Text Documentary: How lazytown helped my depression

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Text Documentary: How lazytown helped my depression

Back in the end of 2017, I was in an extremely depressed state. My dad lost his job, One of my friends moved to another city (still close tho ¯\_(ツ)_/¯) and another friend turned into a total b****. (idk if moderate swearing is allowed so I won't risk it )

Anyway, depressed state, yada yada. But a lot of that changed in July of 2017. Me being my stupid 13 year old self, from the age of 6 to the age of 9-10, I had questioned whether LazyTown existed since it stopped airing on NickJr, and then I confirmed that it did indeed existed after I saw airings of LazyTown on PBS kids and (primarily) Sprout.

Anyway, back to 2017. I was at my grandma's house when I first discovered memes like Windows XP and The Lorax. But LazyTown really took a shine to me, because it was my childhood from 2004 to 2009. It started with watching the original We Are Number One, and it evolved into YTP-like videos like We Are Number One but it's Windows XP by Caelan Wilson and We Are Number One but with realistic sound effects by A Blob. (copied from another forum)

Re: Text Documentary: How lazytown helped my depression

I'm glad LazyTown helped you shake off the depression :)

Comment

thats what happen to me... but i was like 19, my ex at the time moved out and it destroyed me, started drinking and doing hard drugs...i think i was coming down hard one saturday morning and stumbled onto the show and i fell in love with the music and the characters..so i always went back to it everytime i wanted to feel happiness and innocence.. ... its weird because Im not a nerd or a weabo but i never hid my love for lazytown in any case... that was 11 years ago ..

Comment

Great backstory. Ecstatic that LT helped you at a critical part of your life.

Comment

(Sorry for my bad english haha)
          I am currently in the same case. I've been betrayed by a lot of my friends and my best friend. I feel so useless and rejected and I remembered this TV show when I was little. I loved the meme about it and to have peace in my mind I looked at everything again ! I love this TV Show just for help me currently so much !

Comment

Working...
          X