International air dates for Surprise Santa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• International air dates for Surprise Santa

In the US, it aired in December 2005. I wanna know international air dates, so I'll know if any of the lectors and dubs have the deleted scenes. And just to let you know, the UK version didn't air until I think 2006, so I'm looking for a dub that aired before the UK version (hopefully). I really wanna see if there's any dubs or lectors of Good To Be Bad and the deleted ending scenes. For example, I know the Korean dub and Bulgarian and Polish lectors of SpongeBob have the deleted scenes from Just One Bite. So, please tell me it's the same way with LazyTown, I'm hoping there's at least one dub or lector that has the deleted scenes.
    Thank you.
    — Josh

Re: International air dates for Surprise Santa

IIRC, The UK Dub was the first dub made for the show, and all other dubs are made off of the UK dub, which means that except for live performances, there is only one version of Good To Be Bad, or the deleted scenes.

Comment

Actually the UK dub was made rather late, after the language dubs in South America, Germany, Norway, Canada & France and Iceland. But since none of those dubs has the song it was probably decided to deliver the shorter version of Surprise Santa in a very early stage. Maybe in November or December 2004, because the episode was made in October 2004, and the dubs started to be made early 2005.
      Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

In Israel, both Surprise Santa and The Holiday Spirit never aired, as the show is being aired in HOP! Channel, and Israel is considered as Jewish country with a majority of Jews in its population, and Christmas is a Christian holiday, so basically there are no Christmas episodes or about any other Christian holiday of any show on this channel specifically. On other channels that suits older children (Elementary school and older) are of course less of a problem as it's exposing the viewers to other cultures.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsBeboy View Post
          IIRC, The UK Dub was the first dub made for the show, and all other dubs are made off of the UK dub, which means that except for live performances, there is only one version of Good To Be Bad, or the deleted scenes.
          Well, there is one thing I believe. The SpongeBob Just One Bite deleted scene is dubbed into some languages (like Korean and Bulgarian) and is rumored to have aired in other languages at first but was later cut. It may be the same with LazyTown Surprise Santa. Try looking for airings of the episode from when the episode first aired in that country, because it's very likely they originally aired it uncut but later cut it out just like Just One Bite.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by LazyPooky View Post
          Actually the UK dub was made rather late, after the language dubs in South America, Germany, Norway, Canada & France and Iceland. But since none of those dubs has the song it was probably decided to deliver the shorter version of Surprise Santa in a very early stage. Maybe in November or December 2004, because the episode was made in October 2004, and the dubs started to be made early 2005.
          Okay, see if you can fibd original airings for those dubs. German, French, Norwegian, and Icelandic specifically. I doubt Latin Spanish ever had them, though. Latin Spanish tends to shorten things to 23 minutes, anyway. Now, it's possible the original airing had the ending scenes, but Latin Spanish probably cut the Good To Be Bad song.

Comment

Working...
          X