LazyTown MCPE Add-On - Ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LazyTown MCPE Add-On - Ideas?

I do understand that there are a few LazyTown x Minecraft threads but what I'm planning on doing is different. I'm getting into Minecraft Add-On development (wait, is that too strong a term? Ah whatever.) and am thinking of making a LazyTown add-on as a starter project. If you don't know what add-ons are then look at this page and some info on the all-mighty Minecraft Wiki.

However, I'm seem to be having writer's/artist's block (miner's block? ) because I have no idea where to start, so I figured I might as well ask the GetLazy community. What should I add to this add-on?

As a start to this thread, I've made a poll to show what type of add-on people want the most. When it expires, feel free to discuss any ideas for that particular add-on type.
    Resource Pack
    75.00%
    Model Pack
    0.00%
    Behaviour Pack
    25.00%

The poll is expired.

Re: LazyTown MCPE Add-On - Ideas?

Make all signs triagonal and make the zombies and creepers dress like Robbie.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay Guzmán View Post
      Make all signs triagonal and make the zombies and creepers dress like Robbie.
      That could be a valid option. Thanks for the idea!

Comment

No offence, but by choosing to do an 'add-on' you are seriously limiting yourself.

I suggest actual PC Minecraft 'modding' with Forge, which will give you much more control and input over the game.

Comment

Originally posted by TheOtter View Post
          No offence, but by choosing to do an 'add-on' you are seriously limiting yourself.

I suggest actual PC Minecraft 'modding' with Forge, which will give you much more control and input over the game.
          Although I understand that Forge lets you do more, I know nothing about coding a mod - just editing the game's existing files using add-on packs provided by Mojang. Furthermore, some users only have the mobile edition of Minecraft, which can install add-ons but not Forge (last time I checked). When I learn more about Java I'll definitely give Forge modding a shot, though!

Comment

Originally posted by Petey View Post
            Furthermore, some users only have the mobile edition of Minecraft, which can install add-ons but not Forge (last time I checked).
            Yeah, that's the issue with not officially supporting modding in a device where you can't actually access application files.

When I learn more about Java I'll definitely give Forge modding a shot, though!
            You don't really need to know Java to mod - you just need to be fairly familiar with the syntax (basically C's) and have lots of internet access. But yeah, good luck.

Comment

Although I understand that Forge lets you do more, I know nothing about coding a mod - just editing the game's existing files using add-on packs provided by Mojang. Furthermore, some users only have the mobile edition of Minecraft, which can install add-ons but not Forge (last time I checked). When I learn more about Java I'll definitely give Forge modding a shot, though!
              Creating an MCJE mod would be cool. I have a lot of ideas for features, like adding the LT characters as mobs, and a world type where the Overworld is the same as the LT universe’s Earth in terrain and structures. For example, Stingy would try to kill you if you look in the chests in his house. He likes stealing from your chests, too. Robbie Rotten would be a miniboss. These mobs would be invincible except for Robbie. You can also trade with Pixel, Stephanie and Sportacus like Villagers, and they would sell redstone components, cakes and their ingredients and fruits and vegetables, respectively. I have a lot of ideas, so I’ll talk about more of those later.

Comment

I chose the resource pack.

Comment

Working...
                X