About Stephanie's Parents...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About Stephanie's Parents...

I think the biggest flaw of LazyTown is that the writers just casually forgot about the fact that Stephanie had parents and that she was just visiting LazyTown for the summer.

In the very first episode, it's made clear that she's just visiting for the summer.

So how come she stayed for literally the rest of her life? Did her parents abandon her or something?

Re: About Stephanie's Parents...

It seems like it's the rest of her life, but in the first season you see only 34 days of that year. Imagine she spend most of the days in summertime, say 3 week. Then the other 13 days are in other holidays like around Christmas. The rest of the 330 days she is probably at home with her parents. That's my thought :)
    Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Doesn't Stephanie go to school in LazyTown too?

Comment

Originally posted by Estellea View Post
        Yes yes she does.

Comment

"School Scam" and "Time To Learn" has examples of this.

Comment

Strange, if she's just visiting LazyTown temporarily, I wonder why she would need to go to school there too.

Comment

Strange, if she's just visiting LazyTown temporarily, I wonder why she would need to go to school there too.
              For me it's most likely how and when Stephanie spent her time in LazyTown. It was just a thought. If you think otherwise, that she stayed the whole year long, that's your right and imagination. There is no proof what is right and what is wrong so you can imagine what you like. Maybe that's the fun of it :)
              Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

You could also imagine that school classes that we see are just summer classes or something like that.
                It could make sense, and would explain why she and the other kids doesn't go to school every day.

Comment

I personally like to think that she liked it so much in Lazy Town that she decided to move there.

But I mean, Lazy Town is quite a magical place so whatever explanation you come up with is probably a good one

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Stanford Meanswell.PNG
Views:	3
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	150670
                    This is what her father could look like.

Comment

I liek to think that her parents sent her to spen the summer with her uncle,but it went from jsut the sumemr ot full time becuase I liek to thnik that her mother is not doing so well ehalth wise and her father)Whom i picture to be something simillar n apperance to magnus sans mustche) cant take care of her becuase hes sick as ell due to his horrid eatng habbits, I like to think his hori eating habbits s waht rove steph to follo sortacus so willingly,thaat and he reminds her of her fahter i le tot hink there relate(sportacus s secretly other uncle whoe been idden out of the fmily due to his being number10)

Comment

I remember member Stingy asked David Matthew Feldman (the Mayor) if he'd made up a backstory for Stephanie, and he said he had, but he didn't want to share it. To which I was like, I would have used David's answer in my LT fanfictions, but now I have to come up with something myself, and it'll probably be a heck of a lot darker than it actually was!

My headcanons so far;
                        I've heard that Stephanie's surname is Meanswell, so her parents; Solana (sounds like Solla, and she looks a lot like the Afram Latibaer version) and Ross (sounds like the French word rose, meaning pink, or the Spanish rosa) probably didn't get married and Stephanie took her mother's name. Perhaps Ross never knew about her, I haven't worked out all the details yet. I thought it would be a nice break from stereotypes if Stephanie got her pink hair from her dad. (who was called Candyfloss Head as a child)

Darkness-wise, I would like Stephanie to live in LazyTown in my fanfiction universe, so she's available whenever I need her. The plan so far is, Stephanie originally comes to LazyTown from Busy City while her single mother is undergoing treatment for breast cancer. (Which is symbolised with a pink ribbon. I'm a jerk, I know.) Stephanie probably goes back home after a time, probably at the end of the summer, but I think I'm going to kill her mother with cancer, and she entrusts Stephanie's care to her brother, the Mayor (DMF did say he reckoned the Mayor was her mother's brother) in her will.

Comment

For me, I think that she liked it so much she decided to stay, or her parents thought it would be good for her there or there could be an issue why she can’t return home

Comment

Originally posted by PKMNMasterClara View Post

"School Scam" and "Time To Learn" has examples of this.
                            Same w/ Remote Control
                            MY ACTION MOVIE REVIEW BLOG | MY SPORTACUS FAN-SITE

Comment

Working...
                            X