Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ITT we discuss Chemmy's singing abilities

http://lazygod.ytmnd.com/

Also, I will be founding the First Church of LazyTown.

In order to join you must own all the sacred DVDs.

You must make a pilgrimage to Iceland if you want to get into heaven.

Re: ITT we discuss Chemmy's singing abilities

Just what this planet needs, another religion.
    http://eighteenlightyearsago.ytmnd.com/

Comment

LoL, it's all smoke and mirrors. Don't believe everything you hear.

Comment

yay!

Comment

That is abso****inglutely brilliant.
          You really do have a fantastic voice.

Great sound quality, too.
          What did you use to record it?

Comment

Originally posted by Ultra Magnus
            Well, I was using Audacity (which I HATE) with this crazy (and painful!) $100 microphone headset thing lazytown4 sent me but he did all the mixing and producing. I just blew some wind into the mic.

Many...many...many...many...MANY TIMES!!! LoL. It took a lot of takes 'cause the mic was rather temperamental.

Comment

Originally posted by ChemKneazle
              Well, I was using Audacity (which I HATE) with this crazy (and painful!) $100 microphone headset thing lazytown4 sent me... I just blew some wind into the mic.
              But you did so faptastically.

So, what's the story behind this then?
              i.e. - How did you come to work together, whose idea was it, who chose the song and how did it get to the point where people were sending you $100 headsets?
              Enquiring minds want to know.

Also, what's wrong with Audacity?
              Granted, I've never used it to record, but as a sound editor I quite like it.

Comment

Audacity is win.

Comment

[quote=Ultra Magnus]
                  Originally posted by "Ultra Magnus":fd960
                  Well, I was using Audacity (which I HATE) with this crazy (and painful!) $100 microphone headset thing lazytown4 sent me... I just blew some wind into the mic.

i.e. - How did you come to work together, whose idea was it, who chose the song and how did it get to the point where people were sending you $100 headsets?

Granted, I've never used it to record, but as a sound editor I quite like it.[/quote:fd960]

lmao it started with lazytown4 yelling in his car into a mic for the lawls

It was really a teamspeak project, without teamspeak, it wouldn't of happened

Comment

Originally posted by Zafa
                    lmao it started with lazytown4 yelling in his car into a mic for the lawls

It was really a teamspeak project, without teamspeak, it wouldn't of happened
                    Yeah, I assumed it happened through TeamSpeak, but that doesn't really answer my question.

Comment

Church of Stephanie. That's Funny, because ...

I did that last week.
                      Screenshot of the file info as proof, which silly me originally uploaded with my Windows username, which is my real given name, unobscured.

Comment

Oh dear.

Comment

Granted, I've never used it to record, but as a sound editor I quite like it.
                          Well, let's see...

I met lazytown4 in TS when cicley and Zafa invited him in one night. The four of us became, like, Internet BFF's and Alex started showing us his stuff just for the lulz, like this part of the "What if God was One of Us" song that he had recorded, very quickly, of him just singing that chorus that's in the song. We forgot about it until like a week later when he asked if we could start helping him think of some lyrics for the rest of the song. I started brainstorming out of boredom and came up with the first verse. He liked it and told me to do the 2nd one as well. I did it (it had a LOT of different versions, like "If Steph wore more lace..." and stuff). Then he actually sang the whole thing with the instrumental version of the song that NINDANJOE THE GREAT found for us, all in his car, lol, for acoustics which is another funny story. Then as a joke, I wanted to add in the end part (which we actually never got to) that went "Nobody callin' on the phone, 'cept for maybe ol' Sam Jackson (remember the Sam Jackson/Steph on Phone ytmnd?) So I added that part in and sent it to him (I still have those recordings somewhere if someone wants to hear, lol). I recorded that on my crappy mic.

He heard it and jokingly said he wanted me to sing the ytmnd version except my mic sucks and he said he'd send me one of his good $100 ones. (Of course, I have to send it back eventually.) So he did and that's where those pics of me holding the box (now dildo ) came from - when I got it in the mail. We worked for about 3 weeks perfecting the song and cicley, Alex, and Zafa all worked on the gif until we eventually just figured it couldn't be perfected any more. We were all a little burnt out, I think, by the end - everybody had heard about 300 versions of the song, gone through zillions of pics, searched endlessly for the perfect fonts...etc. But I think we're all pretty happy with the end result. :)

And as far as Audacity, it's just...I haven't worked with any sound programs before so I'm just like "meh" with it. It's probably just fine and it's probably just my fault that i haven't taken the time to totally figure it out. I was kind of rushed when I was recording the song.

Did that answer your questions?

Comment

Did that answer your questions?
                            Just about, yeah.

It could've really done with a few explosions and maybe a love scene, though.

Comment

My av FTW.

Comment

Working...
                              X