WorldRoboCup 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WorldRoboCup 2018

For the 4th time, Tech United won the RoboCup at the 22nd RoboCup International Competition, in Montreal, Canada, by beating Cambada from Portugal with 1-0. An exciting final with a lot of technical difficulties and problems.

http://www.robocup.org/leagues/6
    Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Re: WorldRoboCup 2018

It's actually a bit sad that people show up to watch robots play a simple game like this. Makes you wonder what they do in life.

Comment

Fun competition. Are they AI or remote controlled?

Comment

Originally posted by Stingy View Post
        Fun competition. Are they AI or remote controlled?
        All the robots are made by students of top technology universities around the world and are AI. The robots work together in a team and get smarter every year. The main purpose of these games is therefore to stimulate the development of robot technique. A lot of work has been done to make these like they are now. There are different shapes and sizes, in different competition levels.

Originally posted by Glanni Glæpur View Post
        It's actually a bit sad that people show up to watch robots play a simple game like this. Makes you wonder what they do in life.
        I bet they have a far more interesting life than you.

Here is something for you to enjoy then, also at the WC RoboCup 2018

Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

I like the names of the Tech United team robots.
          Predecessors of the Soccerbot.

Comment

Yeah, maybe there are a bunch of little Robbie Rottens inside ;)

I'll have to pay more attention the next time the competition rolls around. Is it every year? Every four? I'm also interested in what method they are all using to grip the ball. It seems very delicate, but very accurate and reliable.

Comment

I like the subtle pass and run from the robot number 4 at the 1:48 minute, they are good.

Comment

It's every year, and in different countries around this time of the year.
                2018 Canada
                2017 Japan
                2016 Germany

Comment

Originally posted by LazyPooky View Post
                  I bet they have a far more interesting life than you.
                  Yes, because watching machines play soccer is the apex of entertainment. I could never find something more fulfilling to do in my life.

Good one.

Comment

Yes, because watching machines play soccer is the apex of entertainment. I could never find something more fulfilling to do in my life.

Good one.
                    That says nothing about their life.

Comment

That says nothing about their life.
                      Dedicating an entire day to spectate robots playing soccer is pretty low.

Comment

Aint much different than sitting at home and watching other people playing soccer on tv

Comment

Yeah that's what some people do in their free time. Most of us spend their free time on something they like. If someone doesn't like the things that you do in your free time, that doesn't make you a looser.

Something tells me you don't know much about life yet or you're behaving like a fool, with the risk people treating you like a child.

Comment

Originally posted by YikesDepartment View Post
                            Aint much different than sitting at home and watching other people playing soccer on tv
                            It's totally different. At least when you watch real people play it on TV, it doesn't make you look like a social outcast.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah that's what some people do in their free time. Most of us spend their free time on something they like. If someone doesn't like the things that you do in your free time, that doesn't make you a looser.

Something tells me you don't know much about life yet or you're behaving like a fool, with the risk people treating you like a child.
                            Nah, not really. The fact that you have such a problem with it is funny though. I'll post my opinion. I don't care if you disagree with it, but don't try to portray some Dr. Phil esque crap and "psychologically read me".

Couldn't be more wrong.

Comment

Working...
                            X