Radio Play LazyTown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio Play LazyTown

While searching for stuff about the CBeebies 'Reach for the Stars' live UK show, which had LazyTown characters as well as other shows' casts and one of Robbie Rotten's most successful plans ever (he kidnapped Sportacus, Stephanie, and almost everyone else and was only foiled by the audience and the 2 guys he hadn't caught yet) I discovered something interesting about the guy that played Robbie. He was in something called Radio LazyTown!

"In 2007, Scott took on the role of the clumsy comedy villain that kids love to hate, ‘Robbie Rotten’ in the hugely successful UK number 1 theatre tour ‘Lazy Town Live’. This led to him being requested to play Robbie on several CBeebies radio shows, and later recording 42 episodes of ‘Radio Lazy Town’ for the BBC and Latiibaer EHF, directed by Diana Hinshelwood. A year or so later Scott reprised the part again for the BBC as a lead role in the hugely popular arena tour ‘CBeebies Reach for the Stars’."

Does anyone have any information on this radio show? The only thing I can find that might be related to it is this, and even then I'm not sure. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRePGC25MrU

Radio Play LazyTown

Utvarp Latibaer is not related, but a whole different concept and from a completely different time period of LZT.

Comment

Radio Play LazyTown

I figured as much but had to make sure. I wonder what Radio LazyTown is, then! Have any posters from the UK heard it or heard of it?

Comment

Radio Play LazyTown

Hm, I never heard about this before.

Kidnapping both Sportacus and Stephanie was only easy, because it was live. I think it might had happened in Ævintýri í Latabæ too, based on the teasers for it, but since we STILL don't have the play recorded, and it may never be recorded :(, it's unknown.

Comment

Radio Play LazyTown

Originally posted by lalalei2001 View Post
          ..CBeebies radio shows, and later recording 42 episodes of ‘Radio Lazy Town’ for the BBC and Latiibaer EHF, directed by Diana Hinshelwood. A year or so later Scott reprised the part again for the BBC as a lead role in the hugely popular arena tour ‘CBeebies Reach for the Stars’."

Does anyone have any information on this radio show? The only thing I can find that might be related to it is this, and even then I'm not sure. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRePGC25MrU

source: http://newsite.scottjoseph.co.uk/?page_id=50
          I don't know if they called it Radio LazyTown but this was actually a 10 minute Radio Play on BBC radio. It was set up exactly like the original TV show episodes (Sportacus intro, Robbie outro, sound effects, an original LazyTown song) but shorter and the stories were sort of based on the first and second season.
          Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Radio Play LazyTown

I found a little more info about it from Diana Hinshelwood's LinkedIn. "My first commission on leaving the BBC was to produce, direct and write 42 episodes of Radio Lazytown for Cbeebies Radio." So now we know it ran on CBeebies Radio! That might help us find some clips.

EDIT: I found a forum thread about it that used to have a clip, but it was deleted. :( It's still a neat read though! http://www.getlazy.net/forums/showth...na-Hinshelwood

Comment

Radio Play LazyTown

Ah yes, I remember that was a 3 minute preview.

Click image for larger version

Name:	index2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	8.5 KB
ID:	150457

I have to ask permission if the full Radio Play episodes can be released.
              Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Working...
              X