Post what you did today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post what you did today

A while back, I stumbled upon a Dutch PoGo player on youtube who mentioned things called "Stroop Wafels", never heard of them before, so I thought I'd give them a try.
    Let me tell you, they are NICE!
    Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
    Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Story time!!!! Post what you did today!

I've seen those around some places, but have never tried them. Maybe next time I see them I will.

Comment

Re: Story time!!!! Post what you did today!

Got home from a really fun uni camp yesterday morning. I'm part of a club/society that plays music, and there are different ensembles in it. I'm in the fusion band on clarinet, and there is also an a cappella group, a choir, a jazz band, and a strings group. Usually it's only the people from the a cappella group and a few from the fusion band that go on camps, but this time the jazz band came along, and we had a drum kit at camp for the first time in two years- fusion's drummer never came. Earlier in the year at our semester 1 concert in May, fusion band played we are number one as a surprise finale, with one of the guys from the a cappella group singing it. The performance got a such great reception that others in the club had the song stuck in their heads, and over time has become a club anthem of sorts. I got on the drum kit and discovered I could play we are number one on it, despite having almost zero experience on the drum kit! Then the shengs (Chinese pipe instrument) started to play the riff and we had a little jam session going. The funniest thing about the song and the club is its use in different contexts. We played a game where we were numbered off into 3 teams, and of course I was in team 1, with my other friend who is big on we are number one! Furthermore, we won the game by half a point, so yelled out when the results were announced: WE ARE NUMBER ONE, HEY!!

The funniest part of camp though was just before I left. It was 8 to midnight and someone was driving me home at midnight. I had to leave camp as I couldn't stay overnight. We were playing bowl of fun, where each person in the circle picks out a piece of paper from a bowl and has to do what is written on it or else you take a shot. As you can imagine, this game can get a little dangerous. As I had to leave, and it was my first time playing, I had to be one of the first to go. I pulled out the piece of paper, opened it up and read it out. It said "go home".

Comment

It's honestly nearly pitch black where I am in the UK right now, and it's only 3pm.
        The trees are shaking, but I'm not that worried, feels like I'm breathing in dust though.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	weather2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	150020

Comment

Have now seen The Blue Man Group live, an actual dream come true.
          Page one of the programme might go someway to explain why I was so unbelievably sad when the show ended.
          They were so wonderfully mischevious, I belly laughed (better than simply laughing) and the best part was they surpassed my massive expectations.
          How great would life be if we could each have a spectacular moment everyday :-)
          Click image for larger version

Name:	i love you BMG.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.89 MB
ID:	150078

Comment

Apropos of nothing, a question for the American's that frequent this forum.
            I have 56 cents, is there any item of food or drink I could walk into a store and buy? I'm not talking high end products or vast quantities, just for those situations where you might suddenly feel dizzy and need something to eat or drink.
            I think the cheapest bottle of water you can get in the UK is 0.25p, stuff like that.
            EDIT: I think I now have 1 dollar and 46 cents, but I'm still curious what, if anything, I could get for 56 cents :)

Comment

Story time!!!! Post what you did today!

For 56 cents? Maybe like 2 gumballs or something. There are few things you can buy for less than a dollar. Water here is notorious for being outrageously expensive, I'm talking like $2.50 for a 20 oz bottle.

Comment

Originally posted by Glanni's Girl View Post
                what, if anything, I could get for 56 cents :)
                Maruchen ramen costs 17c at my store, if I'm not wrong, so you you could get three of those.. you might be able to find 25c soda machines somewhere.. and certainly some kind of produce. Bananas in my area are pretty cheap, so you could get a few of those, you could get about a half pound of jalapenos, an apple or two.. and so on. I'm sure there is more out there, but the point being that yes, you could get real food for 56c.

Comment

Originally posted by p3tra View Post
                  Water here is notorious for being outrageously expensive, I'm talking like $2.50 for a 20 oz bottle.
                  Dang.

Originally posted by Stingy
                  yes, you could get real food for 56c.
                  Good :)

Thanks Guys!

Comment

Originally posted by Stingy View Post
                    Originally posted by Glanni's Girl View Post
                    what, if anything, I could get for 56 cents :)
                    Maruchen ramen costs 17c at my store, if I'm not wrong, so you you could get three of those.. you might be able to find 25c soda machines somewhere.. and certainly some kind of produce. Bananas in my area are pretty cheap, so you could get a few of those, you could get about a half pound of jalapenos, an apple or two.. and so on. I'm sure there is more out there, but the point being that yes, you could get real food for 56c.
                    Lol Where? I've never seen those kinds of prices (especially not 25 cent sodas).

Comment

Lol Where? I've never seen those kinds of prices (especially not 25 cent sodas).
                      Denver, Colorado.

Comment

Originally posted by Stingy View Post
                        Denver, Colorado.
                        Figures. I guess it really depends on where you are.

Comment

How I spent my day today

Fun fact, I trod on 4:20 's tail

Comment

Yesterday I was able to visit San Diego, California for a business trip. Due to the nature of the trip, most of it was work-related, but before the trip was booked for me, I convinced my boss to push the returning flight to a little later in the evening than was originally planned. The excuse I gave was that I wanted to make sure that I had enough time to finish my job; that it would be terrible if we spent all the effort for me to go out there only to run out of time to complete the job. That's still about 10% of the truth, but the real reason I arranged this was to ensure that I had a few hours of personal time to stop and smell the roses. Everything went according to plan.

My flight was at about 9:30pm, and I was done with my job around 5:00pm, giving me a healthy 2-3 hours at my disposal. I had also planned out my work during the day to result in my final work site being on the shores of Pacific Beach, San Diego, which is where I spent the evening. I simply walked about 3 miles down the beach's boardwalk, soaking in the beauty of everything; the natural beauty of the beach, ocean, hills, and plants, the architectural beauty of the lovely vacation houses and quirky shops and restaurants lining the boardwalk, and the beauty of the slice of Americana that I found myself suddenly a part of. At the end of the walk, I rented a motorized scooter for only $2.50 and drove it back up the boardwalk to where I started. By that time, it was about time to get back to the airport, so that's what I did. As of right now in my life, I am confident in saying that San Diego is the most beautiful place I've ever been to, and I'd love to go back when I have more than just a few hours to enjoy it.

Comment

mmm... pistacho & honey ice cream...

inb4 argument between hot vs. cold climates

Comment

Working...
                              X