GETLAZY MEMBER
    Level 5 - Twenty Times Poster
    Local Date
    17th August 2018
    Local Time
    09:44

The residents of Latibær watch infomericals?

So, I was watching Afram Latibær, and everyone wanted to catch their infomericals. Isn't it strange that people would actually WANT to watch infomericals? Most people only HAD to watch infomercials because there was nothing else on... and that was back in the 90s when the plays were made, but I've never heard of anyone who actually watches infomercials but doesn't buy anything. Does anyone here actually watch infomercials? If so, do you ever watch infomericial channels, like HSN (which Robbie actually watched on the show, not referring to the play) or QVC, and/or morning infomercials on your local stations (which Pixel, the postman, and pretty much everyone watched in the plays.)?

SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 5 - Twenty Times Poster
    Local Date
    17th August 2018
    Local Time

Re: The residents of Latibær watch infomericals?

The word translated as infomercials can just refer to ads in general, I think. It's a joke that the town's kind of obsessed with being lazy to the point where they'll actually enjoy the ads. Also, Goggi watches everything and is equally excited to watch the test pattern, so it makes sense for him.

The Prince
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Level 34 - Airship Controller
    Local Date
    17th August 2018
    Local Time
    07:44

Haha... I used to kind of enjoy watching infomercials, though like you said, it was mostly because there was nothing else on. I grew up in a somewhat poor area, so between me and my friends, I was the only one with a computer. We all liked to play video games, so they often spent time at my house so that we could play games. We would take turns on the computer for an hour or 2 at a time. The person not on the computer would either be watching the person on the computer play, watching TV on the small TV I had in the room, or maybe watching a VHS. We were teenagers at the time, so we loved to stay up late. When it's late, there's not much to watch on TV, so infomercials would often times be what was on, and they were generally more entertaining than what else was on. Even though it was the same ones over and over, they were still more entertaining lol. I remember watching all kinds of Billy Mays ones, some colon cleanse one that was always amusing because of the linguistic acrobatics they had to use to not mention poop, workout infomercials with Chuck Norris, juicer commercials, other food appliances.. I remember this one:

Spirit Power Obligation Responsibility Truth Agility Courage Understanding Solace

GETLAZY MEMBER
    Level 6 - Stingy Poster
    Local Date
    17th August 2018
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by cakesandcookies123 View Post
    So, I was watching Afram Latibær, and everyone wanted to catch their infomericals. Isn't it strange that people would actually WANT to watch infomericals? Most people only HAD to watch infomercials because there was nothing else on... and that was back in the 90s when the plays were made, but I've never heard of anyone who actually watches infomercials but doesn't buy anything. Does anyone here actually watch infomercials? If so, do you ever watch infomericial channels, like HSN (which Robbie actually watched on the show, not referring to the play) or QVC, and/or morning infomercials on your local stations (which Pixel, the postman, and pretty much everyone watched in the plays.)?
    I don't really watch infomericlals, no. I'm more into cartoons like Little Einsteins, SpongeBob, Mickey Mouse, Blue's Clues, and LazyTown (if it counts, it has CGI, and it has animated scenes, so I count it as a cartoon.) I also watch The Upside Down Show, Sesame Street, and British comedy (Monty Python, Mr. Bean, etc.) And, I do watch MLP sometimes but not much.