Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reason for Watching LazyTown?

Why LT appeals to Teens/Adults

Here's my reasons why the series appeals so much to teens/adults.

- Colorful characters...you just can't not notice pink hair girl and a blue guy flipping all over the place, and the crazy slapstick of Robbie Rotten.

- Once you realize its Icelandic and there's refences to Elves, the North Sea, and little sprinkles of the stageplays in it...it gives so much more depth..which I find awesome.

- There's alot of steampunk-ness to the series. Blimps, underground industrial lairs with steam, robbies clothing, stingys, and since steam punks so much more popular these days....it works.

- Upbeat rave-esque music.

- Sportacus is just hilarious doing the most ridiculous stunts for mundane things, like making the bed...or making a sandwhich. I mean...Who speeds through the sky in a futuristic gliderplane just to write the ABCs in the clouds? or bungee jumps from an airship for an apple. too funny!!

I'm sure you guys can think of some more. :)

Re: Why LT appeals to Teens/Adults

Totally agree, especially with your fifth point. That was my first memory of LZT, seeing "this guy" bouncing around all over the place and waiting for him to walk somewhere, which he never did of course ;)
    Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
    Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

Reason for Watching LazyTown

In another subject on this board, Rowan made a point that I hadn't considered before, so let's have at it:
      What is the main reason you watch the antics that occur in this crazy suburb? :)

Comment

Re: Reason for Watching LazyTown

Basically because of its awesomeness.

Comment

Haha, I sort of had my doubts for a moment but so far the poll is agreeing with my feeling that most people came and stayed for Stephanie. Not that I think that's bad at all.

But yeah, I'm into it for basically everything. All the characters, the music, the style, the positive messages. It's all great.

Comment

*wink*

l i t t l e s t e p h e r s

Comment

I agree with Rowan and I add I love the mystery around Sportacus, I know not so many people think about it, but I do. I am strange, I know XD

And sometimes I think the Series like... When Sportacus will have a girlfriend? Or... I like when Sportacus looks sad, angry, weak, clumsy, I don't know... I like when he doesn't look the perfect guy, because he is a Superhero not a robot, so... And as I said I like the mysteru behind Sportacus (it will be revealed in the Movie, apparently). And Trizie and Stingy as couple, and Stephanie and Ziggy or Pixel. I don't know... Sometimes my adult mind appears XD

Comment

Originally posted by beticaforever
                I agree with Rowan and I add I love the mystery around Sportacus, I know not so many people think about it, but I do. I am strange, I know XD

And sometimes I think the Series like... When Sportacus will have a girlfriend? Or... I like when Sportacus looks sad, angry, weak, clumsy, I don't know... I like when he doesn't look the perfect guy, because he is a Superhero not a robot, so... And as I said I like the mysteru behind Sportacus (it will be revealed in the Movie, apparently). And Trizie and Stingy as couple, and Stephanie and Ziggy or Pixel. I don't know... Sometimes my adult mind appears XD
                I think about a lot of this too, it's very interesting. Especially those human aspects of Sportacus... I always loved that despite being a "superhero" (well, a slightly-above-average hero), almost everything he does is possible for a normal person if they train hard enough. It's very inspiring. Plus, he's just a great character.

And yeah, the mystery behind his origins... It would be cool if they addressed that a bit in future. I love a good story so I often think about it, or what might happen to the kids in the future... stuff like that.

Comment

Interesting--Stephanie's tied with overall awesomeness. :) (I voted for Robbie.) ;)
                  Thanks folks, and please keep voting. :)

Comment

Sportacus is the main reason I started watching Lazy Town.

Comment

Well....I Think Everyone Knows Why I Like This Show, Even Though They Changed Them

Comment

The way I was introduced to LazyTown was through this video
                        [youtube]d7mG5pQ-s2U[/youtube]

I was looking at Toybox vids on YT and it came up in the related section. My first thoughts were, '"What the **** am I watching?" Nevertheless, it was different and caught my attention; the colors were bright and the look was strange. I was directed from that video to the Time to Dance video, and that was it. I was in from there. Before I even started really watching the show, the songs were what I payed most attention to. I started to watch the show from torrented rips and enjoyed it. The comedy is clever, the characters are well made and hilarious, it doesn't talk down to its audience and again, the colors and look of the whole show is different.

Then I started to learn more about the show and that opened up a whole new chapter. LazyTown has such a rich history and I love to learn how everything evolved into what it is today, from the characters, to the stories, to the music.

While all of that his happening, the community has such a nifty remix culture as well.

And that's why I voted that the whole show is awesome. The whole franchise is awesome. Even though I give some of you a hard time every once in awhile, you are awesome too and contribute to my liking of LazyTown just as much as the show itself does.

Comment

Before I even started really watching the show, the songs were what I payed most attention to.
                          ACK! The songs! I forgot the songs! That was a big draw for a lot of people! (bangs head on table)

Guess its two late to edit the poll now....

Comment

Offcourse the whole show is awesome, some parts are more interesting than other parts of the show.

This is not about "why you started watching it in the first place" or "how you got introduced to LazyTown" otherwise the option I would choose was not there and would be pretty difficult too. It was more like a cascade for me ;)
                            Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Same for me, it all started up when I find this video first... and then I was curious to hear the original and then discover Lazytown and get addict..........'till season 3!

[youtube]Y7pSRfATX24[/youtube]

Comment

Working...
                              X