Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garðabær LazyTown Studio on Fire

Since no one has posted it yet,
    News has arrived that the old LazyTown studio went up in flames today (5-4-2018).
    Thanks to Stingy for the notification!

Link To Article

Click image for larger version  Name:	AF05DC6C7BA77ED381D55A0B665FC6ABBC35693B93B0030533BBDEC019C0273C_713x0.jpg Views:	1 Size:	53.2 KB ID:	153317

I ran the article through google translate then touched it up so it made more sense:

"Substantial damage occurred in large-scale areas of more than five thousand square meters of commercial property in Garðabær on the ninth hour this morning. There are no sources of ignition, but sightwatchers became aware of explosions when the fire spread. Many people noticed fire spewing meters from the top of the building when it happened . No one was seriously injured in the fire.

All available fire departments were called out, but soon it became clear that it was becoming uncontrollable. Thick black smoke was from the premises located in Miðhraun 4 in Garðabæ. The smoke was seen widely in the capital area.

In the premises there were about two hundred storage spaces held by Geymslna ehf., Warehouse and icewear shop as well as Marels' favorite figure. The employees of Marels and Icewear had to break out of the building using their feet to break windows to escape from the fire.

It is apparent that a large number of people have lost their property, even whole homes, in a storage facility. Then Icewear's chief executive said the loss would have a significant impact on the company, as there was substantial damage. The largest part of the property is owned by Regins, who believes that the building is unusable now.

At noon, the building caught fire, but the signal for help was received from Isavia's fire department at Reykjavík Airport as well as from Brunavörnum Árnessýsla. There were a lot of firefighters in the building, and the fire department had to tear the roof of the building to facilitate fire fighting.

The fire brigade will continue to operate in the evening until night and night to ensure that all the fires have been extinguished."

As far as I know, there was most likely no LazyTown material still inside the building.

More Images:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	9BAAD1B6A3EEBFEE77E3BFF09DDBA4A7987E31672ECB39BB22E9F674736B9713_713x0.jpg Views:	1 Size:	68.3 KB ID:	153319
    Click image for larger version  Name:	81F23D0737E45DF614A013C9B91E4BC0E4252EA5929893E7C59C1BFF59C9471F_713x0.jpg Views:	1 Size:	78.7 KB ID:	153320
    Click image for larger version  Name:	4696D5E9DFF48A9CB488C230D8D0B2A78D38D717D94ACB38EB0CB26C9BF71681_713x0.jpg Views:	1 Size:	38.4 KB ID:	153321
    Click image for larger version  Name:	96669E2E56FF136844E0D36C9A9CE50948076866406503C0A4398491A7F95337_713x0.jpg Views:	1 Size:	104.0 KB ID:	153322
    Click image for larger version  Name:	AF05DC6C7BA77ED381D55A0B665FC6ABBC35693B93B0030533BBDEC019C0273C_713x0.jpg Views:	1 Size:	53.2 KB ID:	153317
    Click image for larger version  Name:	CCD7ACE356C3469B3C0984F872AEFBB6A50E5A7FCDFDFF4E148E950176FCF1B3_713x0.jpg Views:	1 Size:	78.8 KB ID:	153323

Videos:
    http://www.visir.is/section/MEDIA99?fileid=CLP62067

http://www.visir.is/section/MEDIA99?fileid=CLP62065

Click image for larger version  Name:	Animated GIF-downsized_large.gif Views:	1 Size:	5.33 MB ID:	153318
    (Is this the window where Chloe dropped a balloon and some other things from a few years back?)

Re: Garðabær on Fire

Oh wow, that is awful! Glad to hear there were no serious injuries.

Comment

(Is officially scared for life)

Comment

A lot of fires in recent times... On March 25 in Kemerovo (a city not far from me) a shopping center burned in which more than 50 people died (most of them children)... Then throughout the country, centers, automobile salons ... And now the shooting pavilion in Iceland. What happens in the world??

Comment

Garðabær on Fire

Crap

Comment

Originally posted by Pickelhaube808 View Post
            The employees of Marels and Icewear had to break out of the building using their feet to break windows to escape from the fire.
            That's terrifying.

Originally posted by Pickelhaube808 View Post
            It is apparent that a large number of people have lost their property, even whole homes, in a storage facility.
            I was considering renting a storage facility to sleep in as my neighbours dogs bark that much, but then, I think in a part of London there was a massive fire at a storage facility, so that plan was a no go.
            Maybe arsonists start a fire as a smoke screen to try and steal people's belongings? You have to tell whatever company it is what youre using their facility to store, so you never know.
            Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
            Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

LazyTown studio fire

This happened almost a year ago, but I just found out and nobody has posted about it here yet. The building at Miðhraun 4 in Garðabær, where the LazyTown studio was located, burnt down in a fire in 2018. It had been sold to new owners and converted to a self-storage centre and Icewear store, but was still the same building.

