• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rest in Peace, Stefan Karl

That's a real shame.

Comment

Rest in Peace, Stefan. I'm a huge sucker for comedies and comedians, and his portrayal of Robbie Rotten will always hold a special place in my heart, as Robbie has always been one of my favorite comedic characters, ever since i first watched the show as an 11 year old boy, over 10 years ago.

Comment

A brilliant actor and a great person. Lazytown really couldn't have taken off without him. I really don't know what else to say...

Comment

Back here on GL after many months after hearing the news. Rest in peace Robbie.

Comment

Originally posted by PKMNMasterClara View Post
            Also, another sad thing about Stefan's death is that my dad's birthday is today, so everyday my dad turns another year older for now on, I'll always remember Stefan Karl Stefansson, A.K.A. Robbie Rotten dying on this day... :(
            On unrelated notes, Happy Birthday PKMNMasterClara's dad... I lost my grandad to prostate cancer last winter on my childhood friend's birthday so I think I might know what it feels like.

On more related notes... Long post alert.
            (insert GIF of cartoon character bawling their eyes out here)
            I'm typing this in all black, a black dress and leggings.
            I've been through too many deaths this year. First my dad's dad, then Barry Chuckle (not as sad, but still sad) and now this. I posted a Work In Progress of Sportacus, Mayor Meanswell, Ms Busybody and an OC; Robbie's big brother Richard, dressed for Robbie's funeral (Sportacus is in a black suit. Will you still recognise him?) with the caption "Why does losing Robbie Rotten feel like losing a family member?" I don't even know this man! I've never even asked him a question online! And yet I don't think I've felt this depressed since watching Jacksepticeye play Doki Doki Literature Club out of curiosity! (I admit, sometimes I can be too curious. Stopped about halfway through Episode 4) In all seriousness, sometimes I wonder if I'll ever feel cheerful and carefree again. I just remember seeing Robbie Rotten on TV. I must say, he is... was... a heroically admirable and darn good actor. There were times when I wondered "How can someone so famous be so pure-hearted?" (I don't want to be proven wrong, to be honest) times where I wanted to give both Stefan and Robbie a hug.
            Not sure how he found out, but I did when a boy from my Japanese class posted "RIP Stefan Karl Stefansson" or something on our class group chat. A sick sort of spear shot through my heart. At some point, my arms were shaking. To which I replied "What?!" and then 4 GIFS of cartoons crying like there's no tomorrow. I thought it was some kind of joke, I just didn't want it to be true.
            Google proved me otherwise.
            When I got the news I felt tripped up, and hollowed out. Mum came up to check if I was okay that evening, having heard the news on I'm guessing Facebook, and reckoning I would be sad. She was right. It took me a long time to get to sleep that night.
            In the space of less than 2 days I think I have experienced 3 stages of grief; Denial, Anger (cancer is a $%*!ing £@?*!) and now probably Depression.

Whether you like RWBY, (pronounced ruby) thought it went downhill after Volume 3 or even 2, or have never even heard of it, I feel like drawing attention to my signature. It is a quote from RWBY's creator, Monty Oum, who died in 2015 after reacting badly to a hospital procedure. In ways, I feel like this quote applies to everyone who worked on LazyTown, and motivates me sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Subscribe Every Day View Post
              I lost my grandad to prostate cancer last winter on my childhood friend's birthday so I think I might know what it feels like.
              Sorry to hear that, I also lost my Grandad to prostate cancer

Barry Chuckle (not as sad, but still sad)
              Sad to me, the Chuckle Brothers were a wholesome part of my childhood.

When I got the news I felt tripped up, and hollowed out. Mum came up to check if I was okay that evening, having heard the news on I'm guessing Facebook, and reckoning I would be sad. She was right. It took me a long time to get to sleep that night
              same.
              Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
              Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

This man lead me to meeting my husband, notoriousmdc. Without Stefan, I would have never came here 11 years ago,. I never would have stayed up all night chatting with him in IRC and AIM. I have a lot to be thankful to him for, and without him, my life would have gone a very different course. Not a good one, trust me.

Comment

Originally posted by Subscribe Every Day View Post
                  On unrelated notes, Happy Birthday PKMNMasterClara's dad... I lost my grandad to prostate cancer last winter on my childhood friend's birthday so I think I might know what it feels like.

