Ripping Music from Video?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ripping Music from Video?

can anybody tell me how to rip music from a video, downlaoded south park and it's got a song that i would but i have no idea how to rip it.

any ideas?

I do it the hard way and record just the sounds from my PC when I'm playing the videos.

It's difficult and I am always lucky to get it right, so I can't really explain it... <.<"

I'm using SilentBo for that if you wanna try to find out how it works yourself. ^^

Comment

Originally posted by CJVercetti
      The program Audacity is win. Try it out. Change the "Microphone" setting to either "Phone" or "Stereo Mixer" and you should be able to hit record and just play the video and capture the sound. Search SourceForge for it.
      Does doing that record whatever the computer is doing? If it does that would be pure win.

Comment

so far it aint working for me rarr

anyone have a step by step on exactly how to do it

Comment

Try VirtualDubMod or something and pull the audio stream out from there.

Comment

(thanks to CJ for his explanation of ripping audio from video with Audacity-i'm copying it here for everyone's convenience)

Basically, you need to go to the Microphone dropdown menu and select the 'Phone' or 'Stereo Mixer' option, depending on your sound card. Here is a screenshot of where you need to click.

Then, open the video, play, and the sound should record. (I'm unable to do this on my computer because my sound card is too old and doesn't have that option, but there you go.)

Comment

i tried that and it didnt wotk so rah

ill have to have a play around with stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Zokita
                (thanks to CJ for his explanation of ripping audio from video with Audacity-i'm copying it here for everyone's convenience)

Basically, you need to go to the Microphone dropdown menu and select the 'Phone' or 'Stereo Mixer' option, depending on your sound card. Here is a screenshot of where you need to click.

Then, open the video, play, and the sound should record. (I'm unable to do this on my computer because my sound card is too old and doesn't have that option, but there you go.)
                Ah! Things in different places! Oh, wait I found it - works like a charm. Brilliant.

Comment

If you have win xp there is a way to do it without Audacity (but it's not as good...). Double click on the speaker icon in the systray (bottom right of screen). Here click options -> properties -> where it says "Adjust volume for" select recording. Now make sure Stereo mix is selected. Hit ok, now where the slider says stereo mix make sure there is some volume and the checkbox "Select" is ticked. Now run Sound Recorder, the fastest way is to press windows key + r, then type sndrec32, hit enter again. Now press the big red circle then play whatever you want to record.

Comment

I got audio from a video file by just opening it in Goldwave. Used it to get the beeping sound from Lost

Comment

I agree with Xizer, you can use VirtualDubMod to get the exact quality of the audio. However that depends on the video/audio of your download. I'm guessing you downloaded the episode from a torrent so it must be XviD/MP3, VDubMod will work swell there. Since I'm new and old, this next part might seem rude; re-encoding the audio will make it lose quality. It's almost like converting a JPG to a GIF. Well, if you need help with the VDub method, I'll make a little step-by-step guide for it.

Comment

Total Video Converter. Easiest program to use, and you can convert basically any video/music file/image file into another file type, and you can easily select a section of the file to convert. There are serials around online for full activation. It even has support to convert to iPod mp4 and PSP mp4.

Comment

I completely forgot, if you are going to do stuff to the audio, then you don't have to worry too much about the exact audio quality since you're already messing with it.

Comment

Virtual dub is great, but you don't have to go through all that trouble to get the audio.
                            There is a free program named sound capture that works perfectly and is extremely easy to use.

http://www.download.com/3000-2168-10117490.html

All you do is turn on record while any audio is playing and sound capture records it from your sound card. Then it automatically saves the audio as an mp3 to it's predetermined folder, which you can open through the program.

Here's some audio recorded with it from a youtube video. http://boomp3.com/m/179670e30571

Comment

holy crap, thanks cicley

that worked a treat w00t

i owe ya big time lol

the otherstuff either i wasnt doing it right or comps crap lol

i now have the best song ever lol

Comment

Working...
                              X