Everyone should be active like Sportacus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everyone should be active like Sportacus

My favorite character may be Robbie Rotten, but I fit the profile of Sportacus much better. I'm always trying to get the younger kids in my neighborhood away from their televisions and outside to play. The way I see it everyone should be active, and I look forward to a world where we have rid ourselves of those that are lazy.

Originally posted by RobbieMegaRotten
    My favorite character may be Robbie Rotten, but I fit the profile of Sportacus much better. I'm always trying to get the younger kids in my neighborhood away from their televisions and outside to play. The way I see it everyone should be active, and I look forward to a world where we have rid ourselves of those that are lazy.
    Is there a horrible fatty massacre coming?

Comment

What? Why would you suggest such a thing? It is our duty to save as many as we can. We can't just kill them.

Comment

What? Why would you suggest such a thing? It is our duty to save as many as we can. We can't just kill them.
        it was a joke, I'd never suggest something like that

Comment

Yes, I thought it might have been. Still, things such as genocide are generally frowned upon. Rehabilitation will just have to be the way we must deal with this issue.

Comment

Yes, I thought it might have been. Still, things such as genocide are generally frowned upon. Rehabilitation will just have to be the way we must deal with this issue.
            It seems to me that those that want to be active and healthy already are. As for those that aren't, well, that's thier choice. You can only do so much...

Comment

There are many children who are lazy due to bad parenting and bad communities. There are also many who don't get active becase they just don't understand the appeal of activity and won't attempt to. Think of it like this, ever try and get a friend into Lazytown? Of course they would love it, but they don't understand it and are unwilling to give it a chance. It is the same with many people and video games (which isn't such a bad thing, just saying this for comparison). Even I fancy myself a game of Civilization 4 on the weekends.

This is why we must teach others to like activity. I applaud the idea of physical education in schools, forcing kids to be active and excersise. My problem with it is that it focuses more on making the strong kids stronger, and less on teaching the weaker kids how to want to be strong. Every PE teacher I've seen in my life simply failed weaker kids.

Comment

@Robbie: Well, It's not just the PE teachers you know
                I suxorz at sports (to say the least)
                And I was one of the weaker kids, so you could get picked on in PE by the Stronger kids
                Being the weakest kid in class...Q.E.D

Comment

I find my self like a tree. I'm in ur neighborhoodz. Eatin ur carbon dioxide and makin' ur oxygen.

Honestly, though, I don't see myself in any of the characters aside from both Robbie and Sportacus at once if any.

Comment

There are many children who are lazy due to bad parenting and bad communities. There are also many who don't get active becase they just don't understand the appeal of activity and won't attempt to. Think of it like this, ever try and get a friend into Lazytown? Of course they would love it, but they don't understand it and are unwilling to give it a chance. It is the same with many people and video games (which isn't such a bad thing, just saying this for comparison). Even I fancy myself a game of Civilization 4 on the weekends.

This is why we must teach others to like activity. I applaud the idea of physical education in schools, forcing kids to be active and excersise. My problem with it is that it focuses more on making the strong kids stronger, and less on teaching the weaker kids how to want to be strong. Every PE teacher I've seen in my life simply failed weaker kids.
                    That's a very inspiring read, though I can hardly imagine myself doing that :?

Also, CIV 3 > CIV 4

Comment

I applaud the idea of physical education in schools, forcing kids to be active and excersise.
                      That's half my problem. Exercise was schoolwork and I hated it.

Comment

Yeah, same here. I was a skinny little weak kid with a fear of falling and a lousy form.

Comment

I was an overweight kid. In highschool, I used to skip every PE lesson. I got in a lot of trouble because of this. Even though its not part of the curriculum, I almost got kicked out of school. Even still, this was the time I lost the most weight, mostly cause I had a paper route every morning. I don't think PE should be enforced in school, it just makes it more of a chore than fun.

Comment

PE could, in theory, be less traumatic, but the mere fact it's school makes that hard. It's easy to stumble along to the Bing Bang when you're alone, it's awful trying to concentrate on dancing when you're holding hands with a boy you don't like (or worse, a boy you're friends with) and you know if you stuff it up your entire peer group is watching. And actual competitive events? It was less embarrassing not to try properly at all (think the bit in the 'Daria' theme where she's playing volleyball or whatever).

Comment

The point of PE is to teach you a healthy lifestyle, but the thing is, that most schools fail at this. Most kids don't wanna learn in school

Comment

Working...
                              X