No announcement yet.

Town map (warning: lots of text inside)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Town map (warning: lots of text inside)

I've spent the past week searching Lazytown episodes for good views of the entire town or parts thereof. I've combined what I found into a map of the town:

It's not gong to be 100% accurate until we get a high-res view of the town straight from above. There have been a few nice shots though, such as the one with Robbie falling down from the airship in 'Sportacus who?', Sportacus looking through his telescope in 'prince Stingy', and those sequences of the airship almost crashing into town, like in 'dr Rottenstein'.

Notes:

There is some variation between shots of the town. The most obvious is, in alter epsidodes, the addition of the theater(8), the moving of building 12 and the changed design or replacing of building 13. Some of the other buildings(filler houses) got moved around as well.

Also, the set pieces don't always fit into the map of the town. Sometimes they place walls and benches or even roads that simply aren't there on the distant shots. In one epsiode(I forgot which, but I'll look and post a screen), there are a bunch of walls in front of the town hall, that are standing on the road, whereas the only walls there border on the grass of the park.

Because of such inconsistencies I had to make some decisions, and the order(that is, when two sources on the list disagree I use the top-most one) I used is:
    - Far away shots from the later episodes(Note the far shot in the song and title screen didn't get updated with the theater and stuff)
    - Far away shots from the earlier epsiodes
    - CG used for backgrounds
    - Sets

I have been unable to place some key locations on this map due to a lack of buildings in the background of the shots featuring these locations, and their absence on the far shots. Advice on this would be appreciated:
    - The castle where Stingy was locked in in 'Prince Stingy'
    - The vegetable spot from Dr Rottenstein(among other episodes) where they sing 'good stuff'
    - the treehouse
    - the clubhouse
    - Lazy park from 'haunted castle'
    - the leaning castle from 'haunted castle'. It's not the same location as Stingy's palace. The haunted castle is on a grassy hill, Stingy's palace was on a road.

The lack of background buildings makes me think that these locations aren't even in town at all. Perhaps if you absolutely want them on the map they would have to be placed at a spot we never see during the far shots, or we can just call it a continuity error(which it is). The tree- and clubhouse can not be on the two patches of grass in the west end of the park, because there are some shots of those patches that show there is only grass there, and a tree(with no treehouse).

On the subject of where north is: It's not important of course, and the only source i have found for it is the episode 'rottenbeard', in which both Robbie's map and the real pirate map show a compass rose. They don't agree on where north is, but I thought a real treasure map would be more reliable than Robbie's forgery, so I used that. But I just added it for kicks, really.

Building specific notes:

11: Shops:
    This is a street with 8 buildings in it. It's never mentioned what these buildings are but from the signs on them I assume they include:
    - a bakery(there's a big pretzel sign on the front)
    - a fast-food joint (hamburger and fries signs). This has two entrances so I'm counting it as two buildings.
    - a toy store(a sign with a triangle, circle, and square on it)

There's also a building with a big ice cream cone, one with a soda bottle, one with what looks like a planet on top(if I had to guess I'd say this is a diner), and a small building with no signs at all, which I guess is just a house.

12: This is a building with a curved yellow roof and big windows. There's a large soccer ball that hangs on a corner of the roof. So I guess this is an indoor gym.

13: In the earlier episodes this was clearly a supermarket or vegetable store. The massive sign can't be missed. However it was later replaced by a building with a different-coloured roof and no sign, and I haven't seen a clear enough shot of it since. Maybe it still serves the same purpose, but it's impossible to tell. Perhaps the vegetable store went out of business because everyone just picks fruit from trees and they have their own vegetable crop :p

14: This pink house next door to the Mayor's stands out from the other random background buildings, so it seems it's special, but AFAIK we have never heard who lives there. It could be Trixie, but that's no more than a wild guess because she's the only character left.

15: Who lives here? They must be pretty rich to own the largest piece of land in Lazytown, on a hill with a big fence around it.

