Danish DVDs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danish DVDs

Today I went to pick up an important parcel.

Last Sunday I was randomly browsing the Danish ebay, and in my never-ending-quest to obtain the Danish DVD's of the show, I naturally had to do a search for "LazyTown".
    I was bummed to see the page show up with "Nothing Found", but after countless searches I was getting more and more used to this result.
    I was just about to navigate away from the page, when a small voice inside my brain said "Try searching in two word".
    So I went to the searchbar again, this time writing "Lazy Town".
    And that's when this little gem showed up.
    The listing was only 2 days old, so I knew I had to get in contact with the seller, before anyone beat me to it.
    The seller was demanding 100DKK for the lot - That's about 1,60USD per DVD!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	425.9 KB
ID:	153325

Today the package arrived, and they're all in absolute mint condition.
    Combined with the fact that these are the Nordic versions, with Danish, Swedish, Norwegian, and Finnish language, I can't help but think I made the bargain of the year.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20180505_094639.jpg
Size:	4.92 MB
ID:	153326Click image for larger version

Name:	20180505_094747.jpg
Size:	4.83 MB
ID:	153327
    I'm as sneaky as can be. None's sneakier than me.

Re: Story time!!!! Post what you did today!

Originally posted by Eri 絵利
    Happy viewing!!!
    lol, thanks.
    I've already seen all the episodes at least twice, with the Danish dub on top.
    I'm way more excited about the fact that my "mission" has finally come to an end, as I've been searching far and wide for all these DVD's almost 3 years now.
    They were out of stock on every single site online, and if you were lucky you could find a single one from a random marketplace.
    The complete collection is a rarity to find, which is why I knew I had to act.
    Especially since I've promised Parviz a couple of things... :p

Comment

Wow, I'm happy for you! Getting something you've wanted for years always feels good :)

Comment

Originally posted by Fox View Post

Last Sunday I was randomly browsing the Danish ebay, and in my never-ending-quest to obtain the Danish DVD's of the show, I naturally had to do a search for "LazyTown".
        I was bummed to see the page show up with "Nothing Found", but after countless searches I was getting more and more used to this result.
        I was just about to navigate away from the page, when a small voice inside my brain said "Try searching in two word".
        The listing was only 2 days old, so I knew I had to get in contact with the seller, before anyone beat me to it.
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]8588[/ATTACH]

Combined with the fact that these are the Nordic versions, with Danish, Swedish, Norwegian, and Finnish language, I can't help but think I made the bargain of the year.
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]8589[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8590[/ATTACH]
        dayum, nice find.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8588[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8589[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8590[/ATTACH]
          That's so rad. Amazing find.

Comment

Originally posted by YikesDepartment View Post
            That's so rad. Amazing find.
            Agreed! So it was $1,600 per DVD? You spent over $10,000 on this whole set?

Comment

Originally posted by Glanni Glæpur View Post
              $1.60 per DVD.

Comment

Originally posted by Pickelhaube808 View Post
                $1.60 per DVD.
                Oh, that's much more tame then. I love LT, but not THAT much.

Comment

You silly American..

Here in Europe we use a comma to separate the decimal values, and a period to separate the three digits in large numbers.
                  One thousand six hundred would be written $1.600 here in Europe.

I swear this issue has been brought up so many times, I wish you Americans would just use the right way instead of trying to always stand out.. :xd:
                  jk btw, i love 'merricans ♥

Comment

You silly American..

Here in Europe we use a comma to separate the decimal values, and a period to separate the three digits in large numbers.
                    One thousand six hundred would be written $1.600 here in Europe.

I swear this issue has been brought up so many times, I wish you Americans would just use the right way instead of trying to always stand out.. :xd:
                    jk btw, i love 'merricans ♥
                    Would hope you're kidding because I was going to go off on you for being a silly European who doesn't use the decimal point to separate three digits in large numbers.

Comment

Would hope you're kidding because I was going to go off on you for being a silly European who doesn't use the decimal point to separate three digits in large numbers.
                      I.... Wasn't kidding about that though. :ehmm:

Traditionally, English-speaking countries employed commas as the delimiter – 10,000 – and other European countries employed periods or spaces: 10.000 or 10000. Because of the confusion that could result in international documents, in recent years the use of spaces as separators has been advocated by the superseded SI/ISO 31-0 standard, which have also begun advocating the use of a "thin space" in "groups of three".
                      We should both correct our ways, and start using thin spaces instead it seems.. :p

Comment

Just use no commas like me and you'll be right. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Shakeitpiggy View Post
                          Just use no commas like me and you'll be right. :)
                          *double takes*

Comma gain?

Comment

Re: Danish DVDs

Oh, someone moved this to a dedicated thread. Neat.

Comment

Re: Danish DVDs

Can you share the 4 last volumes because we already have the first 6 volumes of season 1 (and all season two) on DVD (ISO/MKV files) and I'm tired of waiting.
                              Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X