Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sometimes I kinda wish that LazyTown started to get popular again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sometimes I kinda wish that LazyTown started to get popular again...

And, I'm not talking about the memery known that was started by We Are Number One.

I mean...

Look at all of the merchandise, promos, and all the times I hear "Watch LazyTown on Nick Jr" while playing old LazyTown games on the GetLazy Archive, just to find out that if you go to the website's schedule here in the year 2018, you see shows like "PAW Patrol", and "Nella the Princess Knight", and "Shimmer and Shine", etc. Which in my term, actually seem like pretty good shows for some kid that is about the ages of 2-5.

But for me, since I grew up with shows like Dora The Explorer, and Blue's Clues, and The Backyardigans, etc... (Even though I watched those on Treehouse TV since I live in Canada, and I wasn't a fan of LazyTown at the time,)

...They just seem like CRAP for me.

Now, I get it that after almost 15 years of LazyTown first being aired on Television, and after OVER 20 years of it existing in the Icelandic books and plays, and with it not being on channels like Nick Jr or Sprout anymore (even though now THAT'S gone, and replaced with "Universal Kids"...), it has been the end of an era for the entire show itself (minus online), no matter how many times I look at my british LazyTown books and go to "LazyTown.com", where it just takes me to it's Cartoonito UK page, that is OBVIOUSLY only in the UK, by the name of it (and some other countries as well, even though I don't think that LazyTown is on every international Cartoonito TV Channel...).

Seeing your favorite show end on TV is just... sad! Especially for me. For a long time, (probably because I was dumb at the time, and I'm autistic), I hated LazyTown for the most stupidest reason ever. I thought that the town, and show, was ACTUALLY LAZY ITSELF. Even when I went on Nick Jr's website at the time, and clicked on the "LazyTown Superhero Challenge" game on the "Playtime" part of Nick Jr (It was OP back then! Now, you just click on "Games"...), and heard Sportacus' on now what I think is amazing, his Icelandic accent voice speaking in English, as I could choose from Sportacus or Stephanie, I still thought that the game was boring, since I hated LazyTown to the core back then (Like Robbie Rotten, probably!), and probably would mostly go back and find a Backyardigans game to play instead. It just makes me sad now too, that I never got to experience a childhood as a LazyTown fan. And it makes me even more sad when I remember myself at a now-bankrupt Zellars store (that is now a LOWES...) and buying Backyardigans toys, avoiding the LazyTown ones because of how much I hated the show back then. And most merchandise is either pricey nowadays trying to find it online, or is almost IMPOSSIBLE to find. There was an item I saw once on there (that's probably sold now), around a few months ago, that I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW IT EXISTED.

But, even though rumors has been rising for a Season 5 in the past, I don't think we would ever get it. The original studio in Iceland got burnt down, Robbie Rotten's actor has sadly passed away (he is still number one though!), and though there is a fan series by a LazyTown Fan YouTuber named Dario Robinson "coming soon", (Some LazyTown Fans from here have tried to make one too, but after Episode One came out and LONG delays took place, it was sadly canceled for now, maybe forever...) even if it ever airs and becomes popular and (maybe) will go on Television, it probably wouldn't be as popular as the original show, that once probably got MILLIONS of fan-letters, drawings, emails and more, as well as active kids, due to the positive influence of the show, leaving a lot of kids starting or having a healthy lifestyle (and maybe some kids wanting to be like their idols, Sportacus or/and Stephanie.) (Maybe! But I think that's what happened! There's even TONS of forum members on this website that signed up around the 2007-2010 era and might haven't even been online since they started, or in FOREVER! And I'm worried that some might had passed away too...)

And even if an official Season 5/reboot WAS made, it would either be live-action again, or animated. But it STILL wouldn't be the same without Robbie Rotten being played by his actor, Stefán Karl Stefánsson, since he's in his own LazyHeaven right now, probably. Any new actors that are willing to play or dub him just wouldn't have the same charm as Stefán did to the millions of children who saw him on TV, even if he is as funny and comedic as him. It just wouldn't be the same. AT ALL. And I know that in Iceland, the show's probably still popular right now, and would still be in the future, even if LazyTown didn't get rebooted. Until it's off TV, (which I think it's starting to get off some Television schedules like KrakkaRUV's, but why would they even do that anyways?) It's just kinda makes me cry a bit on the inside though whenever I see a kid wearing, doing, or having something related to a show like PAW Patrol, knowing that if this was 10 years earlier, that girl I see with a PAW Patrol hat could have been wearing a wig of Stephanie instead, and singing Bing Bang, knowing all of the moves by heart. And I find it really sad, that half of the unactive, boring teenagers I see at my High School all of the time, could had been one of the most active, LazyTown fans of the country (or city/hometown.) And, due to the advancing of technology (like devices like iPads, and video games like Fortnite, ONE THAT I HATE!), kids are having more screen time, and less outdoor time. I read an article in my city's local newspaper today, on how Canada got a D+ in a survey of active kids in the country doing active things like playing sports, or at the playground, etc. D. PLUS. I wonder how it was 10 years earlier?

