• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best game in the Best of Microsoft Entertainment Pack

Spoiler alert!

It's Chip's Challenge

Not a poll because it won't let me put all the games in

Chip's Challenge - a puzzle game where you needed to collect all the chips on each level.
    Dr. Black Jack - a blackjack game tutor
    FreeCell - a solitaire card game that is now bundled with Windows
    Golf - the traditional solitaire variant
    JezzBall - a game of reflexes in which the player had to trap bouncing balls in small boxes
    Pipe Dream - in which the player needed to build a system of interconnected pipes of a certain length
    Rodent's Revenge - in which a mouse needs to trap cats by pushing boxes
    SkiFree - a fairly simplistic skiing game
    Taipei - a version of Mahjong solitaire
    TetraVex - a puzzle game of arranging tiles
    Tetris - the classic game of falling blocks
    TriPeaks - a gambling solitaire card game
    Tut's Tomb - another solitaire card game

I agree, Chip's Challenge = Win.

Comment

Out of my top 3.............
      Number one probably ski free, 2nd golf and 3rd rodents revenge...

Comment

Originally posted by ooozmin
        Is it even possible to win Ski Free? That stupid monster eats me, every time. :|

Comment

What are all these shitty ass new games

Rodent's Revenge and SkiFree ftw

Comment

Originally posted by CmdrLuke
            Originally posted by ooozmin
            Is it even possible to win Ski Free? That stupid monster eats me, every time. :|
            I have yet to read up on that game and find out for myself, I'm pretty sure you cant "beat" the game.

Comment

Wow I haven't played Rodent's Revenge in over 10 years. Somebody upload that shit.

Comment

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!
                I downloaded it and the game was fun for 3 minutes.

Comment

Chip's Challenge was easily one of the best computer games ever. For almost as long as I've had a website, I've had a link to this page on it:
                  http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Du ... index.html

It's a site dedicated to CC.

Back in the day when I was a kid and played this game a *lot* I even had a song I made about Chip, I can't remember it now though :o(

I don't know if anyone else's version did this, but the one I had could use not just chip01.mid and chip02.mid, but any other midis for background music in the game, so mine also used to play canyon.mid, which was really awesome.

My other favorites from that pack were Jezzball, Tetravex, SkiFree, and Pipe Dream.

Comment

I remember playing a few of these games when I was a young 'un. Boy, did I try my best to avoid that Abomidable Snow Monster. I couldn't do a few of the puzzle games back then, I didn't have the smarts to complete them back then. :)

Comment

Fuji Golf (or w/e its called) ftw

Comment

y'all need to ditch this shit and get playing some nanaca crash

bet nobody can beat my record of 19000 odd distance

Comment

I vaguely remember most of those games, but most of them I haven't played in ages besides Freecell and Tetris (well, clones of Tetris). Chip's Challenge, OTOH, I had a copy of until a few years ago when the floppy disk it was on died, and then recently re-acquired (in reaction to this thread).
                          There's also a clone called Tile World that seems to play identically as long as you don't want to navigate by mouse, and has (IMO) better graphics. You can download it with a level set created by Chips fans as an extension to the original program, but you can't get the original levels (at least not from them), you need to copy them over from a real copy of CC.

edit: I fail at BBcode. I tried to make the link with HTML, and then didn't think to preview.

Comment

I found out aboutthe SKIFREE snowmonster, it just chases you until it catches you. So there is not really any way to win.

Comment

Originally posted by CmdrLuke
                              I found out aboutthe SKIFREE snowmonster, it just chases you until it catches you. So there is not really any way to win.
                              Hm, that what I thought...or else the game would be endless.

BTW did you know you can actually ski up from the beginning...try it!

Comment

Working...
                              X