Official Politics Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Politics Thread

I'm not Liberal and I still think Bush sucks...
    Ron Paul 4 2008 kthxbi

Originally posted by CmdrLuke
    I'm not Liberal and I still think Bush sucks...
    Ron Paul 4 2008 kthxbi
    Are you ****ing serious? Ron Paul? You think that nutjob is an improvement over Bush?

p.s. voted greatest president as comedy option

Comment

As long as we don't get Hillary Clinton in office... Anyone who believes violent video games makes everyone kill things, shouldn't be in office lol

Comment

Originally posted by CJVercetti
        Originally posted by Zafa
        As long as we don't get Hillary Clinton in office... Anyone who believes violent video games makes everyone kill things, shouldn't be in office lol
        VOAT FOR FRED THOMPSON!

Fred Thompson.

Leadership. Honesty. He was on Law and Order for Christ's sake.

Paid for by CJVercetti for Fred Thompson campaign.
        I just read the guys wiki on his views. I liked his view on abortion and how it should be up to the states decision. Since I live in a state with the motto Live free or die. We like to make are own choices from seat belts to helmets. It didn't give to much info on his side with gay marriage, which is fine with me, cause I really don't care if gays get married or not. Doesn't have anything to do with me. Gun control isn't that big of a deal in NH, cause it's not as popular as other states to own a gun, so it's fine that he likes right to bear arms.

As for the war, he is right about saying in all wars theres mistakes, but he didn't really give a plan to what he wanted to do in Iraq, just that he wanted to stay there. So I would like to hear his plan if he has one.

lol most political post I've made

Comment

VOAT FOR FRED THOMPSON!
          You see kids, this is why we don't listen to Mr. Spam-Troll, here. Not only does he think the PS3 is the best gaming system and is worth $600, he apparently hasn't learned from the Bush Administration that the Republicans just flat out suck ass.

Zafa, I guess you didn't read up on him well enough. You certainly won't like this. This asshat is no better than the Ku Klux Klan members. Only this time, it's dem faggots, not them gawd damn niggers!

* Voted no on expanding hate crimes to include sexual orientation.
          * Voted yes on the federal Defense of Marriage Act.
          * Voted no on a federal bill that would have prohibited employment discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation.

Hey, let's let people refuse employment to people because they're GAY! Because this worked so well with black people.

Oh lovely, another global warming denier. "Hey guyz, this shit has happened on other planetz!! Let's keep raping Earth. Who gives a shit about people who have to live in this shit 50, 100 years from now?"

This nutjob also seems convinced that separating church and state isn't a good idea.

What a charming, talented, and tolerant man. Having this guy in power would certainly make the world a better and more peaceful place.

Sarcasm aside, I'm glad this guy has zero-chance of electability. Really, with the bad taste the Bush Administration has left in everyones' mouths, the Democrats have this election in the bag if they play their cards right. It's better than the nutjobs the Republicans are pumping out.

That said,
          Barack Obama FTW!
          (Bill Richardson is cool too)

Comment

You're an idiot Xizer. I hope you die a fiery death and go to hell like all democrats will.

"Hai guyz, I'm Xizer. I disagree with someone, so I put down their opinion like a ****tard with no idea about anything"

GTFO faggot. GTFO and die.
            What a charming and well informed response to my examination, point-by-point, of why I dislike Mr. Thompson. This, my friends, is an example of the kind of fine people who the Republican Party seem to attract, apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by Xizer
              You're an idiot Xizer. I hope you die a fiery death and go to hell like all democrats will.

"Hai guyz, I'm Xizer. I disagree with someone, so I put down their opinion like a ****tard with no idea about anything"

GTFO faggot. GTFO and die.
              What a charming and well informed response to my examination, point-by-point, of why I dislike Mr. Thompson. This, my friends, is an example of the kind of fine people who the Republican Party seem to attract, apparently.
              No you're just a ****ing moron.
              GTFO
              I find it disturbing that your posts account for over 10% of this message boards' total. Take a break.

Comment

Originally posted by Xizer
                VOAT FOR FRED THOMPSON!
                You see kids, this is why we don't listen to Mr. Spam-Troll, here. Not only does he think the PS3 is the best gaming system and is worth $600, he apparently hasn't learned from the Bush Administration that the Republicans just flat out suck ass.

