youtube.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• youtube.com

In the last two weeks a couple of multi billion dollar companies removed ads on YouTube, so we don't need to use Adblocker anymore to watch videos. It will affect users who make money out of youtube videos or even have a living because of the ads on the videos. We will see how long this takes. Maybe youtube will die.
    New channels can't monetize videos anymore unless they reached 10000 channel views.
    https://youtube-creators.googleblog....e-partner.html

They also review channel videos now and ban them if they think the videos are against TOS. Just like this owner of a 1.7M subscribers channel, who recently made this video below, has been demonitized on all videos.

Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Re: Youtube.com

It sure is a bit of a mess at the moment. I'm sure everything will get back to mostly normal at some point, I just hope that content creators are not worse off after everything has settled.
    It's hard to imagine YouTube falling out of favor, but since many creators' income depends on YouTube revenue, they will certainly migrate to another platform if it is better for them.

Comment

Originally posted by LazyPooky View Post
      In the last two weeks a couple of multi billion dollar companies removed ads on YouTube, so we don't need to use Adblocker anymore to watch videos...
      as a company I would do the same...why waste money when my advertising doesn't reach the audience anymore due to adblocker?...YT should ban adblockers like other sides already did (******* doesn't show you full size pics when a adblocker is installed e.g.)...I know it's annoying but nothing is really free in this life
      Gallery

Comment

This is extremely sad news.
        I've been on YouTube since 2006, and the journey have been absolutely amazing.
        I never dreamt of YouTube being the massive company it is today, and as a person that spends most of his day on the platform, having to say goodbye to this wonderful place will be almost impossible.

But YouTube also needs to listen to its users more.
        YouTube is nothing without the content creators out there, but unfortunately the communication have been almost 0 after Google bought the company.

I hope everyone is keeping just a tiny bit up-to-date with YouTube, but in case you're not aware of the current situation, this video should clear things up a bit.

Originally posted by Buzz View Post
        YT should ban adblockers like other sides already did (******* doesn't show you full size pics when a adblocker is installed e.g.)...I know it's annoying but nothing is really free in this life
        No. Just no.
        We're on the internet, remember? The internet is free.
        What they should do, though, is get in contact with the developer of AdBlocker, and make a more integrated form of whitelisting channels.
        You can already whitelist certain YouTube channels (meaning you'll only see ads on videos from these people) but the feature is disabled by default, and it's a huge hassle to figure out how to do it.

Pointless salami rant:
        If I enter a website and it kindly asks me to disable AdBlocker, I first try to dismiss the message, then try to block the blocking element, and if that doesn't work I just simply leave.
        I have made a decision to use AdBlocker, because I don't like ads. I've made the same decision to not order salami on my pizza, simply because I do not like salami.
        The websites forcing me to disable my AdBlocker is kinda like them trying to force a big salami down my throat - not gonna happen.

On the other hand, if I go to a dinner party at my friends, and they kindly ask me "Hey Fox, why don't you try this salami dish? I've worked hard on making it," I will of course be polite and try it out.
        Same goes with ads.
        I just recently visited WhoSampled.com, a site I've used a lot in the past.
        When I saw that they asked me to disable my adblocker, I didn't even think twice about doing it, and 2 secs later it was disabled.
        When I refreshed the page I was very pleased. No pop-ups or annoying banners, and just a small ad out of the important context. AdBlocker stayed off for that site.
        If they had blasted me with pop-ups, banners, and moving gif object I can tell you it would've gone back on.
        Same with the salami. If the salami dish had been too much, I would've kindly said no to seconds.

Other important note:
        AdBlocker already added a feature, some time ago, where it wouldn't block "non intrusive advertising" (read more here: https://adblockplus.org/en/acceptable-ads).
        This was perhaps the biggest step in website advertisement to date, as it forced websites to stop with the advertisement bs of plastering pages in annoying and obscuring ads.
        That was actually the reason why I, as well as many others, made the decision to install AdBlocker in the first place.
        If you enter a site and is bombarded with ads, your experience will decrease dramatically, and you wont be able to get the thing done you originally came for.
        Pair this with the information that many sites aren't planned with ads in mind, and you can soon begin to see why ads can be unnecessary.

All in all, my views on ads are the same as they've always been.
        I'm a multimedia designer myself, so I should know how important ads can be for a business online.
        What it all comes down to, though, is that you should never build anything on the base of you "having" to get your income from these.
        YouTubers can get money from Patreon or direct sponsors of the shows.
        I get that this will greatly affect smaller channels on the platform, but I can bet you it's the same people complaining that used to PLASTER their videos with un-skipable 120s ads, and create the magical 10-minute-videos to enable for more revenue.

If you want this adblocker shitfest to stop, start by utilizing non intrusive ads, as well as reaching out to the people behind the plugin.
        Do not force people to do anything when they have made a conscious decision, as you may potentially scare them away.
        I'm as sneaky as can be. None's sneakier than me.

Comment

Originally posted by Fox View Post
          No. Just no.
          We're on the internet, remember? The internet is free.
          tl;dr but disagreed...nothing is free except for death...unless the internet is communist...but communism doesn't work we've learned
          Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Stingy View Post
            Anybody know a good Youtube video ripping site? My old ones have turned shitty.
            keepvid.com has sold out
            savevid.com wants me to download an application
            forinside.com hasnt been working for a few days

Know any others?
            Do you mean converter? Because..

https://www.onlinevideoconverter.com/

You may get an application ad, so just close it.

Comment

Originally posted by Xizer View Post
              Surprise! Even the most "progressive" nation in the Middle East is still such a primitive shithole that they ban ****ing YouTube
              I know right.

Comment

YouTube is trying hard to find the monetized videos that are not suitable for advertisers and doing that by finding words in the description, and probably scanning videos on words used (not sure on that).
                This is a video that explains a bit what words not to use in the description. I found out that the word Stingy and Rotten is also detected as 'wrong' word.
                When it's detected as 'not suitable' you can appeal for review, but only if the video reaches 1000 views in 7 days, or if you have more than 10000 subscribers. If you reached that threshold and the video is reviewed and found 'not suitable' there is nothing more you can do.

Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

I found out that the word Stingy and Rotten is also detected as 'wrong' word.
                  How even lmao

Comment

Youtube.com

And don't have your thumbnail be Sportacus having a sugar meltdown.

Comment

seems only monetized videos are affected
                      Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz View Post
                        seems only monetized videos are affected
                        Yes thanks. I forgot to mention that and corrected my post.

Comment

YouTube is trying hard to find the monetized videos that are not suitable for advertisers and doing that by finding words in the description, and probably scanning videos on words used (not sure on that).
                          It's not just that. Youtube/Google has a black list. If you are put on that blacklist because of whatever viewpoint you hold that they don't like. As soon as the video gets uploaded and published and you are on that blacklist, it gets immediately demonetized.
                          http://eighteenlightyearsago.ytmnd.com/

Comment

Today I uploaded a video where there was only talk and walking in the room (no music at all), and in some parts with a total of 2.5minutes I got more than 30 claims. YouTube totally lost it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	30plusclaim.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	207.2 KB
ID:	150099

Comment

Rogue Youtube AI
                              http://eighteenlightyearsago.ytmnd.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X