Here's a detail of the park:

Notes:

The soccer goal and basketball hoop move around a lot it seems, but this is where they are most of the time, from what I've seen. The playground with the ice cream stand I couldnt find any really clear pictures of so I can't make out what kind of stuff is there. I would assume the pirate stuff from the beginning of 'Rottenbeard' was here, and perhaps the club house too, but there doesn't seem to be any room for the tree house as well.

-Phew-
    If you spot any errors or have any suggestions I'd be glad to hear them.

EDIT: Gif sucks, replaced with JPG.

Woah thats really cool :) Very nice work, i would imagined the time put into this

Comment

Woah, cool! oO

What a great work! *applaud*

Comment

Stingy lives on the #15 house

Did you draw the map too? If so, great job! It's amazing stuff! By the way, are you going to add Jive's house? It's that really tall and skinny one that you can see alot in the Sports Day episode (usually in the shots where Sportacus is running).

Hey, does anyone else think that LazyTown would be an awesome CS map? Haha.
        sigpic

Comment

Are you sure? Cause house #6 has a pig's snout on it(you can see it in the title song when Stephanie first appears).

I've said before that someone should make a UT2K4 map. And add weapons like squirt guns and balloon swords.

Comment

Originally posted by moomoo
            Are you sure? Cause house #6 has a pig's snout on it(you can see it in the title song when Stephanie first appears).

I've said before that someone should make a UT2K4 map. And add weapons like squirt guns and balloon swords.
            #6 is the bank, I'm pretty sure. Plus, when Stingy sings the Mine Song, the house on the is hill is pictured in it -- So I guess it's his house. He's supposed to have alot of money, right? It makes sense that he owns the biggest part of land in LazyTown, I guess
            sigpic

Comment

Oh, I can see that making sense. I hand't even thought of that(edit: that building being a bank I mean).

Also: Watching the 'it's mine' song, Stingy goes 'north, south, east and west' and the background changes to various areas of the town. North shows the town hall, south shows the gym and supermarket, and west shows Bessie's and Pixel's houses. So that would mean the compas rose I used is roughly 90 degrees off. Only with east it shows the house on the hill(it probably is Stingy's, yeah), even though it should be south if the other three are correct.

I think I'll update the map with Stingy's house and the bank labeled correctly, and I'm just gonna assume that building with the soccer ball is indeed a gym. Should I assume Stingy's song is 75% correct in where North? Or is the pirate map more reliable?

Comment

Originally posted by EdisLeado
                YES!! Just imagine - the hostages are in the town hall and Robbie's hideout. Sniper points in the treehouse. Awesome.

Nice map, by the way. Good to see the town from such a perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by Vespasian
                  Originally posted by EdisLeado
                  YES!! Just imagine - the hostages are in the town hall and Robbie's hideout. Sniper points in the treehouse. Awesome.

Nice map, by the way. Good to see the town from such a perspective.
                  haha agreed!

Comment

Very nice job.

Comment

Originally posted by notoriousmdc
                      I acquiesce. You are officially the most dedicated fan here. lol
                      My friends say I'm obsessed and they fear for my mental health. That's really not the case though, I only started watching again about two weeks ago. Before that I had a long period where I didn't think about lazytown much at all. And before was another obsession spike. Give it one or two weeks and I'll have found something else to dedicate all my time to.

Thanks for the compliments everyone though, and the corrections.

Comment

Cool, nice job :)

Comment

I just watched some episodes again and in "Remote Control" at the end you can see the pig nose house over Pixel's left shoulder and the house is labeled "Bank". So that's really the bank. ;)

Just the proof for that.

Comment

Yup, you're right. Thanks.

Comment

Here's a large picture of some of the houses:
                              http://web.archive.org/web/200512241259 ... oto146.JPG
                              I don't know if you've already seen that and used it to make your sig. banner.

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo146.JPG
Views:	195
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	182699

Comment

Working...
                              X