X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LazyTown News - LazyTown On Network TV NBC Kids

LazyTown On Network TV

Originally posted by Amanda Kondolojy
    UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif. – March 28, 2012 -- NBC will launch NBC Kids, a new Saturday morning programming block designed specifically to address the developmental needs of preschool-aged children, premiering on Saturday, July 7. Programmed by the kids experts at Sprout, the nation's first 24-hour preschool television channel, this new three-hour block will feature educational series that promote active, healthy lifestyles for younger children.

NBC Kids will include the U.S. broadcast premieres of quality, preschool series “The Wiggles," Sprout’s “Noodle & Doodle,” Jim Henson's “Pajanimals,” “Poppy Cat," “Justin Time,” as well as the popular “LazyTown,” designed to encourage healthy eating and exercise.

The announcement was made jointly by Robert Greenblatt, Chairman of NBC Entertainment, and Sandy Wax, President of Sprout.

“NBC is proud to partner with Sprout in providing progressive new programming that will entertain and encourage children to achieve more positive life choices,” said Greenblatt. “This is an ideal blend of entertaining shows that also offer promising benefits to the development of children on many levels.”

“Producing this new block for NBC will extend the reach of quality preschool programming beyond Sprout’s cable, VOD and digital platforms affording millions of families the opportunity to watch quality preschool series that promote active, healthy lifestyles,” said Wax.

NBC Entertainment develops and schedules programming for the network’s primetime, late-night, and daytime schedules. NBC’s quality programs and balanced lineup have earned the network critical acclaim, numerous awards, and ratings success. NBC has earned more Emmy Awards than any network in television history.

NBC’s roster of popular scripted series includes such critically acclaimed and Emmy Award-winning comedies as "The Office" and "30 Rock," the latter starring Alec Baldwin and Tina Fey. NBC’s drama slate includes the veteran, award-winning series “Law & Order: Special Victims Unit” and the popular first-year musical “Smash.” Unscripted series for NBC include the vocal competition hit “The Voice” as well as "The Biggest Loser," "The Celebrity Apprentice" and "America's Got Talent." NBC's late-night story is highlighted by "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno," "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon," "Last Call with Carson Daly" and "Saturday Night Live." NBC Daytime's "Days Of Our Lives" consistently ranks among daytime’s top programs in the valuable women 18-34 category.

The five-time, Emmy Award-winning NBC.com streams full episodes and provides original content for NBC entertainment shows online and through apps for mobile and tablet devices.
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/0 ... -7/126475/

Re: LazyNews

Originally posted by Stingy
    July 7th!!!
    - Marked on calendar

Comment

Sounds like you can expect one HD LazyTown episode from NBC each week. I wonder what the logo will be like. I'd rather a NBC logo instead of the Sprout logo. Usually the NBC logo is relatively small and transparent down to the bottom left corner.

With our luck they'll probably slap a bunch of crap on the screen and give it its own, special full colored huge logo.

Comment

http://www.windowsphone.com/es-ES/apps/ ... b88d268b7f

Comment

According to this article the series will also be airing on TBS. http://www.c21media.net/archives/81174 Hell, I didn't even KNOW they had a kids block O_o I just watch that channel for Family Guy or Home Improvement. LOL

3 U.S. stations will be airing lazytown...2 major networks......im good with that

Comment

Originally posted by merlin55
            According to this article the series will also be airing on TBS. http://www.c21media.net/archives/81174 Hell, I didn't even KNOW they had a kids block O_o I just watch that channel for Family Guy or Home Improvement. LOL
            I think you misinterpreted that, TBS now owns LazyTown, but the channel TBS will probably not be airing.

Comment

It is unlikely the third season of LazyTown will be airing in the U.S. any time soon.

It is TBS's European branch focusing on this franchise right now. Turner owns no suitable U.S. network for it. I do not think they would want to license it to a third party company like Sprout right away either. Reruns of the first two seasons are going to be it for America for the foreseeable future.

The situation is made all the more annoying by the fact that Turner's European kids' channels are standard definition only. Looks like we will have another long wait before we're able to get ahold of the new seasons of LazyTown in a proper high definition format.

Comment

Well that's something I didn't know. Oh brother.
                http://eighteenlightyearsago.ytmnd.com/

Comment

Hi guys I have news from LazyTown people. I asked about LazyTown's YouTube Channel and Blog/Website of Magnús:

"We're going to work on the LazyTown YouTube channel soon so you should be seeing some new content there."

And about the Blog/Website, they are working on it, but they are busy at the moment with the new series.

Comment

Working...
                  X