Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you help me sync GoPro and garageband outputs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you help me sync GoPro and garageband outputs?

I want to use GoPro for video recording, and sync it with the music I am recording through garageband. The sound quality of GoPro is not so good. Has anyone done that before?

Re: Can you help me sync GoPro and garageband outputs?

Normally when syncing audio from a camera and a secondary recording source, you initiate the shooting with a loud "BANG" to help align in post production.
    That's how the clapperboard became popular.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	movie-clapper-board-222.png
Views:	1
Size:	149.7 KB
ID:	150608

If you're low on budget, or don't want to be carrying a full-size movie prop with you at all times, a simple (but loud) clap with your hands, in most cases will suffice.
    I'm as sneaky as can be. None's sneakier than me.

Comment

Re: Can you help me sync GoPro and garageband outputs?

I suggest to extract the audio from the GoPro recording. Sync the Garageband-audio with the (extracted) GoPro-audio using an audio editor (any editor will do). After that switch the GoPro-audio for the Garageband-audio in a video editor. When converting or remuxing the video/audio you don't have to worry about out-of-sync, unless the original was.
      Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Working...
      X