Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you were in charge of LT when it aired, would you have done anything differently?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you were in charge of LT when it aired, would you have done anything differently?

Anything from episode plots to promotion to actors and characters... just imagine it's 2004 and you're the lord of all LazyTown.

Re: If you were in charge of LT when it aired, would you have done anything different

Animated, less health education, Jives, good/a little more profound story and characters...
    So basically the way I would've enjoyed it the most, but maybe not what Magnús intended LazyTown to be.

Comment

Re: If you were in charge of LT when it aired, would you have done anything different

simple, bring back jives, hannin and eyrún lol

Comment

I’d just bring back Jives and other Latibær characters.

I might also do Season 3 in 2008/09 and Season 4 in 2010/11 with Juliana as Stephanie.

Chloe Land would be Stephanie on Seasons 5 and 6 in 2012/13 and 2014/15 respectively.

Robbie’s Dream Team would be in Season 6 and LazyTown would still be in Nickelodeon.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutiejea
          More lowkey flirting between Sporto and Robbo
          "More" lol

Comment

Jol i Latibae: The stage play

Comment

I would've replaced Stephanie for season 2 and Extra. No offence, but Julianna looked way too old to be playing an 8-year old in both of them.

I would've also done more character development and more plots that didn't relate to health issues.

Also, I would've tried to cram more seasons in. Like maybe 6 or so. I dunno, as many as possible.

I also would've tried to get Mani to make more songs (so that there's 1 per episode in every season).

Comment

Harden Sportacus, remove educational content, move to an after-school timeslot (like 5pm).

Cast aside the creator's intended purpose for the show. Make it pure entertainment. Market to boys/girls ages 8-12, employing complete market freedom. Sell at burger king - make t-shirts - create video games - toy contracts - the works. Never compromise. Never alter lazytown's direction based on any negative reaction you're getting on the internet. Require the viewing public be forced to keep up with you rather than the other way around. Gobsmack them. Spin their (sadly not puppet like) heads around. Have them sitting there with their mouths agape asking, what in the bloody hell did I just watch?

Comment

Originally posted by UnLearnEd View Post
                  Harden Sportacus, remove educational content, move to an after-school timeslot (like 5pm).

Cast aside the creator's intended purpose for the show. Make it pure entertainment. Market to boys/girls ages 8-12, employing complete market freedom. Sell at burger king - make t-shirts - create video games - toy contracts - the works. Never compromise. Never alter lazytown's direction based on any negative reaction you're getting on the internet. Require the viewing public be forced to keep up with you rather than the other way around. Gobsmack them. Spin their (sadly not puppet like) heads around. Have them sitting there with their mouths agape asking, what in the bloody hell did I just watch?
                  I agree on most of it except for the Burger King part. Avoid contact with companies that do the opposite of what you believe in.
                  Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Yes, and making Sportacus more of a super hero, he would have way more fanbase, because he would be liked by kids, teens, and adults. And honestly I think kids not being active its not a bigger problem than teens not being active, most kids are active and play in the park running, etc, its a lot of teenagers now that are very lazy and don't do physical activity. And all those teens would like the show if it was aimed at more mature audience, and the kid won't stop liking it, just like they like Spiderman, Batman etc. And in the end spreading the message to more people and to people that really need to do exercise more than kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Ludwig View Post
                      Yes, and making Sportacus more of a super hero, he would have way more fanbase, because he would be liked by kids, teens, and adults. And honestly I think kids not being active its not a bigger problem than teens not being active, most kids are active and play in the park running, etc, its a lot of teenagers now that are very lazy and don't do physical activity. And all those teens would like the show if it was aimed at more mature audience, and the kid won't stop liking it, just like they like Spiderman, Batman etc. And in the end spreading the message to more people and to people that really need to do exercise more than kids.
                      this is honestly great, i agree with this a lot cos i think teens need the message the show has as well these days

Comment

Originally posted by comiccominc View Post
                        this is honestly great, i agree with this a lot cos i think teens need the message the show has as well these days
                        When it aired this current generation of teenagers was the target audience. So the kids grew up to be just like Robbie Rotten, if what you are telling me is correct. I feel like if they had geared LazyTown towards teens, they'd add romances or something silly to make it more appealing. Show doesn't need it. As I said Sportacus can stand some de-squishifying. However, if this meant killing the quaint nature of his LazyTown interactions I'd strongly oppose the change.

A hard boycott on companies makes no sense however. For instance, Burger King was creating toy promotions for Nickelodeon properties. Against their own interest they offered healthy choice options. Have it your way = freedom. Toy creations were mostly thoughtful. For instance an around the world, international theme fits perfectly with LazyTown.

Click image for larger version

Name:	sbpromo.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	262.5 KB
ID:	150039

Comment

Easy. I would have removed the break-it-downs in the S3 songs. They're not relevant to the songs at all, just fillers in my eyes! :s

EDIT: 1 day, 1 hour and 25 minutes later I realised that you meant if I was in charge in 2004. Oopsie. I can't really think of anything in particular for that.

Comment

When it aired this current generation of teenagers was the target audience. So the kids grew up to be just like Robbie Rotten, if what you are telling me is correct. I feel like if they had geared LazyTown towards teens, they'd add romances or something silly to make it more appealing. Show doesn't need it. As I said Sportacus can stand some de-squishifying. However, if this meant killing the quaint nature of his LazyTown interactions I'd strongly oppose the change.

A hard boycott on companies makes no sense however. For instance, Burger King was creating toy promotions for Nickelodeon properties. Against their own interest they offered healthy choice options. Have it your way = freedom. Toy creations were mostly thoughtful. For instance an around the world, international theme fits perfectly with LazyTown.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7836[/ATTACH]
                            The kids either if they watched or not LazyTown they tend to be active, playing on teams playing more on recess not just sitting and talking, etc. Regardless if the teens of today watched LazyTown or not, it doesn't matter at all, because they will eventually stop watching it, no 10-16 year old watches LazyTown or are very very few, and with the new technologies they met friends who play video games or chat all day or whatever, and they join them, if they watched LazyTown or not is irrelevant because they won't even remember it, and if they have parents or an environment who don't care about these things they'll end up being inactive teens.
                            My point is that by making it for a bigger audience, you get to raise awareness of this problem to the teenagers and their parents, and they get to make a transition between the naturally more active period of being a kid to a teenager era where there is a BIG icon in Sportacus that gets them or reminds them the message of doing Sports is fun, healthy, eat right and balanced, etc. If the show is cool for them they'll watch it, and also kids would watch it.
                            And all this uniqueness of the show of now is the less important thing. If necessary, I would completely change the name of the show, Sportacus and add/delete/change characters and sacrifice all the iconic things and what makes the show unique right now, and make it a comedy/romance or the most mainstream show or whatever silly thing, if that means the show is more appealing for more people and the message gets trough better, and trough more people, because in the end that is the purpose of it.
                            And make contracts with sporting material/clothes brands to win prizes like tickets to sporting events or something like that. Or contracts with cereal brands to put a product with your trademark on the box, idk maybe a jumping rope or a ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Ludwig View Post
                              change the name of the show, Sportacus and add/delete/change characters and sacrifice all the iconic things and what makes the show unique right now, and make it a comedy/romance or the most mainstream show or whatever silly thing
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	LTnextgen.png
Views:	1
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	150042

Comment

Working...
                              X