English article:
              https://icelandmonitor.mbl.is/news/n...r_gardabaer_f/

More photos:
              https://www.frettabladid.is/frettir/...tum-i-mihrauni

This is a really dark ending to LazyTown. I had no idea. It's no longer possible to go and see the building where the show was made.

Comment

Re: LazyTown studio fire

Originally posted by bleikt hár View Post
                LazyTown studio fire

This happened almost a year ago, but I just found out and nobody has posted about it here yet.
                There is a topic about this > merged

Comment

More than a year ago. The cause has not been found or written anywhere but one article says that the water spray system was disabled. It's probably the reason that the fire could easily spread through the building. It was disabled at the very start, when LazyTown had moved in. Maybe as precaution that the water spray system may go off during recording.

http://www.ruv.is/frett/krefja-geyms...illjonir-krona

Water Spray system disabled but never renewed

Storage facilities released an advertisement in 2005 stating that the company complied with the strictest safety requirements with regard to fire, burglary, water leakage and other aspects of the storage facility at Miðhraun 4. Sixteen safety cameras were on site and all movements were stored on a computer, as stated comes into the policy.

Furthermore, it says that the original fire design of the house has provided for a water spray system in the entire building. However, it was changed when LazyTown started work in the premises.

When Drífa hf., Which operated activities under the brand name Icewear and had a warehouse in the premises, moved to the premises, the system was not re-installed but let it sit that the premises was without a water spray system.

Ads that the premises were adhered to the strictest safety requirements with regard to fire would have meant that consumers believed that their possessions were well secured and in good hands, but that was not the case. The company may have realized that the stock of icewear located in neighboring premises could create a fire hazard to unchanged fire protection.

----

Vatnsúðakerfi gert óvirkt en aldrei endurnýjað

Geymslur sendu frá sér auglýsingu árið 2005 þar sem kom fram að félagið fylgdi ströngustu öryggiskröfum með tilliti til bruna, innbrota, vatnsleka og annarra þátta í geymsluhúsnæðinu að Miðhrauni 4. Sextán öryggismyndavélar væru á staðnum og allar hreyfingar væru vistaðar á tölvu, að því er fram kemur í stefnunni.

Þá segir jafnframt að upphafleg brunahönnun hússins hafi gert ráð fyrir vatnsúðakerfi í öllu húsinu. Því hafi hins vegar verið breytt þegar Latibær hafi hafið starfsemi í húsnæðinu.

Þegar Drífa hf., sem rak starfsemi undir merkjum Icewear og var með lager í húsnæðinu, flutti í húsnæðið var kerfið ekki sett upp að nýju heldur látið við það sitja að húsnæðið væri án vatnsúðakerfis.

Auglýsingar þess efnis að í húsnæðinu væri fylgt ströngustu öryggiskröfum með tilliti til bruna hefðu gert það að verkum að neytendur væru í þeirri trú að eigur þeirra væru vel tryggðar og í góðum höndum, en svo hafi ekki verið. Félaginu hafi mátt vera ljóst að lager Icewear sem staðsettur var í nærliggjandi húsnæði gæti skapað eldhættu að óbreyttum brunavörnum.
                  Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

I hope no Lazy Town artifacts were in there...

Comment

I legit hope no remains from the filming of LazyTown were in there when the place went up in flames

Comment

Originally posted by R0bbi3R0ttenFan335 View Post
                        I legit hope no remains from the filming of LazyTown were in there when the place went up in flames
                        I do believe there were some things from production in storage that were still in the building during the time of the fire...
                        But I can't say that for certain.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazy4Ever View Post
                          I do believe there were some things from production in storage that were still in the building during the time of the fire...
                          But I can't say that for certain.
                          Um, yeah. I postulate that you are just assuming, but if not, do you have any proof of this?

Comment

What the disney???

- - - Updated - - -

All I have to say is pray to god that the studio restores and they get a new actor for Robbie Rotten and their own Movie.

Comment

The fact the fire people are having a break in the first image..
                              It would be okay if it was some trashy studio like Disney.. BUT LAZYTOWN IS UNACEPTABLE! GET YOUR LAZY BUTTS OF THAT CHAIR AND BACK TO WORK!!
                              MY ACTION MOVIE REVIEW BLOG | MY SPORTACUS FAN-SITE

Comment

Working...
                              X