Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think the LazyTown cartoon should be like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think the LazyTown cartoon should be like?

a simple formula

:::Kids plan some activity, Robbie schemes to counter it (w/disguise), Kids become involved in Robbie's ploy, Kids (w/ Sportacus help) triumph over Robbie:::

-Every story must exist inside LazyTown, all cast of characters must be series regulars, each episode is the same length.

including:
    1 music video (directly referencing the theme of the episode)
    1 action montage (placed at the pinnacle of Robbie's scheme)
    1 bing bang dance (to signify the story has concluded)

The show is a graceful dance between movement & dialogue. Because the previous puppet characters have gained movement, this should be receive heightened attention; remembering that LazyTown's strength is often comedy play, or sincerity, between characters. Dance choreography to be notched up in complexity. The score should conduct what is happening on screen. Meaning the animation & writing follows the spirit of the musical compositions to achieve an episode's unique fingerprint .

I'd like 2d characters drawn onto a 3d LazyTown. The objects might be rendered like CG on the original show, but obviously the bg is different.

montage example: Say the kids decided to plant a farm. Robbie took over. (obv ignore the music)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTfWwhNJmpY

I think Class of 3000 has the right idea in theory. Storybook designs probably work better.
    Imagine an intro that went right to the the roots of neighborhood cartoons (i.e fat albert, etc.)

Picture the first guy as stingy, second trixie and so on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TXy1s_YBvY

Do you think it should be 11 minute segments or 20 minute segments?

Comment

Originally posted by Stingy View Post
      20 minutes for "special" episodes (ie. LT's New Superhero), and 11 for regular episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsBeboy View Post
        20 minutes for "special" episodes (ie. LT's New Superhero), and 11 for regular episodes.
        I agree with that!

Comment

Normally would say 11 minutes without hesitation. But in this case we have a music video, montage, and bing bang every episode. At most 7 min is leftover divided three ways before and after those scenes. Too short. A cartoon's gotta have the liberty to be able to go slow when it wants to. So produce a 20 minute story with room for a single commercial break. Special "themed" episodes if they exist gotta be self contained. I'm not sitting through any more of these multiple parters.

Comment

Yeah it's tough. I feel like the stories that are best for LazyTown are also best for an 11 minute format. You can often tell in the TV show that the stories have to be stretched out with drawn out, elaborate, and expensive action sequences or stuff like that. But you're right that the musical aspect of the show, which is absolutely necessary and key, gets in the way of that format. I think there are some of options though to have it both ways.

Maybe instead of two 11's, it was closer to two 10's, with a song in the middle. The song could be related to the first segment, or not, but it wouldn't be plot-driving like they sometimes are in the series. Say, in Dr. Rottenstein, instead of Good Stuff being sang mid-episode, what if Stephanie came out after the episode and did something like, "Wow, isn't sportscandy the best? Good, good for you, and you can make it right in your own back yard!" *cue harmonicas* "What goes up, must come down....."

Something else to consider is that programs less and less are needing to rely on any kind of fixed runtime. Maybe they make 15 minute episodes on Netflix or something and there isn't a problem at all haha.

Comment

Definitely 20 minutes. You can't have a plot, two (or three, actually) songs, and action scenes in 11 minutes.

Also, I'd like to see LazyTown done with high quality and expensive 3D CGI animation.

Comment

Anime.

Comment

The fact that UnLearnEd used Class Of 3000 clips for examples amazes me. I did not think anyone else remembered that show. I have most of the songs from season one from that show. As for what the cartoon should look like I agree with Merlin55 and ********. Anime would be an interesting look for LazyTown

Comment

I kinda agree with Stingy. While it would be nice to have a 22-minute long cartoon, a lot of current American ones don't fit with that time slot. Sooo I'd say 11 minutes each ^^ two per block

Comment

Is anything confirmed or why is it "the" cartoon, instead of "a" (potential) cartoon?

//however
                      I'd like the episodes to be 11 minutes, dropping the Bing Bang and Action part, or atleast making them less obligatory. Those segments were only good because of the live action.

I just wish it becomes more character and story focused, the 2004+ version really sucked at this.

Comment

Originally posted by Aimee View Post
                        Is anything confirmed or why is it "the" cartoon, instead of "a" (potential) cartoon?

//however
                        I'd like the episodes to be 11 minutes, dropping the Bing Bang and Action part, or atleast making them less obligatory. Those segments were only good because of the live action.

I just wish it becomes more character and story focused, the 2004+ version really sucked at this.
                        nothing is confirmed but stefan teased it with pics of the cartoon versions of the characters, it's just a rumour tbh rn

Comment

I'm aware of that, I was just confused by the lack of context in the OP

Comment

Originally posted by Aimee View Post
                            I'm aware of that, I was just confused by the lack of context in the OP
                            the cartoon season 5 was debated

Comment

Originally posted by comiccominc View Post
                              Stefan teased it
                              Must have missed that *goes to look*
                              Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
                              Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

Working...
                              X