On more related notes... Long post alert.
                  (insert GIF of cartoon character bawling their eyes out here)
                  I'm typing this in all black, a black dress and leggings.
                  I've been through too many deaths this year. First my dad's dad, then Barry Chuckle (not as sad, but still sad) and now this. I posted a Work In Progress of Sportacus, Mayor Meanswell, Ms Busybody and an OC; Robbie's big brother Richard, dressed for Robbie's funeral (Sportacus is in a black suit. Will you still recognise him?) with the caption "Why does losing Robbie Rotten feel like losing a family member?" I don't even know this man! I've never even asked him a question online! And yet I don't think I've felt this depressed since watching Jacksepticeye play Doki Doki Literature Club out of curiosity! (I admit, sometimes I can be too curious. Stopped about halfway through Episode 4) In all seriousness, sometimes I wonder if I'll ever feel cheerful and carefree again. I just remember seeing Robbie Rotten on TV. I must say, he is... was... a heroically admirable and darn good actor. There were times when I wondered "How can someone so famous be so pure-hearted?" (I don't want to be proven wrong, to be honest) times where I wanted to give both Stefan and Robbie a hug.
                  Not sure how he found out, but I did when a boy from my Japanese class posted "RIP Stefan Karl Stefansson" or something on our class group chat. A sick sort of spear shot through my heart. At some point, my arms were shaking. To which I replied "What?!" and then 4 GIFS of cartoons crying like there's no tomorrow. I thought it was some kind of joke, I just didn't want it to be true.
                  Google proved me otherwise.
                  When I got the news I felt tripped up, and hollowed out. Mum came up to check if I was okay that evening, having heard the news on I'm guessing Facebook, and reckoning I would be sad. She was right. It took me a long time to get to sleep that night.
                  In the space of less than 2 days I think I have experienced 3 stages of grief; Denial, Anger (cancer is a $%*!ing £@?*!) and now probably Depression.

Whether you like RWBY, (pronounced ruby) thought it went downhill after Volume 3 or even 2, or have never even heard of it, I feel like drawing attention to my signature. It is a quote from RWBY's creator, Monty Oum, who died in 2015 after reacting badly to a hospital procedure. In ways, I feel like this quote applies to everyone who worked on LazyTown, and motivates me sometimes.
                  Thanks for saying "Happy Birthday" to my dad, even though that was yesterday. At least he's not dead... yet.

Comment

Rest In Piece our beloved Stefan Karl. We are being tested and tried... We will never forget the great memories you made for us.

Comment

Originally posted by Broxxx1138 View Post

Rest In Piece our beloved Stefan Karl. We are being tested and tried... We will never forget the great memories you made for us.
                      Yeah, I actually have tears in my eyes right now, I actually cried a little. No joke.

Comment

Rest in peace, Stefán. You were the Number One Master of Disguise to all of us.

Comment

May he rest in peace. Stefan Karl was a great guy who loved making people laugh. He was a really caring person, and I'm going to miss him. :(

Number One Forever :robbierotten:

Comment

We all knew it, but still is very painful. Please, let me express myself in my own language in order to say what I really feel now:

En ocasiones es muy difícil tratar de expresar con palabras lo que se siente por dentro, especialmente cuando se trata de la temprana partida de alguien que marcó tu vida en alguna medida.

Este es el caso de Stefán Karl, quien la vida le fue corta para poder plasmar todo ese inmenso talento que llevaba por dentro pero que sin embargo, con lo poco que nos dejó, nos mostró mucho de su arte, de su alma y de todo ese amor que era capaz de reflejar en lo que hacía.

Nos vas a hacer mucha falta Stefán, en especial, en este mundo tan necesitado de gente como tú.

Si me lo permiten, así quisiera recordarlo: entre aquello que más amaba (if you allow me, I'd like to remember him this way: between what he loved the most):

Click image for larger version

Name:	Stefán Karl 2018.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	135.3 KB
ID:	150309

Que Dios te bediga Stefán.

Comment

:(

I can't believe that he's really gone.

Comment

It's so nice to see everyone gathering to pay tribute and thanks here.

On a possibly irrelevant note, Glanni's Girl, that was a sweet reply. Thank you. I'm sorry about your grandad too.

Comment

Working...
                                X