Why the Season 4 CD is never coming out... Some proper research

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why the Season 4 CD is never coming out... Some proper research

It was 2013, when the ABC (the Australian one) got rights to air Season 3. They had previously aired Season 1 in 2007 and Season 2 in 2009 (both thankfully undubbed from the original US English), so it was no expectation they were going to air that.
    But they also got local rights to the music from the show, making a Season 3 CD possible (since Union Square had brought out Gut a few years prior and didn't want to convert it to a USM "sublabel"). The ABC also issued a modified version of "The New Album" and a reissue of "Welcome To LazyTown" (the Australian version of The Album (with the UK Cooking By The Book intact)), hinting it was going strong.
    Season 4 was fast-tracked in 2014, but sadly no new CD came out of the ABC (the name would've been one of the songs, "Having A Great Time", "Friends" and "Go Explore" are likely candidates) A few LT songs had appeared on a "Best Of ABC Kids" CD in 2015, but they were from Season 1. The ABC stopped airing the show in 2017, so it looks like it'll NEVER be released.

And 2017 was the time when LT had found a new fanbase thanks to the WANO memes and the like. At the time, the ABC were showing it around 12pm-2pm at best, so it was pretty clear they were going to axe it after 10 years of broadcasting it. And LazyTown Live (who used WANO in their 2016 run, and of course it went viral due to someone recording a show from that run) had went defunct around this point.

Re: Why the Season 4 CD is never coming out... Some proper research

Originally posted by Cutiejea
    Cooking by the book is UK dub in the OST.
    I'm pretty sure that was a cuck-up. The ABC were supplied the US English version of LazyTown back in the day, and they were also on the DVDs.

Comment

Turner just doesn't care about LazyTown anymore and is just keeping everything to themselves

Comment

Originally posted by Cutiejea
        More like “deleting every source material in existence”
        If they were doing that then they are a worse company then I thought.

Comment

It's a shame! I've always wanted a release for the season 4 songs. I have even contacted Mani about this and he doesn't have copies either and legally can't put them out there even if he had them.

Comment

Re: Season 4 CD

I've contacted Mani and unfortunately, he doesn't have copies of the S4 songs. He would otherwise release CD versions if he was allowed to as he really wants the songs out there.

Comment

Re: Season 4 CD

Because I haven't posted it yet, here's my simple analysis on why the CD is never come out, being an Australian.

Comment

It’s a shame, I really wish there were CDs for the later seasons

Comment

I don't see the other CD's being offered anyplace.

Comment

If I had a choice, I would release literally every LazyTown music video on DVD (including Latibaer) as a 5 dis release + 6 CD discs with every song (incluidng Latador and Go Step Go)
                    MY ACTION MOVIE REVIEW BLOG | MY SPORTACUS FAN-SITE

Comment

I agree with the OP. If they had released the Season 4 CD around the time the memes began in 2017 with the We Are Number One song on it, sales would probably be quite good. On the other hand sales could also be disappointing. You just never know. We can't blame ABC. ABC had seen the sales figures of the last CD (season 3) and did not take the risk to release a follow-up CD, and when the memes grew ABC already abandoned LazyTown. Turner/Warner should have intervened here.
                      Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by LazyPooky View Post
                        Turner/Warner should have intervened here.
                        Turner literally does not give a crap about LazyTown. They're not even focusing on entertaining viewers, just being the average adult and focusing on the moneh.

Comment

I'm not in the business but it seems like a bad business decision. The majority of the investment would be in the production of the show, and getting songs out of it is kind of a bonus that you can release on CD. Or less complicated still, you can release them digitally on a litany of platforms. Turner has had what... 7 years to do something that seems low effort and I can't explain why they haven't for any reason other than apathy. I think it screws Mani too because a substantial amount of his contract included royalties from music sales. I obviously don't know the intricacies of that contract but it could very well be that he was functionally robbed.

Comment

Originally posted by Stingy View Post
                            Turner has had what... 7 years to do something that seems low effort
                            11 years, actually.

Comment

Working...
                            X