Anyways, that's my humongous (Get it? Humongous Entertainment?) rant on how much the world is effected as much ever since LazyTown went off of Nick Jr exactly 8 years ago (probably.) Even though a Season 3 and Season 4 was invented (with Robbie's Dream Team!), the season didn't premiere in half of the countries that Season 1 (and probably Season 2) debuted in, leaving their last ever episode mostly being either Sportacus On The Move!, or Sportacus Saves The Toys. Or something else, completely! And it probably wasn't popular in most of the countries it debuted in as much unlike Seasons 1 and 2 (minus Iceland, probably!), which is REALLY a shame.

Now, I'm sorry for such a LONG post. I'm autistic, so it may be the reason on why this is SOOOOO LONG.

Also, let me know how many times you saw the word "probably" in this post, if you like to!

Magnús really needs to do something, if he and we wants LazyTown to reach it peeks of popularity with it's former glory restored someday, if he can or wants to...

Íþróttaálfurinn ... Ég þarf hjálp. Latabæ er í vandræðum.

Re: Sometimes I kinda wish that LazyTown started to get popular again...

preach.

Originally posted by PKMNMasterClara View Post
    Magnús really needs to do something, if he and we wants LazyTown to reach it peeks of popularity with it's former glory restored someday, if he can or wants to...
    He probably doesn't, though. He's moved on from it.

Comment

Originally posted by YikesDepartment View Post
      preach.

He probably doesn't, though. He's moved on from it.
      And that's the thing! So if he can't change it, or doesn't want to change it, we can. Right?

Comment

And that's the thing! So if he can't change it, or doesn't want to change it, we can. Right?
        Being realistic, probably not tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by YikesDepartment View Post
          Being realistic, probably not tbh.
          *Have You Ever Been Sad plays in the background*

It may be impossible, or almost impossible to change it. But I'll still do my best to make as many LazyTown memes as I can, once I start making YouTube videos again. But... when will I do that?

The world may never know.

Comment

"If you can dream it you can do it" said Walt Disney, why not achieve it together? Also as an autistic I have mixed feelings despite what happened in the last two years with LT, I would even like to achieve my dream of meeting Magnus, which my mother did not help me to fulfill. We must be strong, as Stephanie herself says "there is always a way." Achieving incredible things to make the show popular again takes time, and you know what? Recently (October 13, 2019) Lazytown returned to be a trend on Twitter for a tweet from a Peruvian expat that used part of Stingy's song "It's Mine", here is the detail: https://exitosanoticias.pe/v1/yeni-v...-de-lazy-town/

Comment

Originally posted by fanderson View Post
              "If you can dream it you can do it" said Walt Disney, why not achieve it together? Also as an autistic I have mixed feelings despite what happened in the last two years with LT, I would even like to achieve my dream of meeting Magnus, which my mother did not help me to fulfill. We must be strong, as Stephanie herself says "there is always a way." Achieving incredible things to make the show popular again takes time, and you know what? Recently (October 13, 2019) Lazytown returned to be a trend on Twitter for a tweet from a Peruvian expat that used part of Stingy's song "It's Mine", here is the detail: https://exitosanoticias.pe/v1/yeni-v...-de-lazy-town/
              If only... I both hope our dreams comes true. There is always a way! If I could help you, I could. But I'm too young as well...

Comment

The original studio in Iceland got burnt down
                I had only heard of it being converted into a storage facility, but either way, it's gone. It's always kind of surprised me that it sat mostly unused (aside from Lazytown Extra) for some 5 years.

I was hopeful for at least an animated reboot, but with Stefan gone I don't think there's any way that they'd do it. Additionally, the optimal time would have been amidst the meme hype, so RIP

Comment

It did in fact catch fire and most of it burned down. And yes, I doubt they'd consider doing a reboot now that Stefan has passed and the hype from the memes is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutiejea
                    ..If the cartoon was released AT LEAST last year - it would have been hella popular...
                    A LOT could have been done in 2017 and 2018 and sales would be sky high. Unfortunately Warner/Turner has Robbie-Rotten-managers and Sportacus left.
                    Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Working...
                    X