No announcement yet.

Bessie Busybody smokes in the plays????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bessie Busybody smokes in the plays????

So, I saw that in the first play, she smoked. She didn't seem to do it in the later plays. She also didn't do it in the first episode of LazyTown, since they had to tone it down because Nickelodeon has a strict no tobacco policy for their cartoons. I'm just wondering, where did Magnus get the idea for Stina (Bessie), and also, what gave him the idea to have her smoke? It's a little bit too much for a kids show so I wonder, were the original plays even intended for younger kids or were they made for preteens?

Re: Bessie Busybody smokes in the plays????

Originally posted by JoshuaMcDowell View Post
    So, I saw that in the first play, she smoked. She didn't seem to do it in the later plays. She also didn't do it in the first episode of LazyTown, since they had to tone it down because Nickelodeon has a strict no tobacco policy for their cartoons. I'm just wondering, where did Magnus get the idea for Stina (Bessie), and also, what gave him the idea to have her smoke? It's a little bit too much for a kids show so I wonder, were the original plays even intended for younger kids or were they made for preteens?
    She smokes in the books too. It's to show that smoking is bad, so it isn't 'too much for a kids show.

It's a good message for kids to know, It's not like they've never seen someone smoke in real life.

Comment

Re: Bessie Busybody smokes in the plays????

Click image for larger version

Name:	nosmoke.png
Views:	1
Size:	1.91 MB
ID:	150314

Comment

Working...
      X