Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Method of Getting Clean Vocals and Season 4 Instrumentals (maybe)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Method of Getting Clean Vocals and Season 4 Instrumentals (maybe)

Gee, I haven't been here in a loong time.
    So much has changed...
    Anyway, I've recently discovered a way to get clean vocals of season 1-3 songs and possibly Season 4 Instrumentals by using a simple(?) method.
    Season 1-3 Vocals
    Step 1: You need to download Audacity. It's an easy, free audio editing tool.
    Step 2: Get both the instrumental of your song and the original song, then drag and drop both songs into Audacity.
    Step 3: Perfectly sync the instrumental and the original song. This is a VERY tedious task, but if you do it right, you can move on to the next step.
    Step 4: Select either the instrumental track or the original song. Click "Effect" then "Invert" which, if they're synced up correctly, will cancel out the instrumental and give you clean vocals.
    There is 1 minor setback, with some songs, the instrumental won't exactly match the one in the original song, like with Fun to Be the Mayor, so you're left with some background instruments being there. Sometimes it's not much of a problem, but it can be REALLY bad if the instrumental isn't right.
    Season 4 Instrumentals
    Basically, do the same method as before, but instead of inverting the instrumental that you DO NOT have, invert the 5.1 stereo vocals. This may or may not work for a specific reason. The 5.1 vocals have a little itty bitty bit of background noise, which could mess the WHOLE thing up.
    Thanks for reading, pals!

Re: Method of Getting Clean Vocals and Season 4 Instrumentals (maybe)

That's the right technique! It should work if the vocal-version uses the exact same instrumental file. As you already noticed, that is not always the case with the LazyTown songs unfortunately. If you want good results, some season 2 en 3 songs are a good choice for making an acapella or 'clean vocals'.
    Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by LazyPooky View Post
      That's the right technique! It should work if the vocal-version uses the exact same instrumental file. As you already noticed, that is not always the case with the LazyTown songs unfortunately. If you want good results, some season 2 en 3 songs are a good choice for making an acapella or 'clean vocals'.
      I have been trying so long to get Cooking by the Book and Round and Round vocals, it's killing me.

Comment

Originally posted by LazyPooky View Post
        Yeah, Always A Way just doesn't work at all from my experience, and for a lot of S1/S2 songs because of all of the synths they don't cancel out, leaving them in. You could probably (if we got acapellas) phase invert those with the ones phase inverted from CD to isolate some synths but idk.

Comment

Working...
        X