What are you listening to right now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What are you listening to right now

Claudja is a personal friend of my mother...
    Boogie woogie oogie..

Comment

Dindu nuffin

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Glanni's Girl View Post
          Yes, they've played the UK.
          They were at Wembley Arena, but I despise that venue & area for reasons I won't go into, not to mention that date probably sold out in minutes, as that was back when I first discovered them, and from the YouTube videos I've seen, there were people sleeping outside the venue days before to get a "good spot" in the mosh pit, and then stampeding when the doors opened.

They were the support act for...I want to say (this is probably wrong) The Red Hot Chilli Peppers at the O2 arena, which thinking back would've been great, but I think at that time I couldn't justify paying for a full price show ticket, when I only intended to see their maximum 30 minute support act slot and then leave.

They've also done, I don't know what you'd call them, "Metal Festivals" if those are a thing? But they've always been nowhere near me, and I didn't like the idea of getting there early to get a good view, but standing all day maybe in the rain (it's the UK after all) just to wait for their performances, or travelling all that way to find out they cancelled at the last minute, or if the festival I was lucky enough to attend had a planned itinerary (these guys at 1pm, these guys at 2pm etc) then obviously there would be no sitting through acts I'd never heard of, but then I'd be at the back of the crowd
          and the view would be crap.

Knowing what I know now (good ol' useless hind sight) I would have gone to one of the Yui era shows, as their whole vibe now is completely different.
          Their J-pop slant on Metal made the genre accessible for me, now to me at least they seem to be more Metal, and I'm more of a Baby Metal fan than a Metal fan.
          Well well well, what do you know. Babymetal is coming to Australia in December! It's a metal festival though and it'll be expensive, and Babymetal will probably only play a short set of 30 minutes. Still though, you never know if they will come back and do proper indoor venue shows, so best to go anyway I guess! I do hope Yui is well enough to be there.

They were always going to lean more to the metal side the longer they go on. I was listening to a podcast on Babymetal and they hypothesised that what we saw on their last tour with the different 'vibe', is to do with the upcoming graphic novel. So this suggests this vibe is only temporary, but who knows. No way could I have gone to a show with Yui, because I only bothered to look them up 2 months ago after first hearing of them 4 years ago from this video when they were still a meme of sorts outside Japan:

If this video made me aware and subsequently a fan of Babymetal, imagine how many others could say the same. Buckley has done them a huge service here.

Comment

Comment

Comment

https://soundcloud.com/kraiqyttyj/th...hat-the-ending

Comment

oh no

OH NO NOT THIS AGAIN!

Comment

It's been a while, but I finally felt like listening to music again today.
                    I've been hearing this on a British commercial over and over again, so I decided to find out who it was.
                    Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
                    Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

Comment

I've been hearing this on a British commercial over and over again
                        catchy...in my fantasy a woman is dancing around merrily so it's probably a special product for woman...right?
                        Gallery

Comment

I listen to lazy town songs

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz View Post
                            catchy...in my fantasy a woman is dancing around merrily so it's probably a special product for woman...right?
                            LOL

It's this
                            Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
                            Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

LOL

It's this
                              lol close ;)
                              Gallery

Comment

hello

I am listening to monster by kayne west

Comment

Working...