Zafa, I guess you didn't read up on him well enough. You certainly won't like this. This asshat is no better than the Ku Klux Klan members. Only this time, it's dem faggots, not them gawd damn niggers!

* Voted no on expanding hate crimes to include sexual orientation.
                * Voted yes on the federal Defense of Marriage Act.
                * Voted no on a federal bill that would have prohibited employment discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation.

Hey, let's let people refuse employment to people because they're GAY! Because this worked so well with black people.

Oh lovely, another global warming denier. "Hey guyz, this shit has happened on other planetz!! Let's keep raping Earth. Who gives a shit about people who have to live in this shit 50, 100 years from now?"

This nutjob also seems convinced that separating church and state isn't a good idea.

What a charming, talented, and tolerant man. Having this guy in power would certainly make the world a better and more peaceful place.

Sarcasm aside, I'm glad this guy has zero-chance of electability. Really, with the bad taste the Bush Administration has left in everyones' mouths, the Democrats have this election in the bag if they play their cards right. It's better than the nutjobs the Republicans are pumping out.

That said,
                Barack Obama FTW!
                (Bill Richardson is cool too)

Ya, I just glanced at it, it didn't say anything about Global warming, well it said a little. lol people in there Global Warming

Anyone know a site with all the presidental runner's views? And you can compare and stuff?

Comment

...For once, I agree with Xizer.

I'm looking for a candidate that supports gay rights (rules out most of the Republicans), and while I like the strict constitutionalist ideas Ron Paul puts forth, he takes them a bit too far. Hilary Clinton thinks violent video games are a major cause of real violence and wants to restrict them, so that rules her out.

I think I'll be hopping on the Obama bandwagon, personally.

Comment

For every candidate, there is a Wikipedia article that lists their political positions. They are all well-sourced.

Just type in their name and it will pull up the candidate's article. In the table of contents on each article, there should be a section called "political positions" and what not.

Comment

Originally posted by Zokita
                      ...For once, I agree with Xizer.

I'm looking for a candidate that supports gay rights (rules out most of the Republicans), and while I like the strict constitutionalist ideas Ron Paul puts forth, he takes them a bit too far. Hilary Clinton thinks violent video games are a major cause of real violence and wants to restrict them, so that rules her out.

I think I'll be hopping on the Obama bandwagon, personally.
                      I think that it should be up to each state if they allow gay marriage, because different parts of America are much different than others. So if you got a democrat part of the country and you say no gay marriage, they will be mad. And if you tell a republican part of the country that there is going to be gay marriage, that will piss off each other. Now if you let the gay marriage happen in the parts that are more democrat and not so much in the republican side, more people win. If I don't make any sense, then just tell me, I won't hate you lulz

I don't really care about gay marriage, it doesn't bother me if gay people get married, but also doesn't bother me if they don't get married lulz

Comment

I see what you're saying, Zafa, but I disagree. If certain states allow anti-gay discrimination and abuse to continue, it will only divide the nation further. Gay rights need to be recognized nationwide.

I had to do a neutral, informative report on gay marriage for a school project last spring, and I had to research the reasoning for the other side's arguments. Writing it in a way that my strong bias wouldn't show through was hard. But I learned a few valuable things, for example, the most common protests I found against gay marriage (with my biased-as-hell counterarguments) were:

"It's against my religion!"
                        Well, Catholics are forbidden to eat meat on Fridays during Lent. Does this mean we have to pass a law stating that no one can ever eat meat on Fridays during Lent, or else we'll offend the Catholics? NO! We have a little something called freedom of religion.
                        (Also note that marriage is not strictly a religious institution. Religious marriage is strictly a ceremony, the real marriage that counts is the government-issued certificate that grants you the tax breaks and other legal rights as a couple)

"They'll destroy the value and specialness of heterosexual marriage!"

They're not hurting you. No, really. The same argument was used against inter-racial marriage before that was legalized, and marriage hasn't been irreparably destroyed since then. In fact, straight marriage is getting worse, with 50% now ending in divorce...

"They can't have babies, and marriage is about having babies!"

Alright, so let's pass a law stating that infertile couples can't get married! Wait, what's that you say? That would be unfair discrimination because the couple can't control their genes or who they fall in love with? Oh, okay...
                        Also the world is over-populated anyway. Why not try adoption? There are millions of abandoned kids in that hellhole of a system who need good homes.

(These arguments aren't directed at anyone here, just my observations)

I'll agree to disagree for now, because the issue won't be resolved quickly or easily. But I hope civil rights are expanded in the future.

