No announcement yet.

LazyTown Live News: Show Looking For Star of It's Stage Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's pretty cool. Will there be one for the US in the future? Was the one in Buenos Aires testing the market?

There might be a reason why Magnús won't be doing the stage show, in an interview somewhere he said he was getting older and it takes longer for him to warm-up than it used to. I need to find that article.

Comment

[quote=Ultra Magnus]
      Originally posted by "Jim Tindell":6f5b5
      I'd go anyway, even if it wasn't her. I think it'd be hilarious.
      I'm tempted, but I'd probably spend the whole show thinking "You're not my Stephy. I want my Stephy."[/quote:6f5b5]
      I dunno, I'd say there's a fair chance that Julianna will actually be the Stephanie. Since she's done tours in the past.
      Unless it says somewhere specifically that she won't be there.

Comment

People over there are sooooo lucky. I'd go to a live show if there was one here in a heart beat. I'd go by myself if I had to, but I think I have one friend who'd go with me. I'd be less tempted to go if it wasn't Julianna, but my eyes are kinda bad, so I might go anyway, and just pretend it's her lol.

I really hope they do a US tour sooner or later. All this talk about Magnus and Juli leaves me to wonder if Stefan would be in the live show.

Comment

The last time Julianna and Magnus were promoting a live show here in the UK, it turned out it wasn't even them. I heard about it a week previous and was planning on going but didnt in the end cause it was too far to travel. Then a few days later the real Julianna was in london and I didn't get any heads up for that. I find it hard to know exactly when these things will happen but I'd definetly go to this show if Julianna will be there and especially if its in london, 20 minutes train journey.

Comment

maybe steph will be peanut?

Comment

Nah Peanut's not doing anymore stuff with Lazytown.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Tindell
                Nah Peanut's not doing anymore stuff with Lazytown.
                Really? I quite liked Peanut.

I didn't expect it to be her on this tour, though.

Comment

Peanut's cool but from what she told me, she didn't renew her contract with Lazytown.

Comment

OMG - I so want to go and see this ! Is it excessive to fly to the other end of the world to see a kid's stage show ?

The burning question is who will play Robbie ? That would make or break the show as far as I'm concerned.

And what about the puppets ?

Lazytown is perfect 'Panto' material. That's my theory why it seems so much more popular in the UK than in the US, the UK has a strong history of pantomime, and I don't think American kids have been exposed to that, so they don't 'get it'. Whaddya reckon ?

BTW - who is 'Peanut ?' Do tell ;)

Comment

She played Stephanie at some live shows

Comment

Originally posted by Tobias
                        She played Stephanie at some live shows
                        Video of the last Lazytown Live in Manchester at the sky festival.

--video

Comment

oh sweet jesus, i would have loved to see that.

seriously, they should have taped it, a la American Idol. *Imagines Magnus saying something like "I like the spandex, but your handstand was sub-par. Next!"*

Comment

Originally posted by Ponycat
                            OMG - I so want to go and see this ! Is it excessive to fly to the other end of the world to see a kid's stage show ?

The burning question is who will play Robbie ? That would make or break the show as far as I'm concerned.
                            LOL- Good question.
                            Actor requirement: must look good in lycra!

Comment

Originally posted by lazy_airship
                              LOL- Good question.
                              Actor requirement: must look good in lycra!
                              That's what I thought, but they might not bother with all the makeup and such.

Comment

This article was in the Independent today (with pictures too, I'll scan them if anyone's interested. They're mainly of the interviewer doing his audition, but also the little boy).

I swear Magnús has OCD.

Action man The world of Sportacus - Independent Online Edition ) Features.pdf

Comment

Working...
                                X