Blockchain-based platforms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blockchain-based platforms

I wonder if any of you members are on one or more platforms that uses some blockchain currency , and earn rewards by doing some activity.

Like the Steem blockchain. The money is created in the form of a cryptocurrency:
    http://utopian.io (for creators of software)
    https://steemit.com (blog platform)
    This used to be a hype last year where you could make a lot of money by making interesting blogs, but the value decreased at the start of 2017. So if you're a very active blogger you can make like $100 to $1000 per month.
    https://d.tube (make money with uploading videos)

Also, you can use the super fast browser brave at https://brave.com. Brave blocks trackers, ads etc. by default.
    Brave is working on its own blockchain-based coin/currency, and quote: "soon you will be able to opt into a new blockchain-based digital advertising system, giving users a share of the ad revenue for their attention" , so that's also a good part of it
    Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Re: Blockchain-based platforms

Have you ever tried d.tube?

Comment

Originally posted by SollaMega View Post
      Have you ever tried d.tube?
      I haven't tried DTube yet. I started on different sites, different blockchain crypto-currencies, and a lot of them doesn't do well, yet. All blockchain currencies and its value can be found on poloniex.com, if you're interested.

The steem coin did well last year after the pay-outs in July, a lot of people went in and the value of the coin increased somewhere around $4 per steem coin, but after a while it dropped to $0.10 around January this year. It's the supply and demand issue, same with the bitcoin.

If you have a community behind you, you can make a lot of money on those platforms. The expectation is that the value of, for example, the steem coin increases to $10 per steem next year. So if you make $500 dollar for blog right now you will understand what that blog is worth next year. Some blogs are just a few lines of text and 6 or 7 photos of a vacation. If you have a lot of followers that like and comment the value of the blog increases, so a good community behind it is necessary.
      Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

I found another blockchain crypto-currencies where you can earn money by translating apps, documents and etc. So, if you're interested, just click here for site: crowdin.com

I don't really understand the concept of these crypto-currencies. You do (work on) something, and they give some points which you will exchange them into money, is that right?

Comment

There are probably more than one hundred crypto-currencies. Some currencies do have a website, like a blog, as base to let more people use it.

For example on Steemit, if you make something that you can post (blog, piece of software etc.), people can like and comment to your post. Evey time that this happens you earn money, but some likes and comments weigh heavier than others. Also the first people that like your story earn 25% in total of your earned money, so it stimulates people to like and comment. Every month there is payout and you can transfer to regular currency.

When you register at Steemit, you get $10 in steem coins for free. You can keep it and do nothing or try to make more of it. I bet other site work that way too. Some have a threshold before they payout.

More explanation here:
          https://steemit.com/money/@hercmagnu...-what-the-feck

Comment

They didn't give me $10 when I finished with approving

Comment

Originally posted by SollaMega View Post
              They didn't give me $10 when I finished with approving
              Hey you joined!
              I guess they changed the registration bonus because I can't find it on their info page.

Comment

Working...
              X