Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Youtube.com

Originally posted by LazyPooky View Post
    Today I uploaded a video where there was only talk and walking in the room (no music at all), and in some parts with a total of 2.5minutes I got more than 30 claims. YouTube totally lost it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8113[/ATTACH]
    Holy that's crazy what

Comment

I'm a lil jealous coz you got so much attention lol...I wonder why they always pick on you...bad karma? no one knows
      Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Eri 絵利
        Who here is screwed? I know I am. I don't have 1k subs yet.
        It's pretty drastic what they do and it effects people the most who are doing their best but just not reach the threshold somehow. This decision will promote only the massive stupidity videos and the blah, blah, look-I'm-a-big-youtuber videos because that is almost the only way to get massive amount of watch time and content quality will suffer.

In your case, changing your username in this time doesn't really help because a lot of people are used to your ******** username (and I think it's quite an awesome username). Also the link to your youtube channel in your promotion video does not work, and the youtube link on your profile here does not work either. Your YouTube channel does not have it's own URL you can link to. All this doesn't help you very much to gain many subscribers.
        Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

...This decision will promote only the massive stupidity videos and the blah, blah, look-I'm-a-big-youtuber videos because that is almost the only way to get massive amount of watch time and content quality will suffer
          Oh look, I found an example.
          Just make garbage videos with an attractive thumbnail and post that on all social media platforms so people (kids) will share it everywhere. Do this few times a week, you gain 500000 subs in a year and your channel looks like this: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwm...3akieBGmdreUBQ

You can make at least $5000-$10000 a month. YouTube wants to have those channels.
          Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Today I uploaded a video where there was only talk and walking in the room (no music at all), and in some parts with a total of 2.5minutes I got more than 30 claims. YouTube totally lost it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8113[/ATTACH]
            Ay, ay, ayyyy I feel SO sorry for you...

Comment

Yeah, I removed the video because dispute over 30 claimants doesn't work very well. Some probably haven't watched the video at all and just rejected the dispute. My new upload did not have any copyright infringement, so I don't know what happened before.

Comment

It's pretty drastic what they do and it effects people the most who are doing their best but just not reach the threshold somehow. This decision will promote only the massive stupidity videos and the blah, blah, look-I'm-a-big-youtuber videos because that is almost the only way to get massive amount of watch time and content quality will suffer.
                Oh!! SO much content I've seen lately makes sense now,
                4k hours of watch time = Talking as if their lives depend on it, literally.
                Maybe if more people knew that, there wouldn't be so many "stop talking and get to the point" comments on things like make up tutorials.
                Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
                Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

Re: youtube.com

YouTube introduces paid subscriptions and merchandise selling in bid to help creators monetize the platform.
                  - YouTube channels can offer $4.99-a-month "channel memberships" that users can buy to access exclusive content.
                  - YouTube partnered with custom merchandise company Teespring to let creators sell their own merchandise directly through the platform.

With Channel Memberships, viewers pay a monthly recurring fee of $4.99 to get unique badges, new emoji, Members-only posts in the Community tab, and access to unique custom perks offered by creators, such as exclusive livestreams, extra videos, or shout-outs.

Channel Memberships have already been available for a select group of creators on YouTube as Sponsorships.

We’ve seen a lot of creators find success with this new business model. So, we’ll soon be expanding this to eligible channels with more than 100,000 subscribers on YouTube under the new name Channel Memberships.

We hope to bring it to even more creators in the coming months.
                  https://youtube.googleblog.com/2018/06/

Comment

YouTube introduces paid subscriptions and merchandise selling in bid to help creators monetize the platform.
                    - YouTube channels can offer $4.99-a-month "channel memberships" that users can buy to access exclusive content.
                    - YouTube partnered with custom merchandise company Teespring to let creators sell their own merchandise directly through the platform.

https://youtube.googleblog.com/2018/06/
                    I heard that they are also replacing YouTube Red with "YouTube Premium". I think neither of these will really take off.

Comment

Originally posted by Pickelhaube808 View Post
                      I heard that they are also replacing YouTube Red with "YouTube Premium". I think neither of these will really take off.
                      I saw all those music channels change. Different music videos from one specific artist moved to that special Music Artist Channel. People can buy a subscribtion for $12 or something. Spotify competition maybe?

Also #ProudToCreate
                      https://youtube.googleblog.com/2018/...dtocreate.html
                      I do understand the troubles some people have when they express their feelings, emotions and look-here-I-am way, but they don't represent the entire LGBTQ, and sometimes they just make it worse (judging by seeing the LGBTQ videos on YouTube)

I didn't read the worldcup story because I don't care for that.

Comment

I saw all those music channels change. Different music videos from one specific artist moved to that special Music Artist Channel. People can buy a subscribtion for $12 or something. Spotify competition maybe?

Also #ProudToCreate
                        https://youtube.googleblog.com/2018/...dtocreate.html
                        I do understand the troubles some people have when they express their feelings, emotions and look-here-I-am way, but they don't represent the entire LGBTQ, and sometimes they just make it worse seeing the videos on YouTube.

I didn't read the worldcup story because I don't care for that.
                        That "ProudToBe_x" crap is just annoying. If they want to feel truly equal to everyone else, then don't try to get all up in our faces.

Comment

i just noticed, they finally made most of youtube topic available in europe :icon_e_biggrin: (atleast what i could find)

Comment

Youtube has really gone downhill. 2009 Youtube was lit. 2018 Youtube is just a tar pit of crap.

Comment

Update: Vertical video support
                              https://productforums.google.com/for...o/K0RdS-rgCAAJ

Historically, for non wide-screen videos (not 16:9) like vertical and square videos, we would show black bars alongside the video, making the video really small. This update moves away from the need for black bars. We launched this update on mobile awhile back (both Android and iOS) so this change also aligns the desktop and mobile viewing experiences.
                              So I made one hahaha
                              only works on the YouTube website and desktop view

Comment

Okay so I got a new feature on my YouTube channel, it's called the Copyright Match Tool where I can see what channel uploaded the exact same videos as I did, and if I want I can take action. The latter is not really new because everyone can send a copyright claim. The only difference is that I can e-mail the channel holder now.

I did a e-mail test with one of Glitchtastic Games's videos and wrote to him a (standard YouTube) message about one specific video. See how that turns out hahaha

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2018-08-17 Channel Copyright - YouTube Studio.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	150295

Options:

Click image for larger version

Name:	request_video_removal.jpg
Size:	308.1 KB
ID:	150296 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2018-08-17 Channel Copyright - YouTube Studio(1).png
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	150297

Comment

Working...
                                X