Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stefan Karl Nicksplat Interview (4-4-2006)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stefan Karl Nicksplat Interview (4-4-2006)

The Stefan Karl Topic

Nicksplat Interview (4-4-2006)

Source: http://www.nicksplat.com/Whatsup/200604/04000159.html

Exclusive Interview with Stefan Karl (Robbie Rotten of LazyTown)
    April 4th, 2006

1. What is the essence of the character of Robbie Rotten? How are you different from him in real life? How are you the same?
    His essence is, of course, that he is extremely lazy. I, on the other hand, am pretty active person and find it difficult to be lazy. Our similarities are maybe that, like Robbie, I like teasing people and to play pranks on my friends.

2. You look like you are having a lot of fun being Robbie Rotten. Can you tell us what is the best part about being Robbie?
    It is great fun being Robbie Rotten. The villain is always the best part because they have more fun.

3. Which one of Robbie Rotten's disguises do you like best?
    Miss Roberta!!!

4. Is that really your chin?
    No, I wear a prosthetic chin and forehead. It takes up to two hours to apply the prosthetics and I usually fall asleep during the procedure.

5. Do viewers recognise you on the streets?
    No, that very seldom happens .

6. How did you get the role of Robbie Rotten?
    I played Robbie Rotten on the stage in Iceland and performed as Robbie in Iceland for a long time. When Magnus offered me to do the TV series I was thrilled to be a part of that whole adventure.

7. Tell us about a most embarrassing moment you've had on the LazyTown set, please?
    Embarrassing moments...hm.. Can't remember any but it was quite funny when I lost Robbie's teeth out of my mouth during shooting and everybody had to go look for them.

8. What's it like acting to a green screen and with puppets?
    It was a new experience altogether. But like with everything else when you get used to it and get comfortable with it and it is easy and fun. The puppeteers are great people and I really like working with them.

9. Is the hairy sofa really as comfortable as it looks?
    Yes...it is very comfy.

10. Is there a "Sportacus" in you that conflicts with the Robbie you are playing? How do you deal with it?
    No, even though I am an active guy, I am not into sports at all. I'm afraid of sports!

11. What are the other loves of your life besides acting?
    My family and my two little girls.

12. What was your ambition as a kid? Did you see yourself as being an actor/comedian?
    I wanted to be an actor all my live and starting working in an amateur theatre as a kid. There was never a doubt in my mind. I consider my self a comedian and an actor.

13. What were your best and worst subjects when you were in school? Why?
    I liked Mathematics and didn't like learning Danish at all. I liked numbers for some reasons but languages at that point in time did not make any sense to me.

14. How does LazyTown set itself apart from the other pre-schooler programs?
    Firstly it looks very different. The music is also more hip and upbeat that in other kids' shows. I think that LazyTown is a show that people will like more and more.

15. The show looks funky, jumpy, groovy-licious and 100% pure fun. Is the production process like that too?
    Like with all work you have good days and bad days. This production has been great fun and we all work as a big family.

16. What would you say to kids who want to be actors/comedians?
    Everything is possible if you put your heart to it. Let nobody tell you otherwise. Also remember that: "dying is easy but comedy is hard"! (Edmund Kean). You rule!!! All the best to you all!!!

Re: Nicksplat Interview with Stefán Karl (4-4-2006)

Robbie teeth? wtf?

Comment

7. Tell us about a most embarrassing moment you've had on the LazyTown set, please?
      Embarrassing moments...hm.. Can't remember any but it was quite funny when I lost Robbie's teeth out of my mouth during shooting and everybody had to go look for them.
      LOL! That is pretty funny.

Comment

Lemme see ya gold shine, lemme see ya gold shine. hahaha

That's awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by notoriousmdc
          Originally posted by ooozmin
          Robbie teeth? wtf?
          Robbie Rotten's got a gold tooth!

Lemme see ya grill, or something.
          Oh my... he always gets me hot and bothered... *swoons*

Comment

Working...
          X