The World Goes Round (Minus3 Mix)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The World Goes Round (Minus3 Mix)

I think that the song The World Goes Round sounds really nice when shifted down 3 semitones. Obviously the song is inspired by 1960/70's bubblegum pop, but when shifted down, it gives the effect of the vocals sounding more adult and "normal", and I think it makes the song sound like it was plucked right off a real-world variety show from that era. Hope you like it.

Re: The World Goes Round (Minus3 Mix)

Everything always sounds better a semitone or two. =)

Comment

Wow....
      That just proves songs can sound even better when a few semitones down.
      I really like it :)

Comment

Removing the dance sequence was an excellent touch. This is awesome

Comment

This sounds really weird. Stingy's voice sounds really nasally and weird and the Stephanie's high harmony in the chorus sounds weird.

The backing vocals, on the other hand, sound pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by TheOtter View Post
            Stingy's voice sounds really nasally and weird.
            I thought most of the time, Stingy sounded pretty much like Jodi when pitched down. Unless you're saying his voice is really nasally and weird ;)

Comment

Planning to sing this at school talent show as I can sing better lower.
              Wish me luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Stingy View Post
                I thought most of the time, Stingy sounded pretty much like Jodi when pitched down. Unless you're saying his voice is really nasally and weird ;)
                To me, Jodi's actual voice sounds richer and less nasal, and somewhat further removed from Stingy's voice. It seems like the voice he puts on for Stingy is not only higher but also more nasally.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsAllMine View Post
                  Wish me luck.
                  Ooh good luck! You singing it as a band? and with the awesome harmonies?

- - - Updated - - -

In practice, the original key is better for rock bands, who tend to play in sharp keys like E major, which is the original key. Taking it down 3 semitones makes it D flat major which is a lot trickier for guitarists. Stingy has a very low voice for a 10 yr old.

Comment

We plan to sing it as a band as we planned to sing this before in the original style, but I suggested this and It look's like were doing this now.

Comment

We plan to sing it as a band as we planned to sing this before in the original style, but I suggested this and It look's like were doing this now.
                      Glad you are playing this, real courage to be honest I respect for this and I hope it goes well

Comment

Wish me luck.
                        Here is the song in 6 keys, each 1 semitone lower than the previous. Hopefully you can find one that works well for you guys.

Comment

:cheerleader: Takk man!

Comment

Working...
                          X