Comment

I've decided to make this the official politics thread.

Spam it or troll it and be punished.

Comment

Originally posted by Zokita
                            I see what you're saying, Zafa, but I disagree. If certain states allow anti-gay discrimination and abuse to continue, it will only divide the nation further. Gay rights need to be recognized nationwide.

I had to do a neutral, informative report on gay marriage for a school project last spring, and I had to research the reasoning for the other side's arguments. Writing it in a way that my strong bias wouldn't show through was hard. But I learned a few valuable things, for example, the most common protests I found against gay marriage (with my biased-as-hell counterarguments) were:

Well, Catholics are forbidden to eat meat on Fridays during Lent. Does this mean we have to pass a law stating that no one can ever eat meat on Fridays during Lent, or else we'll offend the Catholics? NO! We have a little something called freedom of religion.
                            (Also note that marriage is not strictly a religious institution. Religious marriage is strictly a ceremony, the real marriage that counts is the government-issued certificate that grants you the tax breaks and other legal rights as a couple)

"They'll destroy the value and specialness of heterosexual marriage!"

They're not hurting you. No, really. The same argument was used against inter-racial marriage before that was legalized, and marriage hasn't been irreparably destroyed since then. In fact, straight marriage is getting worse, with 50% now ending in divorce...

Alright, so let's pass a law stating that infertile couples can't get married! Wait, what's that you say? That would be unfair discrimination because the couple can't control their genes or who they fall in love with? Oh, okay...
                            Also the world is over-populated anyway. Why not try adoption? There are millions of abandoned kids in that hellhole of a system who need good homes.

(These arguments aren't directed at anyone here, just my observations)

I'll agree to disagree for now, because the issue won't be resolved quickly or easily. But I hope civil rights are expanded in the future.
                            I guess I never thought about the dividing the nation apart

"Well, Catholics are forbidden to eat meat on Fridays during Lent. Does this mean we have to pass a law stating that no one can ever eat meat on Fridays during Lent, or else we'll offend the Catholics?"

That's also a very good point Zokita

This is why I don't say my opinion about politics much, because I always change my mind when someone brings up a good point

Comment

wow, i'd really like to tear everyone apart here but like matt already pointed out, im not american so im going to use some self control here and just take a step back and watch =)

congratulations to safa for voicing some opinions finally and i like his candidate....OH WHAT THE HELL

The list xizer gave is exactly the reasons I love reblicans in the first place. They don't pussy-foot around mundane political issues like gay marriage and global warming to gain the peoples vote and instead get the job done. Sorry zokita, if it seems I'm bullying you but my blood is boiling >=P

Originally posted by zokita
                              First of all, you can't compare eating meat on the wrong day to a major reform of religious practice. You start to sound like those atheists that whine about talking snakes and rib WOmen.

Zokita, its the governmental butchering of religious marriage which has caused this fault, and yes it does intrude heavily on religious practice. There are many ways to get around the "tax breaks and other legal rights" that don't even involve marriage. Freedom of religion is not freedom to butcher religion.

The same argument was used against inter-racial marriage before that was legalized, and marriage hasn't been irreparably destroyed since then.
                              Originally posted by zafa
                              I guess I never thought about the dividing the nation apart
                              You CANNOT compare racial segregation to homo/heterosexual segregation. For instance, you can tell the colour of a persons skin simply by looking at them but wouldnt know any self-respecting homosexual unless you got to know them more personally. Also, racial segregation still exists today regardless of how tolerant people are of eachother these days and multiple laws put in place.

Marriage IS in its most simple form about setting up a stable envirnment for raising children or atleast promoting fertility. Sure not every couple can have children but why use one small minority as basis to give an unneeded and unwanted law to another minority? Seen the movie Children of Men? yeah, the world isn't like that, we are still breeding.

Also you seem to have a habit of comparing the lake of homosexual rights with additional laws of prevention to the mojority, which shows clearly your bias. Bare in mind that homosexuals have basically used marriage laws as a selfish way to gain acceptance for their lifestyle choice. Its acts like this which give NAMBLA hope

Also the world is over-populated anyway. Why not try adoption?
                              Wait, wasn't that the solution to further justify gay marriage?

I didn't wanna do it, they made me do it =( ok im gonna go calm down now.

PS. tldr

Comment

Working...
                              X