known in the country with population of a small European town.Later she managed to turn her hobby into a small-time profit. Now she is all grown up, pursuing career of makeup stylist and photographer. Working in for some magazine, but I'm not sure if it's full-time or freelance. Has a cat and a younger brother. Likes heavy and alternative music.

Jasmín

Name:	Jas.jpg
Size:	1.89 MB
ID:	148686
                        Another Icelandic stelpa with probable Persian (Iran) roots. Probable, because not everyone likes to talk to cWeepy stWangers, and I assume i am pretty ...well, both. So you have to look for bits and pieces by yourself. Her business with LT was short, but quite spectacular, she went to auditions by herself, managed to get all the way up to the finals (unlike Antonía, who got the job because she knew someone, who knows someone), but Unnur took all the glory, probably due to her age, as being on stage is not the same as being on filming set, where everything is under control. Yet she still got quite a part in a 2010 concert, mostly dancing, but also got to sing "Wake Up!" song. I'd say she would be perfect for the live Icelandic Stephanie now, but looks like she did not audition again, or maybe she did not want to compete with Melkorka, because they are friends. Anyway, she got exiting life on her own, like modeling, dancing (she is a hardcore ballerina), filming in commercials and just short movies, singing in church choir, although it doesn't look like she is a believer, just exersicing ner vioce, you know, nothing personal. She is, or al least was a belieber, though...if you know what that means. Not too criminal when you are 12-14 years old, but maybe she has outgrown that now. I mean, I liked Britney Spears when I was a teen. Yeah, hard to beleive now.

Ok, enough, I think. If you were entertaned - thanks! If you were like "WTF did I just read?", still thanks for your time!

Comment

I don't make theories, just go with my gut. Anyway this is the girl I would cast:

Comment

Originally posted by SportaKandy View Post
                            I don't make theories, just go with my gut. Anyway this is the girl I would cast:
                            she looks turkish
                            Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Slown View Post
                              Has a pet brother and a younger cat.
                              Iceland sure is strange.

Originally posted by Buzz View Post
                              she looks turkish
                              american, jewish/polish ancestry

Comment

Working...