EU General Data Protection Regulation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EU General Data Protection Regulation

For the last two days I received a lot of e-mails from companies, and probably are scared by this new law, and told me to read their new privacy policies because of new EU regulations. While in fact the regulations did not change, the only addition is companies can get a fine and people can ask for money compensation when their personal info is not used in the correct way. They should have done that already for the last 15 years. Now, a new board has been created where users can submit their complain and the board is obligated to check this and give companies a warning or fine.

Example of an e-mail.

Starting on May 25, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the European Union’s new data protection law will come into force, requiring all companies receiving personal information from EU users to follow strict data regulations.
    <our company> is committed to protecting the data privacy of its users, and we've updated our privacy policies to make it easier for you to understand what data we collect and how we use it, as well as to better comply with the requirements of GDPR.
    Now an EU citizen can ask companies to hand over the personal info that's stored by that company and what they did with it, and how they protected that personal info. If companies don't want to cooperate, or if you find something in the data that's not right you can file a complaint. If a complaint has been declared well-founded, a fine will be imposed. With that fine the EU citizen can go to court and ask for compensation. The compensation is set extremely high, so that's the part companies are scared for.
    Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Re: EU General Data Protection Regulation

vicarious actions against dystopian info farming.. the CIA funded (((facebook))) for this very reason and (((hollywood))) sells the fantasy of (((mark zuckerberg))) being the founder...snap chat was made to create Facial recognition database for the government... if that's happening here im sure its happening every where... attacking companies is a false sense of duty for the citizens... a false defence....just like sports on television quells mens aggression and tribalism by proxy .Click image for larger version

Name:	prism-collection-dataflow-prism-slide-7.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	142.3 KB
ID:	150195

Comment

Working...
    X