No announcement yet.

Everyone should be active like Sportacus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dunno about that. In my school, except for dancing lessons (which were apparently so we wouldn't embarrass ourselves at our year 6 and 12 farewells *snerk*), the point of PE (Physical Education) seemed to be exercise itself, always forms that few people seemed to enjoy. The learning about healthy habits and the like happened in PDH (Personal Development and Health), which was a different subject, and happened in a classroom.
    Kids have always hated school, that's nothing new.

Comment

Originally posted by kelly
      I dunno about that. In my school, except for dancing lessons (which were apparently so we wouldn't embarrass ourselves at our year 6 and 12 farewells *snerk*), the point of PE (Physical Education) seemed to be exercise itself, always forms that few people seemed to enjoy. The learning about healthy habits and the like happened in PDH (Personal Development and Health), which was a different subject, and happened in a classroom.
      Kids have always hated school, that's nothing new.
      Oh I see, at my school, when I had PE, it would switch off, one day of gym and then one day of Health Class, so they tried to work together

Comment

I dunno, PE wasn't unpleasant at my school. I took strength training, which was great. Good excercise without needing all the coordination associated with sports. (My coordination ends at my knuckles.)

Comment

You got to choose what to do?

Comment

Originally posted by moomoo
            You got to choose what to do?
            Yeah, we actually had a ton of options. The losers took fitness walking. Some people did bowling (it got cancelled though, rates at the alley went up too high), then there were men's sports, women's sports, swimming, tennis/volleyball, and I think they were going to add a lifetime sports class (archery, golf, and the like.) We had it pretty good.

Comment

I remember doing bowling, even got to play video games in the arcade (the school didn't have their own bowling alley). Kinda stupid though the teachers never taught us the rules or how to throw the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Elsiar
                @Robbie: Well, It's not just the PE teachers you know
                I suxorz at sports (to say the least)
                And I was one of the weaker kids, so you could get picked on in PE by the Stronger kids
                Being the weakest kid in class...Q.E.D
                that was exactly my problem as well... i hated gym because i was always rather weak, and always one of the smallest kids in my class. i failed at nearly every sport, and i never had any energy. (which is why i wish i had LazyTown to teach me about eating healthy when i was kid... but better late than never, right?) by junior high i had taken up rarely changing for class so then i wouldn't have to do it as often. by the end of eighth grade i was sitting out just watching everyone else play. in high school i never had p.e. i avoided it like the plague. lol.

it's funny that i got him again, cause i clicked "Play on the computer" and "Shy" and "Making a fool of yourself" and here's the kicker... "To impress the one you have a crush on" and i STILL got Robbie! lawl. (i was kinda expecting to get pixel.)

Comment

Working...
                X