Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If a Lazytown S5 was made by the people who own LZT, what would be your reaction?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: If a Lazytown S5 was made by the people who own LZT, what would be your reaction?

The idea of "it's just not the same" is valid. All that means is that they dislike whatever has changed, but can't really say why. On paper, it's all there, but there's just something... missing. What's missing in these cases is the "x factor." Though not exactly definable, the idea of an x factor is very real. Using the Chloe vs. Julianna example above, Julianna's performance as Stephanie had an x factor to it. Can you really say what it was? You can explain around it, but at the core there's something that you can't quite put your finger on that really gave it a pizzazz. Stefan Karl has an x factor as Robbie too. They're not the only ones either, there are plenty of individuals who have that special something. LazyTown as a whole had an x factor to it, though more some times and less other times in the series' run. It's the missing piece of the puzzle in the saying, "the whole is greater than the sum of its parts." If a new incarnation of LazyTown doesn't have "it," whatever "it" is, people will notice, and will say things like "it's just not the same."

Comment

Re: If a Lazytown S5 was made by the people who own LZT, what would be your reaction?

I agree about the x-factor thing, its what we call having ''duende'' in which a performer/performance makes you smile, feels authentic, with a charm and soul but you don't know why, it's a mysterious power that all feel but can't explain.
      But ''it's not the same'' doesn't always mean is bad. I know a movie that has 2 dubbings in Spanish, and are completely different, I like the older dubbing because i always watched it like that and the new one ''it's not the same'' for me, but I have friends who watched it with the new dubbing and prefer it over the old one. So both are good.

Comment

I'd be excited and intrigued, but I'd be concerned as to how the show would work without Stefan.

Comment

new adventures and more stories of this wonderful series, starring in a new sportacus, but the creator would always be Mr. Scheving.

Comment

I would wonder who the new actor for Robbie Rotten would be.

Comment

It would be a dream come true. I already got TCC Back.

Comment

Yessss, I'd be down for it but it would be sad not having Robbie Rotten, or at least the Robbie Rotten we all know and love.

Comment

Originally posted by Tombo View Post
                  Yessss, I'd be down for it but it would be sad not having Robbie Rotten, or at least the Robbie Rotten we all know and love.
                  They need a full new cast. But it's hard to get the same high standard or the actors must be very good or very different.
                  Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Working...
                  X