Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Magnus' Edda Awards 2006 Segment (With Translation)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magnus' Edda Awards 2006 Segment (With Translation)

This is just his segment, but if you want me to upload the whole show just ask cos if you look closely you can see Magnus and Ragnheidur

Credit to nv821 (from youtube) for sending me the translation

ANNOUNCER:
    Dear guests, please welcome the President Of Iceland ?lafur Ragnar Gr?msson.

PRESIDENT:
    Good evening, I think in a famous movie Elisabeth Taylor once said "there is nothing as powerful as a man with an idea".

The honorary awards tonight will be awarded to such a man. An entrepreneur, director, producer, actor, discipliner, trainer, a thinker but above all a genious...which now molds life and enjoyment for millions of people around the world.

An artist which has shown us and the nation that an idea that is born in Iceland can be accepted on the world stage.

He has built the most technically advanced studio of it's type in the world, bringing with him people which has won some of the most famous awards in the movie industry to focus their energy on this Icelandic project. And maybe even beaten Hollywood in professionalism and technical skills.

He created characters, unforgetable to us all and people around the world. Funny and charismatic which now has fans around the world. No Icelandic film project has gotten this much circulation. The viewers are in each week counted in tens of millions and probably even hundreds of millions.

Yes, he is like no other. He has given us an adventure, but also a new believe what can be achieved with creativeness alone. Of course it's like that, he has chosen himself to be the "elf" in this adventure.

It is a profound pleasure to announce tonight that the Honorary awards of the Icelandic Film Academy goes to none other than the Entrepreneur and genious Magnus Scheving."

**APPLAUSE**

Let's look at a few clips from the history of Lazy Town.

VIDEO:
    In 1995 Magnus published the best seller book entitled "Afram Latibaer" (Go Lazy Town). In a short space of time, Lazy Town's popularity grown among the Icelandic youth. Magnus followed upon that popularity with more books, theater shows with record selling attendance and other shows and entertainments over the whole country.

The idea of Lazy Town developed quickly and grew over time. In 2003 the nation watched as a contract was signed with the US TV station Nickelodeon for 40 TV shows of Lazy Town.

Today Lazy Town is shown in 104 countries over the world and are very popular, for example in the UK and South America.

The shows are created in over 5000 square meters studio in Gar?ab?r.

The studio is one of the most technologically advanced in the world, as it's unique in the world that the whole production is done at the same place.

About 150 international group of people work on the show. The show and it's creators have won numerous nominations and awards both here and abroad, for example was Julianna Rose Mauriello nominated for the Emmy awards earlier this year for her work on the show as "Stephanie". The show was also nominated short while ago for the English BAFTA awards as the best international children's program.

**APPLAUSE**

MAGNUS SCHEVING:
    Yeah......thank you very much for that, thanks. Mister President and Academy and Colleagues which are here!

Uhm, my wife should really be beside me here, but she is so gorgeous that I would look bad. Ragnheidur (her name) is here, she does not want to come on stage, but Ragnheidur this statue (awards) is yours.

Then I would like to talk about all the people behind the scenes. There are so many people which I have gotten to know behind the scenes which nobody mentions. For example people sowing costumes over nights. Set designers or assistance which are under the snow capturing objects when you throw them away. There are carpenter which work day and night so that everything looks great. There are secretaries and there are the people who find kindergarten places for children of the staff of over 40 foreigners which are here. And so on.

There are so many people which are behind a project like this that it would take hours to mention them all. But if I should mention anyone in particular then it would be Tomas Torvaldsson lawyer..

**APPLAUSE**

Most of you know who he is. I came to T?mas when I only had a little idea but great hops. T?mas listened to me and the most important to me was to keep the franchise of this idea. And he helped me to keep the franchise so I wouldn't lose it...and he did it for free. I only had a hope and to spend his time on a kid. Even when he was very busy. It is very interesting and commendable.

Tomas! Thank you very much!

And it has been a good year for us. We have gotten Emmy nomination, Bafta nomination which will be awarded next week and we are very excited about what will happen there. Also we received the Emil awards in Germany and are very proud of it.

But what I heard here before that Iceland is going to produce more TV Programs for Iceland, I think we can do much better than that because we (Iceland Film Community) get the money from the government. Thanks for that. But with enough capital, Iceland will be World Class because the staff that has come to Iceland from abroad say they have never seen Employees like us. We are badly organized (laugh)...but immensely productive. I believe that if Iceland get to do their own films on their terms and if we have enough capital then we will be World Class.

Now is the opportunity, the capital is coming. Ask for it, remember an idea is all you need and a little will and hundreds and hundred of hours of work and finally staff who is ready to work with you and invest their time and effort on your idea. That is what I got, I thank you very much for that. Thanks!

Thanks a bunch! It's wonderful to hear Magnus talk about his show. Hmm, it would be nice if someone could download the video and subtitle it with the translations.
    sigpic

Comment

Yeah, that was pretty cool.

I thought his last name was pronounced Skee-ving? Oh well.

Comment

I thought it was pronounced "sheving".
        sigpic

Comment

I've heard 'Yeving' in other interviews, but I think Magnus himself says "sheving" in the NickJr. videos.

Comment

Oh, snap! Thanks a lot! mizz_pink, could I get permission to use this to sub the video? Both of ya'll will be credited, of course. Also, would you and nv821 be interested in joining a fansub group I'm trying to put together for LazyTown related videos? There are a few members already, but I kind of wanted it to be a community kind of thing.

Comment

Sweet, now I know what he said. :)

Comment

i remember hearing (during an interview with magnus) how he pronounced stefan's name.

it was "Stev (short vowel 'e') On"

It's neat to hear how certain names are pronounced :)

Comment

Originally posted by nindanjoe
                  Oh, snap! Thanks a lot! mizz_pink, could I get permission to use this to sub the video? Both of ya'll will be credited, of course.
                  Yeah go ahead

Also, would you and nv821 be interested in joining a fansub group I'm trying to put together for LazyTown related videos? There are a few members already, but I kind of wanted it to be a community kind of thing.[/quote]

I'd be interested but you'll have to ask nv821 cos I dont know him he just sent me the translation

Comment

Awesome! Thanks, mizz_pink! I"ll be posting a topic eventually listing everything and I'll send nv821 a message too.

Comment

EDDA 2006 (Magnús Segment) - I need editing help!

Here's the topic mizz_pink posted: ---

What I need help with is rewording a few sentences while keeping the meaning and making it easy to read. I'm not exactly good with making sentences sound good, so I need help! I may also need grammar help. Anything in [brackets] are my edits or notes. Here are the sentences I need help with rewording (I'll post more later because I'm still working on it):

1) And maybe even beaten Hollywood in professionalism and technical skills.

2) Of course it's like that, he has chosen himself to be the "elf" in this adventure.

3) The shows [episodes] are created in over 5000 square meters studio in Garðabær.

Comment

Re: Magnus' Edda Awards 2006 Segment (With Translation)

How can I download the video?,because I don´t see the file

Comment

Re: Magnus' Edda Awards 2006 Segment (With Translation)

Alright, here's the Edda 2006 segment of the show with subtitles:

[ATTACH]n185272[/ATTACH]

The size is about 72MB. Quite large! It's also a .avi for anyone that doesn't know. :)

Comment

Working...
                          X