Thoughts on the British dub?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Thoughts on the British dub?

The dub would certainly be better if the voices changed from the original didn't all have the same voice actor. The closest this wasn't the case was in LazyTown Extra, only Ziggy had a british voice and everyone else have their original actor's voice.

Comment

Apparently the original version did air on cbeebies over here in the UK but I wasn't fortunate enough to capture it. What i'd give to see recordings of the US version. I do have like 9 US episodes recorded from UK tv from s3/4 though.

Comment

As far as I know cbeebies only broadcasted the UK dub and it was on Channel 5 (Milkshake TV) that aired S3 in the original US language.
        Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

The wizard of lazytown is the only episode that airs on UK TV with the original US voices now since milkshake have stopped airing lazytown all together. I'm guessing they never dubbed it or something. Also apparently according to people Cbeebies did accidentally air the US version at some point back in 2007. If only I had a time machine to find out myself. Also if anyone is interested in my recordings I could upload them on getlazymedia.

Comment

I think it was march 2007 but I couldn't give you a specific episode name, unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by saltren90 View Post
              The wizard of lazytown is the only episode that airs on UK TV with the original US voices now since milkshake have stopped airing lazytown all together. I'm guessing they never dubbed it or something. Also apparently according to people Cbeebies did accidentally air the US version at some point back in 2007. If only I had a time machine to find out myself. Also if anyone is interested in my recordings I could upload them on getlazymedia.
              You know, if I had borrowed Robbie's Time Machine, I would go buy MILLIONS of rare LazyTown Merchandise at my local Zellars store! xD (That's now a STUPID LOWES store...)

Comment

What was the point of the british dub anyway? What is the point in ANY british dub of american shows? Just doesn't make sense and people may say it's because of the accent but kids are always watching tons of cartoons in the UK that retain their american voices. Thank god the internet exists now so i've been able to get my hands on those sweet sweet 1080p US downloads!

Comment

Originally posted by Glitchtastic
                  I'll pile on the SWEETS
                  It makes the food a TREAT

Comment

It's alright. I kinda like it...

In seasons 1 and 2 that is. Season 3 and 4 sound weird with Pixel sounding way older compared to the older seasons, Stingy sounding like some sort of hyperactive grandma and the songs having double voice clips since they couldn't be bothered to remove the American ones.

Seasons 1 and 2 were totally fine and seemed natural enough. I watch these versions with a friend of mine and own a DVD of it. Somehow the dub seems more unique than the original but that could just be me.

Comment

I like the British version, I am British and it is what I watched when it aired.

Comment

Thoughts on the British dub?

hola

Comment

Again it's what I watched when it aired. I do like British Stingy as he's like a stuck-up rich kid.

Not sold on Ziggy though, when you compare it to the original. Trixie works, Pixel is so-so.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by saltren90 View Post
                          I think it was march 2007 but I couldn't give you a specific episode name, unfortunately.
                          I do have some memory of this.

It was Rockin' Robbie. They'd showed the UK dub before but that's the only time I recall CBeebies ever showing the original. I don't know why or how that happened.

Comment

It's HORRIBLE!
                            But, it's not as bad compared to Robbie's dubbing in Brazil Portuguese.
                            MY ACTION MOVIE REVIEW BLOG | MY SPORTACUS FAN-SITE

Comment

Originally posted by possessor of mine;n183787
                              [B
                              But, it's not as bad compared to Robbie's dubbing in Brazil Portuguese.[/B][/FONT]
                              Watching Hero for a Day in Portuguese made me hate the dub instantly.

Originally posted by Brazil Robbie
                              "aHH!"
                              Horrible.. I have had enough of that voice.
                              MY ACTION MOVIE REVIEW BLOG | MY SPORTACUS FAN-SITE

Comment

Working...
                              X