Linux?! In MY Lazy Town?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux?! In MY Lazy Town?!

I screen-capped that from "Sportacus Who?" towards the end. It's funny, because that is a real Linux boot thingy...

Yeah... um... anyway...

Re: Linux?! In MY Lazy Town?!

It is? Really? LOL

Comment

hey can u screen capture some stephanie shoe pics for me

Comment

that waz my neise sayin that
        besides its true
        they ar using that

Comment

I'm going to show my cuz. He lives on Linux...plus he will laugh

Comment

Ok, seriously, let's get of this foot thing.

Comment

lol, yup....my cuz says that's the kernel (or something) loading up. It's funny you can see the date there (Nov 15)...I remember seeing some websites where it tells you when each episode is recorded...I wonder if that is right according to this lol

Comment

Reminds me of this bash quote:

http://bash.org/?673372

Comment

Originally posted by moomoo
                  Reminds me of this bash quote:

http://bash.org/?673372
                  Hahaha.

Comment

CJ: You can see it says Debian, so it's either Debian, or a Debian-based distribution like Ubuntu. Also the date is when that kernel was compiled, not the day they booted the system, so unless the LazyTown people compiled the kernel themselves that morning, it was filmed after the date you see there. I'm pretty sure they finished filming that episode by the end of 2004 though, so it must have not been too much after.

Also, you can tell Pixel uses Linux in the pixelspix.com episode when he starts doing stuff on his computer. He brings up a terminal window and is typing real commands. It was nice to see when so many movies/TV shows just do nonsense stuff on the computer, he was doing real stuff. Like when he said he was compiling something, he was actually compiling something. At the end he says he's shutting down the network, and the command he enters is the correct command to shut down the network on a Linux machine. I love that

Comment

Also, you can tell Pixel uses Linux in the pixelspix.com episode when he starts doing stuff on his computer. He brings up a terminal window and is typing real commands.
                      I have a low-res version, so I can't read it...

Comment

Originally posted by CJVercetti
                        It's pretty funny that he uses real linux commands, because then they'll make his character say something like, "you can download Jpgs are broadband data rates!" Which makes senese -- kind of. He says other things that sound like a bunch of random computer jargon thrown into a sentence, if I could remember I'd post 'em.

Is Debian or Ubuntu for Mac? Because Pixel uses a Power PC [as he states in Gizmo Guy]. He really should upgrade to the Intel chip :?
                        True, he does say some computer nonsense, but a lot of what he says is legit, which is not normal for TV. I don't think PowerPC machines use APIC, so judging from the screenshot I'd say he is using an Intel machine of some sort. I wouldn't read too much into the Gizmo song, Power PC just rhymed well there.

To answer your question though, Debian does have a Mac version, and Ubuntu just runs on x86 (Intel/AMD) and SPARC (mostly Sun) machines.

Comment

"I'll reconfigure my motherboard to process an enriched data flow!"

Comment

Give me a CD
                            A gig of DVD

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Tindell
                              Give me a CD
                              A gig, a DVD
                              corrected
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X