• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LazyTown Live News: Show Looking For Star of It's Stage Show

http://www.raisingkids.co.uk/todaysnews ... 607_02.asp

I'm Sportacus! June 20 2007 ---------------

clubpenguin.com/parents

TV show looks for star of its stage show

Does the man in your life have a fondness for spandex? Does he enjoy doing one-handed press-ups? Maybe he eschews all forms of junk food in preference of 'sport candy' like apples and carrots? If so – make sure he knows about the auditions taking place next week to cast the character of Sportacus in the LazyTown's new stage show.

The audition will be held in London on 27 June at the Criterion Theatre in Piccadilly Circus from 10am. Organisers have asked that anyone attending comes with 'a short prepared dance routine to the Bing Bang song (demonstrating aerobics/gymnastics)' and the ability to 'speak with a cool Icelandic accent'. The successful candidate will end up with a year's contract as the star of the touring show which hits the UK's theatre circuit in September.

BUT WHO WILL PLAY STEPHANIE

Comment

I would love to see the auditions. It'd be awesome. Being in London, maybe Eddy can go. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Vespasian
        I would love to see the auditions. It'd be awesome. Being in London, maybe Eddy can go. ;)
        Wow, I just read this now... and its 1 hour and 12 minutes into the auditions :(

Comment

Originally posted by Mosheddy
          Wow, I just read this now... and its 1 hour and 12 minutes into the auditions :(
          DO IT!

Comment

Argh, you see it's things like this that make me get all depressed that I've moved from London to Manchester. I could have hung around in Piccadilly Circus acting like a total fangirl.

I've got tickets to Nick Jr's Jump Up event in Manchester next month, I'm hoping it's the *real* Sporty and not some imposter like it was last year.

Comment

Aw, I'd love to see the original actors playing the roles of Sportacus and Stephanie
              sigpic

Comment

Re: LT News: TV Show Looking For Star of It's Stage Show

Originally posted by merlin55
                http://www.raisingkids.co.uk/todaysnews07/news_200607_02.asp

[ and the ability to 'speak with a cool Icelandic accent'. The successful candidate will end up with a year's contract as the star of the touring show which hits the UK's theatre circuit in September.

LOL- Thats Gold!
                Nothing without the accent!

Comment

Originally posted by EdisLeado
                  Aw, I'd love to see the original actors playing the roles of Sportacus and Stephanie
                  Dunno how busy Juli is (hasn't she appeared as Stephanie in live shows before?), but Magnus does have an international company to run. If it wasn't for the precedent of the Latibaer plays, I'd be rather surprised that he chooses to appear in the TV version.

Comment

This is what they're auditioning for: LazyTown Live!

I've just booked tickets for the Hackney Empire one. Wuhoo!

Comment

Awesome! Make sure you tell us how it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by suburbanmum
                        This is what they're auditioning for: LazyTown Live!

I've just booked tickets for the Hackney Empire one. Wuhoo!
                        I've been debating whether to go to that for a while now.
                        Sorry I didn't mention it, I thought you'd all already know about it.

The thing is, it's £17.50 for decent tickets, plus it'll cost me £15 to get there by train, plus merch it'd end up costing me £50-£75.
                        I'd pay that to see Julianna, but I can't afford to throw away that kind of cash if it's not her. :?

I'd be kicking myself for the rest of my life if I didn't go and it did turn out to be her, though.
                        It's almost worth going just for the merch. :?

Comment

I'd go anyway, even if it wasn't her. I think it'd be hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Tindell
                            I'm tempted, but I'd probably spend the whole show thinking "You're not my Stephy. I want my Stephy."

Comment

[quote=Ultra Magnus]
                              Originally posted by "Jim Tindell":0937f
                              I'm tempted, but I'd probably spend the whole show thinking "You're not my Stephy. I want my Stephy."[/quote:0937f]

I'll be saying the same about Sporty.

But I'm taking my son and his friend so they'll be happy whatever, they're only 3 years old :)

Comment

Working...
                              X