• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guest actors - who plays the following characters? Rottenella, Lazy Genie

Does anyone know who plays the following characters:

Rottenella (Dancing Duel)
    The Genie (Lazy Genie).

I do know that Little Sportacus is played by David Kristjan Olafsson although apparently the voice is that of Thordis Elva Thorvaldsdottir

Re: Guest actors

Originally posted by Earl Purple
    Does anyone know who plays the following characters:
    I do know that Little Sportacus is played by David Kristjan Olafsson although apparently the voice is that of Thordis Elva Thorvaldsdottir
    I read that his sister (who plays rottenella and does julianna's stunts) speaks Little Sportacus

Comment

Little Sportacus is voiced by a girl?

Comment

Rottenella is played by Kristjana Sæunn Ólafsdóttir
        (from this topic: https://forums.lazytown.eu/forum/beh...s-stunt-double)

And the Genie is played by Örn Árnason
        (from this here topic: https://forums.lazytown.eu/forum/beh...azy-genie-dude)

:)

Originally posted by Tictac
        Little Sportacus is voiced by a girl?
        To add on to mizz_pink's post, it's because he actor couldn't speak English so well, so his sister did the voice. :)

Comment

Have you guys seen that little video clip with Stephanie in her ultra zipup hoddie with her hat, and she is like "We're stretching!". I wonder where they got those kids from...couldn't be random cause there a black kid in the back...are there black people in Iceland? Except for Pixel of course. Also the vidclip I'm talking about is on jewtube, so somebody find it and LINK cause I'm LAZY

Comment

^I think I have the DVD with that clip on it, so I'll take a look when I get access to a DVD player.

I don't know about the racial demographics of Iceland, but there are other Americans working in the LT studio. Maybe it was one of their kids.

Comment

That's what I was thinking, it's so funny how those other kids are really around 8 years old but Steph fit's in with them so much...so cute :oops:

Comment

Here's one of them from the US DVD: --

mizz_pink said the Family Fitness stuff Magnús did is done at his house. Iceland seems to have Middle Eastern people too. What is Örn Árnason's nationality? He seems to have an Icelandic name.

I think I'm going to look up the demographics.

Comment

Originally posted by nindanjoe
                  Here's one of them from the US DVD: --

mizz_pink said the Family Fitness stuff Magnús did is done at his house. Iceland seems to have Middle Eastern people too. What is Örn Árnason's nationality? He seems to have an Icelandic name.

I think I'm going to look up the demographics.
                  Ah great! From what I found from searching is that Iceland is like 98% white people and like 1% Philippine or something like that and then 1% other. But that was old and from an unreliable source, so it's most likely WR0nG1!

Comment

Originally posted by nindanjoe
                    What is Örn Árnason's nationality? He seems to have an Icelandic name.
                    That reminds me, I always wondered about Magnus's last name. Scheving? I thought Icelandic names end in -son for guys? Or else Magnus dropped his real last name, like how Stefan is more commonly referred to as Stefan Karl, and not Stefan Karl Stefansson. But Magnus has kept it more quiet?

Comment

Originally posted by DSK
                      That reminds me, I always wondered about Magnus's last name. Scheving? I thought Icelandic names end in -son for guys? Or else Magnus dropped his real last name, like how Stefan is more commonly referred to as Stefan Karl, and not Stefan Karl Stefansson. But Magnus has kept it more quiet?
                      According to the Lonely Planet guide for Iceland, about 10% of Icelanders have family names, rather than using the usual format of adding -son or -dottir to their father's name. But they're not allowed to take their spouse's name (like we do) when they get married, in order to try and homogenise the original system. There seem to be quite a lot of Schevings in Iceland.

And because Icelandic surnames only tell you the name of the person's father, they don't tend to use them much, and just use their first names, even to strangers, which I guess is why Stefan doesn't use his much.

So there you go.

I'm always confused as to how he pronounces it - if you watch the Nick Jr videos he pronounces it as Sh but other Icelanders seem to pronounce it with a hard C - "Shkeving".

Comment

Working...
                      X